1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Jeremy Lin the Asian Jackie Robinson of our time?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RedRedemption, Apr 5, 2014.

?

LIN == JACKIE ROBINSON?

1. Yes.

15.0%
  2. No.

85.0%
  1. apollo33

apollo33 Member

nah man, he's experienced sooooooo much more hardships than anyone in the history of the NBA because college scouts didn't scout him in high school, so he went to Harvard

2. eslate22

eslate22 Member

its threads like these that add fire to the LOFs who are clearly trolling... hope it doesn't bring down the respectability of CF

3. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

Oh boy, some people here love LOFs more than anything else in life, coz lamenting LOFs seems to be the only joy they can find.

Obviously, demands of ridiculous LOF comments are high, and supply has dried up quickly. What can you do? Just make it up, then hold hands together and beat up the perceived LOF evil thoughts.

Someone mentioned how race helped Lin to get where he's now, and he's NOT Jackie Robinson. But you know what, race and Lin, Jackie Robinson, those sensitive words together alone, is jack-off material.

Quick, just create a thread, how LOFs are paranoid enough and think Lin is modern day Jackie Robinson. Wow, that feels good. Now I can officially hate on those inferior LOFs in this thread.

Let's party.

1 person likes this.
  4. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

Anytime you are a California Player of the Year and you don't recruited at all, there's something wrong. Obviously Lin's play has been below our standard this season and we expect more from a player, but clearly there is something wrong in the shadows.

I like Lin and wish for him to succeed, but I think at this point the Rockets could and should be be spending those millions elsewhere.

5. afk

afk Member

6. Dawan70

Dawan70 Member

What is wrong with you people!!!?! Whose more obsessed with LIN LOFs or op ????

7. autoprt

autoprt Member

i am in tears laughing at these comments. i'm learning now not to get upset at the back and forth lin talk but enjoy the moment i'm thinking this time next year this will all be a distant memory.

8. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Yao Ming suffered some bad treatment as an Asian. So lin doesn't even qualify for the first Asian. Yao was much bigger in terms of his presence and breaking barriers. But neither is like Jackie Robinson. It is night and day. It's stupid to make the comparison. There were still lynching blacks in Robinsons era. I haven't heard any Asians being lynched in America recently. No sitting in the back of the bus or dring from the water faucet in the back. Stupid comparison.

9. beybey

beybey Member

its not racist if opposing player yells open your eyes when you are shooting a free throw. they are just trying to get into your head.

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No one is saying he's not been a victim of racism.

They are saying he's not Jackie Robinson of Asians.

He's not even Jackie Chan of Asians.

He's not even nurse jackie of asians

11. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Why is this a topic?

12. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

Can you ****ers just create Lin a website for your Lin circle jerks and gtfo!!!!!

13. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Ridiculous.

14. StandontheLake

Jeremy Lin has dealt with stereotypes. Jackie Robinson dealt with people who thought he was half Chimpanzee.

Jeremy Lin is a solid player. Robinson was hall of famer.

15. Ekiu

Ekiu Member

It happens, I was watching a game earlier in the year and heard about Larry Nance Jr., he isn't asian and his dad was an NBA allstar... Jr. didn't get any offers from big schools so he had to go to Wyoming. From what I heard Lin was only interested in a few big time Cali schools... so yea he limit himself.

16. beybey

beybey Member

i havent seen any one say Lin was asian jackie robinson until i saw this thread. good job op!

17. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Where the hell have you been? He already has that fanboi site. Google his name. I'm not about to link that trash on here.

18. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

He already has his own website but if you go there you will see things that Clutch Fans will never say.

19. jason330i

jason330i Member

Damn that was awesome. I gotta put that in my sig!