1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Here comes our signature late season collapse...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RedRedemption, Mar 13, 2013.

1. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

I'm about to roast you!

We don't need pessimistic thoughts right now.

Go to sleep, kiss your wife in the morning, and make some tacos for the kids.

Chill!

2. Rockets1994

Rockets1994 Member

Oh yeah you're right, I was just talking about how this shouldn't be called a collapse.. But yeah I didn't realize how close Portland could potentially be to us!

3. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Yep. This is Portland's remaining schedule:

@ Lakers
    Suns
    Pelicans
    Kings
    @ Jazz
    Warriors
    Clippers

None of those are B2Bs. The Blazers are at relative full strength. And the Warriors and especially Clippers may have nothing to play for by the time those last 2 games roll around. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Portland won every single one of them.

Now look at the Rockets' remaining games:

@ Raptors
    Thunder
    Nuggets
    @ Lakers
    @ Nuggets
    @ T'Wolves
    Pelicans
    Spurs
    @ Pelicans

3 of those are B2Bs(@Raptors, @Nuggets, and Pelicans). If the Blazers don't lose another game, we have to go 6-3 in these remaining 9 games. That is not easy by any stretch of the imagination, especially with Bev out for a while and Dwight possibly out for at least another week. And imagine if the Rockets drop their next 2 games which could easily happen. Then you're looking at needing to win 6 of the last 7 games!

4. conquistador#11

damn it why does lowry look like he doesn't care? he is just moping around the 3 point line watching dragic drive! wtf lowry!!! GTFO of my lawn and team. weak link hurting the team.

here are the stats for this month of april:
    1 point v sac
    13 points/3asst/2 tos v portland
    15 pts on torching 37% fg vs utah
    11 points vs suns
    3 pts vs denver
    10 pts vs denver
    11 pts vs dallas
    3 pts vs NOH
    and tada/// 0 against the warriors.

get this chump outta here. he killed our season and was a meanie to hof coach mchale.

5. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Ya! WTF Lowrie. You clearly faked that stomach infection and went surgeon hunting to find the guy who would remove your appendix even though there was nothing wrong with it. UGH. You're gonna make the Red Sox lose the pennant race :eek:

6. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Rockets always have a late season collapse, at least lately. We could easily lose HCA if we don't get our **** together. Dwight's looking to be out at least a few more games and Beverley is a question mark of course. Toronto is a very good team and Thunder always beat us. Losing HCA is definitely a legit concern, especially if you've followed the Rockets for the last few years..

7. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

We've won it from the 6th seed before...I believe we could do it again!

...in saying that, homecourt would be very nice!

8. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

We really need Bev and Howard back, and we also have to figure out who is gonna play when the playoffs come around. I say the bench should be...

Asik,Lin, Dmo (he sucks), and Garcia. A 9 man rotation to begin the playoffs and go from there. I still think we will be ok.

9. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

Just to clear that's a HOF player trying to coach, not a HOF coach per se.

10. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

The team's toughness went down the drain without Beverley. Guys don't have any fightback when the pressure mounts.

Now we are seeing what the team really needs to get over the hump.

11. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Rockets are 5-5 last 10 games

12. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Some of the issue is coaching and some is the personnel. I really feel Rockets should trade Parsons or have him as a sixth man. Start a 3 that can play defense and hit the open 3. Get rid of Lin, Motiejunas, Casspi and Garcia and just get tough athletic defensive minded basketball players. That's if McHale is still coaching this team.

13. amak316

amak316 Member

This team lost two games where they were underdogs without their most important player (dwight) on the road, and people start mashing the panic button.

14. count_dough-ku

It's not panic time yet. But if they drop their next 2 games(and the Rockets will be the underdogs in both given their injury situation), THEN it's time to be concerned.

15. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

You know McHale is not going to make any adjustments and he is just going to tell the team to play harder and smarter. All the other playoff team coaches start to gameplan better against us late in the season like the last few years. It's not the fact that we lost it's moreso our current situation and how we are losing.

16. count_dough-ku

But what can he do given the absence of Howard and Bev? Other guys need to step up and play better D, but there aren't a lot of adjustments you can make when there's not much depth on that bench to make up for those two. And it was even worse yesterday with T-Jones being out as well.

17. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I'm not the coach but If I were I would start a bigger lineup and still bring Lin and Canaan off the bench. Like last night we were forced to start Motiejunas... Asik, Parsons, Hamilton and Harden could start... then your bring Lin, Canaan, Garcia off the bench at times but there should never be a point in the game where Casspi is your 5. Given the current situation it's tough and this is an idea of what I would have done rotation wise to shake things up. Mchale in my opinion does not do anything from what I see to actually give us a competitive advantage in any way, form or fashion.

18. iLookOK

iLookOK Member

I thought the 2pat thing was from today and actually laughed

19. Gumblin

Gumblin Member

Personally, I think Morey ball is flawed. This whole live by the 3, die by the 3 can't work consistently.

20. conquistador#11

how so? it's what got us championships. A fadeaway for Dream was like a dunk shot for him. If harden had an unstoppable post game, I doubt maury would pull on harden's beard and make him stop.

what is flawed is that we don't have consistent tree point shooters. we have some that will get hot for a month then deflate. our best threat was traded.