1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Beverley has a torn meniscus (UPDATE: Will not require surgery, expected to return)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by loveofthegame44, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Mitchmantc

Mitchmantc Member

& this is exactly why I wasn't sure about the AB trade. Having only 2 NBA-ready PGs on your roster is like playing with fire.

After the Yao/T-mac years, I don't know if I can handle anymore "What If" seasons.

Then again, maybe J-Ham will turn into Lebron & we can just play him as a Point Forward.....

:rolleyes:

2. jason330i

jason330i Member

Yeah but look how poorly Lin played after his knee tear. Also Chris Paul took a while to recover as we'll. If bev somehow comes back this season, best to keep the expectations real.

3. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

He does that already. The ball is in his hand a lot.

4. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Well I think they have a point. The most glaring example of this was right at the beginning of the season when we played the Clippers twice in a week. Paul embarrassed Lin and they hit us with an offensive freight train, resulting in one of the worst losses of the season. A few games later, Beverley came in and was able to slow him down a bit.

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400488923
    http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400488963

Lin is an atrocious defender and we are about to enter a series against Lillard or Curry, two fantastic PGs. It is a legitimate concern.

5. Panda23

Panda23 Member

depends entirely if you have it removed or repaired.

Lin and Paul had it repaired IIRC. Wade had his removed in college years ago and it's giving him all sorts of grief.

Long-term -> Repair
    get back asap -remove

but both these options aren't always available.

6. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

He's the point guard already. And Lin is at his best scoring.

7. kastuul

kastuul Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ylsSQxN4hH0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. yummyhawtsauce

i know true rockets fans are pulling for lin and canaan to do well, the team is still in good shape moving forward

9. Andrew Wiggins

First round, second round....whats the difference? We "build confidence?" I think we would be more confident losing a 6 or 7 game series than winning in 6 then losing in 4 or 5 in the second round. Parker, westbrook, and paul are going to dance around lin.

10. Asian Sensation

BREAKING NEWS: Rockets sign former standout journeyman Point Guard Eldridge Recasner to a 10 day contract. Sources say it was between him and Moochie Norris.

11. Neped

Neped Member

I think that "Jeremy is a Joke thread" is going to get some hits.

12. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Not just confidence, but experience. You get more experience with more games. 11 playoff games gives you more experience than 6 or 7.

This is with the perspective that we have no shot going forward, which I don't believe at all. I honestly think Lin, Canaan and everyone else will step up and make up for Beverley's absence. It may be wishful thinking, but that's fine with me.

13. Andrew Wiggins

The sky would be falling for you if lin got injured. Hypocrite.

Beverley has been our third best player as of late. Better than parsons, asik, and jones. His defense is what we need vs wc guards.

14. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

Beverley's impact transcends all advanced stats

15. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

MOTHER ****ER! SON OF A ****ING ****!

******* IT I JUST GOT HOME TO SEE THIS!

****!

****!

16. Andrew Wiggins

They always show up around this time of year. Never late.

17. Pukimonster

Pukimonster Member

I was at that first game. He broke Lin's ankles once, that's all people seem to remember

I remember the whole Rox team playing like sht. Harden and Parsons taking defensive plays off on guys like Crawford and Redick, giving Paul easy drive and kick outlets. Harden played zero D on Redick and let him blow open the game in the first quarter

18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

**** your karma

19. RocketStream

RocketStream Member

Offensively, Lin is at his best when scoring. Defensively I would like him to make a better effort to stay in front of his man. Now if Lin is not able to stay in front of his man, at least he has Howard or Asik in the paint to back him up. So not all is necessary lost when that happens.

However, Howard and Asik cannot back up Lin at the 3-point line obviously so I think Lin needs to slightly overplay the 3-point shooters just a bit on the perimeter in certain situations. Don't let the opponents feel too comfortable at the 3-point line, because remember there is good backup in the paint in Howard and Asik. I have seen Lin give way too much space on the 3-point line and the opponent then ensues to drain the shot.

I would rather opponents have to take a tough 2-point shot than a relatively open and easier 3-point shot. And we all want the opponents to take contested 3-point shots of course.

Even Beverly allows his man to get by him at times, but he continues to hound the perimeter and that is why I think people shoot the 3ball worse against him. Yes, I know Lin is not Beverley but I feel he could take some cues from Bev's perimeter defense.

Oh and get well soon Beverley..

20. Nanisteru

Nanisteru Rookie

Tunnel vision?

I'm sure his teammates had nothing to do with the lost either. Lets all blame it on Lin.