1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Enough of Lin, lets talk about Harden's turnovers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GoRox2013, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Thread/

2. dragician

dragician Member

What's next, moochie, tmac, etc.. blah blah blah..

3. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I am sorry to be mean, but your point is terrible.

Of all the things that need to be addressed on this team, Harden's turnovers is near the bottom.

4. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

I dont care about his turnovers that much. He more than makes up for it offensively. It's his lazy defense at times that really annoys me.

5. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Stopped reading, srs.

6. torocan

torocan Member

This. While some of the turnovers are terrible, inconsistent defensive effort is the main concern with Harden.

The better teams in the Play Offs won't give Harden a pass. They'll do what Jason Kidd did and go at Harden all night to tire him out.

That said, Harden's turnovers are far from the worst problem on the team right now. Bench depth and roster health are much more critical.

7. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

No need to apologize, this is your opinion. Imo your 100% wrong. I'm confident enough to say that Harden's turnover problem will cost us either a series or atleast 2 playoff games this season. It wil be the main topic this upcoming offseason

8. dookiester

dookiester Member

This is such an incredibly disingenuous response, along with your original post. You mentioned Lin repeatedly in the thread title and throughout your post and now claim umbrage when people are comparing Lin and Harden in the responses? Even if it wasn't your explicit intent to bring up the comparison, it was the only reasonably foreseeable result. You dictated the parameters of the discussion and expressly saying that this ISN'T about Lin is the functional equivalent of saying that it is.

9. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

So would you be comfortable saying the same about... Durant, Lebron, Westbrook, Curry...so on and so forth?

Cause were looking at about the same thing here.

10. forty4487

forty4487 Contributing Member

he scores a lot. talk is over now.

11. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

That question has been asked multiple times in this thread and there's been no reply.

Seems like if you think that Harden's turnover rate is such a problem then you'd have to feel the same way about Lebron, Durant, etc...

12. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

You have brought nothing to the conversation after our OP, which wasn't much.

We get it, you think Harden's turnovers are one of the biggest problem of this team and need to be addressed. But when provided with statistics that say otherwise you have no response.

13. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

2 things:

1. Harden is an absolute NBA superstar.

2. Jeremy Lin is a mediocre backup point guard. No joke.

14. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Can't wait to get these Norris only fans out of clutchfans

15. cebu

cebu Member

Another knee jerk thread

16. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Because statistics don't show everything. For example, one of y'all's main rebuttals for Harden's turnovers is his high usage. You want to compare him to superior players with high usage like LBJ & KD, but that doesn't justify the type of lazy turnovers James commits. The laziness of his passes, combined with his defense is a huge concern regardless of what stat you wanna conjure up.

17. Plutoburn

Plutoburn Member

Only a poorly run company would cut a worker slack for coming in late, regardless of his work performance when he is in because that should already be reflected on his salary. Harden is a max contract player, so should our expectation of his performance.

18. RedJinx

RedJinx Member

Harden expense alot of energy on offense and he can't do other things well, especially fatigued b2b games. imo he lacks stamina and mchale plays him to many minutes.

Hes not lazy but fatigued

19. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

You CLEARLY didn't read the thread. I brought up Lin because I wanted ppl to know I have no bias and even though I despise of him harden is just as bad with his turnovers. My point was we all talk about how bad Jeremy Lin is (which he is) but there are other players who make silly mistakes too. Harden is one of them. What I found out is Harden fans and Morey fans are just as delusional as LOF are. All 3 are so outta touch with reality you can't even criticize without being attacked. It's all good tho

20. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

How moronic. The entire team turns the ball over. Sick of this, pointing the finger at individual players.

Also Harden is not the only poor perimeter defender. I've said this since the season started, nobody on the perimeter can stay in front of there man except for Beverly.

Then I read later on in this thread you are upset people are comparing Lin with Harden when you make it clear in the thread you are comparing the two.

"Everyone is bashing Lin, but Harden is worse' is the best way to sum up this thread.