1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Beverley has a torn meniscus (UPDATE: Will not require surgery, expected to return)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by loveofthegame44, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Not sure if serious?

2. gene18

gene18 Rookie

And you are probably not a professional athelete. MIne get inflamed when I push myself. He won't be back soon if he values his career.

3. torocan

torocan Member

Lin has historically played exceptionally well against Lillard. So that IS good.

And Bev got torched by CP3 and Parker as well, so it's not like there's a big drop off there. And Westbrook wasn't exactly being stopped by Beverley the last time they met either.

Honestly, I'm not that worried about the starting unit right now.

My number 1 worry is Canaan and the 2nd unit. We've barely seen him play, and he hasn't fully settled in yet, played defense against NBA caliber guards or had much time to develop chemistry with the 2nd unit.

Basically he's got 2 weeks to get up to speed. At least Lin has put in substantial minutes with the starters. That's a solid advantage there.

We can only hope that Canaan adjusts well.

4. yummyhawtsauce

absolutely. as many mentioned before, we now don't really have a backup guard to lead the bench. bev was there for defense and his intensity. now there's a gap.

5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

wow the rockets are ****ed. Brooks trade is terrible in hindsight...it was a gutsy move at the time and we needed a backup for CP but damn...our PGs were already getting injured like crazy

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Beverley's agent Kevin Bradbury said Beverley will get second opinion next week.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/statuses/449607891331194880">March 28, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. HOUSTONROCKETS5

Are you kidding me? In a conference stacked with elite PG's (Paul, Parker, Westbrook, Curry, Lillard)? Beverley's defense was a big factor in our playoff run.

8. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Howard at doctor for ankle now?!?

What is going on here?!

9. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

Quoted for truth.

10. AstroMechPLZ

AstroMechPLZ Member

McHale needs to find a way to stagger minutes so that Lin and JH cover all 48 minutes. Or else our bench will suck.

11. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Morey is tanking?????

12. torocan

torocan Member

Yah, I don't see any chance he's back before the 2nd round, IF he's back by the 2nd round. I wouldn't be shocked if they shut him down for the season.

13. Scola Scoops

Scola Scoops Member

IIRC Lin was ready to return towards the end of the Knicks' first round series against the Celtics that season. Since it's Bev, hopefully he can return in time for our second round, hopefully against the Spurs! Stay positive guys :grin:

14. yunac010

yunac010 Member

As much as I love Bev he never stopped Paul, Parker or Westbrook. We'll be meeting either one of Curry or Lillard in the first round and Lin has always played well against them.

People are acting like we're going to be a first round exit just because Lin is most likely the starting point guard now.

15. yummyhawtsauce

This is true, but Lin also has to readjust again to get used to playing more minutes.

Most likely lin will be getting close to 35+ min and Canaan will be used sparingly if he's not getting the job done. Thing will be missing form the team most is bev's presence and energy which can give the team a boost in morale (may not be necessarily his defense per say vs PG)

16. Panthro

Panthro Rookie

17. atwood

atwood Member

Get well soon, PB!

18. yunac010

yunac010 Member

Bench wasn't going to see much time in the playoffs anyways. I honestly expected Lin to only average about 20 mins at most in the postseason unless Bev absolutely disappeared.

19. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Damn, this really hurts.

Can we somehow get Brooks back? Don't think Canaan is ready.

20. archinkent

archinkent Member

The annual Rockets injury curse. :(