1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin upset with his play against Clippers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 29, 2014.

1. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

God, that's a depressing statement.

2. topfive

topfive CF OG

Ah, the infamous "book it!" post. You've just guaranteed Linsanity WON'T be back this season.

Anytime someone says "book it!" around here, the FAIL is not far behind. :grin:

3. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

I'm starting to come to the realization that "Linsanity" was one of those flukes that raised expectations of a player who simply doesn't have it. Plain and simple.

Part of that reality is it seems like Lin "forgot" how to create off his midrange game. And "forgot" how to help on defense. (Why are his steals numbers way down?) I do think he was a better player two years ago than he is now. Which is strange, given his age.

That said, I hope Jeremy ultimately comes through. He was so fun to watch when things were going well. But more and more, he appears to be the Tim Tebow of basketball.

4. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Actions speak louder than words.

1 person likes this.
  5. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Keep your head up buddy!

6. Scola Scoops

Scola Scoops Member

So going by your logic, would it be wrong to bring in T-mac and Beverley into this thread where it is about Lin being upset with his play against the Clippers?

Have you somehow become the police of this forum, telling others what they can or cannot discuss?

7. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

Actually been thinking of the same. He has 2 full seasons already. I dont see much improvement. I mean consistent production/ actions on the court.

8. Raven

Raven Member

Needs a change of scenery, but who's going to want that poison pill contract?

9. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

A team will have to be truly desperate in order to take lins contract. We need to get rid of him, it's just going to be almost impossible to get rid of him. little to no signs of "Linsanity" ever coming true again, which is why we brought him here. So now that his make or break season has been inconsistent and still unproven, I don't know what the future holds for him. We have a 16 Million dollar backup PG.

10. TDRox

TDRox Member

Jeremy Lin is a joke!

11. Awkh

Awkh Member

there is no remedy to Lin's game.. sad to say but true

not bashing him but never really liked his game since his Warrior's days.. I for one always taught his Linsanity days were overrated.. although those numbers got him a good paycheck so props to the man

but all in all.. all the hard work he puts in but without the consistency it just cripples Lin's games.. consistency is something you can't teach and this young man just doesn't have it

12. mig0s

mig0s Member

reasons why I can tell you know nothing about basketball:

1) Lin barely played with the Warriors. He got a few minutes in about 1/3 of the games how the hell do you dislike someone that doesn't even play?

2)Consistency can be taught. It requires practice, experience and confidence. All these factors can be changed and improved.

13. sutton

sutton Member

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400278808

8:00 PM ET, March 30, 2013
    Toyota Center, Houston, TX
    1 2 3 4 T
    LAC 29 21 13 18 81
    HOU 28 27 30 13 98

no Howard, no Harden, Clippers with full roster.

How did the rockets win that game?

Defense is the reason.
    -----------
    last season Rocket 1-2 vs Clippers, Lin 13.7pts 6.7ast 2.7TO.

14. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

If Jeremy isn't making shots, he's useless.

15. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

All I see is a player who plays like a superstar when he has his own team, and is the primary decision-maker on the team, and plays like a scrub when he is expected to be a role player. He's like a world-class surgeon who is being told to be a janitor, and he's predictably not a very good janitor.

16. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

This deserves its own thread.

17. LosRockets2011

LosRockets2011 Contributing Member

I cant stand Lin's play but he's such a good kid and know he wants to do good. Howard has Hakeem to mentor him and our bigs. Lin is young, beverley is young we need a veteran pg to show these kids only true pg know. The assist is huge in our style of play.

18. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

It really is depressing how the Lin fans actually think Lin fluke is just going to happen again. This is his second season in a Rockets uniform. He continues to make rookie mistakes and he is not doing the things we need him to do. It's a bad marriage folks. We don't need to try and cover it up. It was sporadic decision. It is a drunken vegas marriage at a drive through chapel. It just needs to be over. Let Canaan and Daniels get their chance because the Lin show just flat out Sucks. It is not even a joke, if it is it sure isn't funny to Rockets fans.

1 person likes this.
  19. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

PG is probably second to center in terms of the age of peak performance. Just because it's more about what goes on upstairs than how much athleticism you have (unless you are D. Rose or J. Wall or R. Westbrook). Look how old Parker was when he started to take over as San Antonio's best player. Look at Kyle Lowry and Goran Dragic. Would you say they peaked while they were on the Rockets? Because Lowry is 28 now and Dragic 27. Both had PER's hovering around 15-17 when they were with us, and now Lowry's at 20, Dragic 22.

Maybe Jeremy needs another year or two to figure out how not to jump on his drives before deciding where the ball is going to go. I think the court vision is there, just not the decision-making. Do I think he's gonna ever hit a PER of 20 again? Probably not, but hey above average play isn't out of the realm of possibility.

20. MystikArkitect

He's like a janitor in a comedy who dressed up as a surgeon one day and lucked into performing a successful surgery so the rest of the movie everyone expects miracles out of him when the whole time he was actually just a janitor.