1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2013-2014 Magic Numbers against the Western Conference

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ScriboErgoSum, Mar 6, 2014.

1. YourSecretLover

final standing predictions
    San Antonio 63-19
    OKC 60-22
    LAC 57-27
    Houston 57-27
    Portland 51-31
    GS 51-31
    Memphis 51-31
    Dallas 51-31
    Phoenix 51-31

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

LOL no. In this case we would lose the tie breaker to LAC though...

3. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

actually LAC and us would have to be 55-27... your record equals 84 games lol

4. YourSecretLover

of course i know. i'd rather face dallas than memphis

5. Dallas
    6. Memphis
    7. Golden State
    8. Phoenix
    9. Portland(misses playoffs with 51-31 record)

5. YourSecretLover

damn typos! lol i meant 57-25

6. Unstable

Unstable Member

The grizz are at 42wins so mathematically nuggets still have a chance....

7. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Most likely playoff seed: 4th (77%), 3rd (13%)

Most likely 1st round opponents: POR (47%), GSW (45%)

Most likely 2nd round opponents: SAS (86%), OKC (14%)

IMO dream scenario is lock up the 4th seed early, rest our starters the remainder of the season, and face POR in rd 1 and SAS in rd 2.

[​IMG]

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NBA/Western.html

8. solid

solid Contributing Member

What is it about Dallas that gives OKC trouble? Dallas has won the last two games. If the Mavs move into the seventh place and meet OKC in the first round, could get interesting. Do they have their number? For one thing, Brooks gives Fisher too many minutes. Cost them last year, and will cost them again.

9. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

OKC has no one that can guard Dirk...

Ibaka gets schooled and so does KD. Also okc can play some very bad defense at time and dallas has some really streaky shooters (ellis,calderon,carter)

10. torocan

torocan Member

Dirk. Love him or hate him, but when he's on he's 100% unguardable. And that's *truly* unguardable.

Harden is *mostly* unguardable, but there are perimeter defenders that can give him a hard time and defensive schemes (like OKC) that can make his life very difficult.

Dirk however has that patented fade away kick out jumper. And he's SO tall and long that ball denial is Very difficult, especially since he's a good passer and has range.

Dirk is the X-factor against any team. Catch him when he's playing well and it's anyone's ball game. Toss in Ellis and Calderon who can go crazy any given night, and they're a wildcard in the play offs.

Dallas isn't the threat in the way that Memphis is, but as long as Dirk is wearing a jersey, playing Dallas in the play offs is never a sure bet.

11. solid

solid Contributing Member

Both of you are right. When Dirk is hot, he is unstoppable. And they do have a bunch of streaky shooters. If they are hot and Dirk is hot, they become a problem.

12. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Tbh I kind of hope Clips start winning. 4th seed is the perfect seed for the team right now

13. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Well they're in town Saturday night. Good chance the winner ends up the 3 seed.

14. Rockets1994

Rockets1994 Member

Dang if we beat the clippers Saturday, we will be in position for the 3 seed..I don't know if I want that

15. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I definitely don't want it.

4th and play either of GSW/Portland and then on to Spurs would be magic for us. They're the 3 teams we're strongest against so far this season.

16. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Well if we smash OKC and LAC in the next couple weeks, I'd probably get pretty hyped to play either tbh.

17. YallMean

YallMean Member

Here we go. As I said, the clippers would be gunning the for the 4th. I will not be surprised that they mail in the game on Sat. They do not want to play GSw, they don't want to play okc. They were also trying to avoid the Griz, but looks like the Griz will not crack to the 5th. So typical of Doc Rivers. So don't get carried away if we beat them on sat.

18. YourSecretLover

rockets must have a better record than clippers if they want 3rd seed since tie breakers. i dont really care by now, i'd rather be 100 percent healthy and rested in the playoffs! we can take anybody including clippers and okc

19. WALAWALA

WALAWALA Rookie

If regular season games count anything, Clippers have better chance to beat OKC than Spurs. They might like to stay at 3rd seed, and hope Rockets beat the Spurs in the 2nd round playoff.

20. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Clippers lost tonight. With the blazers collapse lets hope that we can pass LAC up.