1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Raptors 4/2/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 2, 2014.

1. chatterjb

chatterjb Member

Harden's defense is a giant gaping hole that will come back and bite us in the @ss in the playoffs. Ever wonder why the Rockets play so much better with big leads?Atleast guys like Parsons and Lin try. Harden looks like he doesn't give a ****.

Honestly, I think the Rockets know very well that they have the 4 seed in the bag and are coasting through these last 8 games. You still have to win enough to hang on to the 4 seed though and I hope they get enough reps in practice with Bev and Howard before the playoffs start so we don't look terrible all over again like we did in the beginning of the year.

2. langal

langal Contributing Member

A bunch of you are as obsessed with Lin as the LOFs you profess to hate.

3. Nanisteru

Nanisteru Rookie

Reading of some these posts... makes me wonder if people here are Rockets fans or just plain trolls who enjoy doing nothing better than putting other people down on the internet. Funny thing is its come from the haters. A year ago it would've been from LOFs but it looks like the board did a complete 180.

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Damn people are touchy feely on internet message boards. I've had people post way worse about me here especially in the D&d and yet only 1 person is on my ignore list.

5. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

Be careful there. Any combination of words that doesn't include Lin + Sucks will be misconstrued as loudly stating your "ching chong" ethnicity and how much you want to physically have intimate relations with Lin. Clearly you need to learn how to abandon all personal opinions because you're not allowed to have them on this thread.

6. chatterjb

chatterjb Member

Fair enough, but true fans also offer up legitimate constructive criticism of their team and I think the Rockets are worthy of that right now. You can't pretend like two 3 game losing streaks within the last 2 weeks of the season is a good thing going into the playoffs. A brutal, ultra-competitve playoffs in the West at that.

7. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

Yes in the 1st half Parsons played solid, second half I saw 4 back door cuts giving up by harden and Parsons, both got really lazy on D(mchale said it to)

I don't like how our number one and two option deferred to Lin with 3 min. Left in the game, Lin's a role player, stars show up at the end of games

8. jms99

jms99 Member

Has LIN NEVER made a 5 point play? LOL. The guy sucks. Period.

You hit a three and get fouled. Then you miss the free throw and get your own rebound and dunk the ball. That's a 5-point play. I doubt Lin will ever make one in his entire career.

9. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

4 loss steak is coming!!!

10. Rockets1616

Rockets1616 Member

Don't act like it isn't true that 90% of these Lin fans only care about him because he looks like them, you can say that's r****ded but its just reality. They will defend him at all costs no matter what, even if he goes 1-20 with 10 TO's, they will find a way to blame McHale or Harden. (i'm half asian BTW, i'm just actually a rockets fan.)

11. imaginedragons

Lin deferring to Harden should be a no brainer IMO. Harden is a top 5 player right now and there is no question he should be the focal point of the offense majority of the time. But Lin getting most of the blame for this loss is really ridiculous. He makes good plays and bad plays but it's also kind of obvious that he makes MORE good plays than bad plays although the bad plays are far uglier than the good plays are spectacular. But in this game, one play is one play, same as a dunk or layup is still two points no matter how they look.

Same with the Harden haters. Harden turns the ball over a lot but he makes so many more good and great plays to offset this, and maybe even offset his poor defense.

That's his identity and that's Lin's identity. One thing is clear, there can never ever be a perfect 5 players on the court, much less a perfect 5 plus perfect bench. Even if you have all the salary cap and all the money, there will still be flaws in all players. Rooting for a team means being with them through thick and thin and taking the good with the bad, and getting success will be even more sweeter.

You look at the roster and you can really feel that with a complete team, this team can go really far and contend for the title despite all the negativity in this forum. There is something seriously wrong if people keep picking at the faults of very single player on the team. Left and right attacks on Lin, Harden, Parsons, etc etc, instead of being objective. SMH. I know following a team can be frustrating, but we make it even more so with our attitude

12. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

Lol, I love that last part. That's all the credibility you need.

13. adobo

adobo Member

:grin: I chuckled

14. Nanisteru

Nanisteru Rookie

I agree with you bud. Constructive criticism is what we need. However, the arrogance of some of the posters here is really bothersome and a good portion are resorting to personal insults/attacks.

It's crunch time and I hope we can hold on to the 4th seed. Injuries to Dwight, Bev and TJones are really killing us right now.

15. Rockets1616

Rockets1616 Member

I don't need any credibility for anything, i'm just making an obvious point. I don't pick on Lin for the sake of picking on him. I wish nothing more than for him to be amazing, but he isn't, and it's just insanely annoying that anytime somebody points out that Lin isn't playing as well as we need, you get labeled as a racist or LOF. We get it, you want Jeremy to be good because you look like him. Unfortunately, no ones gives a ****, this is a forum for the Houston Rockets team.

16. lfw

lfw Rookie

I have a few black friends. Pretty sure that means I have a ghetto pass now.

17. jms99

jms99 Member

Me too. I'm Russian and I got into NBA because of Andrei Kirilenko. In fact, I only used to watch Andrei Kirilenko and not care about any teams until I moved to Texas and became a Rockets Fan.

But it's a little different because I'm Russian, not Chinese.

18. FlyingBeagles

FlyingBeagles Member

Very reasonable post.

Harden, Parsons, Lin were not perfect but we should give them credit to play 40, 36, 39 minutes in the 2nd night of back-to-back games while missing 3 starters (Dwight, Bev, ineffective TJones w/ flu in 10 min). They almost pulled a comeback but fell short.

What's wrong with people attacking one another? :confused:
    True Rocket fans should hope for the best for #RocketNation!

19. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Good, sensible post with actual content.

20. yummyhawtsauce

I was at the game.

1. refs called very few fouls for the rockets, lin, harden and parsons come to mind

2. this was a team loss. no effort. body language was poor. ball movement was crappy at times

3. why didnt the rockets attack the basket when the raptors were in foul trouble at 7 min in the game? win at the line...

4. for games like these - i really wish harden demanded the ball more. i wouldnt have even minded some iso. harden really is the only guy who can effectively create his own shot and get to the rim. woudl rather him shoot than rest of the team.

5. asik...great defensive player. but man on offense. i miss howard. he really helps space the floor more because people actually pay attention to him.

on to the next...