1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Thunder @ Rockets 4/4/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 3, 2014.

1. platypus

platypus Member

[​IMG]

2. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Westbrook ain't playing. So yeah... I doubt it.

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

1 on 1 there's no stopping KD, he's the most unstoppable player in the league with his combination of size, skills, athleticism, shooting touch and killer instinct combined with the fact that he doesn't avoid contact. Rather than trying to bang their heads against a brick wall, what the Rox should do is block the entry pass between WB and KD and have WB's man leave the 3 pt and Mid-range area open, this will give WB the "green light" so he can start chucking up his shots. More shots for WB=less shots for KD=higher chance of Rox winning.

P.S. Who cares about MJ's record, dude wasn't even a Rocket so :confused: Records are meant to be broken anyway, all I really care about is getting the win. Plus at this point KD's so close to the record if he doesn't break it this game he'll break it the next couple of games for sure.

4. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

5. goose

goose Member

KD aka Slim Reaper aka Durantula aka KD-TreyFive

Can't do nothing about that man! He's gonna go off like he's playing 2K on rookie mode... Just D up on the rest of the team though.. And maybe we can bounce back with a W!

6. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

I am so sorry- no disrespect to Dr. King or civil rights....but I just had ta post it:

[​IMG]

7. SHARKLIN-SOUP

SHARKLIN-SOUP Member

OKC just beat the Spurs..not a good sign for us

8. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Its a back to back, never say never.

I believe!

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/YqI36cJn328" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. torocan

torocan Member

If Durant is on you just can't stop him from scoring. Too much length, too much range, too athletic, too good a ball handler, and he's the NBA golden boy so you can barely breathe on him during the regular season.

All you can do is make it hard for him to get entry passes, and try to tempt other players into taking a lot of shots.

Pack the paint, hope they don't get hot on jump shots, put up points, and try not to turn over the ball too much since they're going to beat us down the floor in transition due to speed/athleticism.

OKC is just a killer tough match up (though not quite as bad as the Clippers in my books).

Even with a full roster we're underdogs. With our injured roster, even with Westbrook out I think this game is a long shot.

10. highlander3128

Lin will lose us the game. Book it.

11. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

He could be a thousand miles away and he'll still be the reason why we lost lol.

But on a good note, Westbrook isn't going to play so at least that's a positive.

12. quizone

quizone Member

reggie jackson is as deadly as w.b.

13. quizone

quizone Member

start garcia on durant.

14. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

Oh god yes. Was watching the game tonight and he was pretty deadly. He freggin dunks in traffic. Insane.

15. Neped

Neped Member

Nice to know that. But who will stop Lin???:eek:

16. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Lin will stop Lin.

17. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

for some reason he always plays well against us, be it bev or lin guarding him. ugh

18. Oracle

Oracle Member

I think you hit it there. That's the price McHale payed for the good record so far. He still has to protect the 4th seed, but in a game like this he could use the degrees of freedom he has and work up his bench a little bit. Despite a loss it would still be money in the bank concerning the playoffs.

In any case there is a need to make adjustments because you can't build on Beverley being a factor in the playoffs. JLin has scored OK lately, but I am not very pleased with his game. His scoring has also neutralized some of the team effort. The Rockets can win only when they play as a team with a lot of ball movement.

19. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Rockets will win this...no doubt.

20. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Mcfail and haren

Signed
    LOFs