1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin ft. in Valve's e-Sports documentary, Free To Play - Dota 2

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by KiLLiN, Mar 19, 2014.

1. nemecide

nemecide Member

not paying him to play computer games, we're paying you to win us a freaking championship.

2. wapz

wapz Member

jeremy should play HoTS

3. archinkent

archinkent Member

How much are you paying him? :confused:

4. Ubigman

Ubigman Member

rofl the lol scrubs

5. mingthething

mingthething Member

At least this is a cheaper hobby than hiring big-booty strippers.

6. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

What is dota,LoL and these esports? I have no clue honestly

7. KePoW

KePoW Contributing Member

They are computer video games.

8. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

Lin knows whats up. Dota 2 is the best MOBA right now.

9. KiLLiN

KiLLiN Member

e-Sports is essentially competitive gaming. The best comparison I can think is pro soccer. A lot of clubs pick up the best players in the world to make their teams. These players can play individually (for games like Starcraft) or on a team (for games like counter strike, league of legends, and dota 2).

It has gotten a lot more respect in recent years as the audience has become much more transparent on how much time and skill it takes to become a professional gamer.

10. pakattak

pakattak Member

Dota 2 is so good. Like, scary good. No other game can give me the emotional highs and lows that Dota 2 provides. It's so deep, but the lessons come at you fast and furious. Every little breakthrough, every little 'ah-ha' moment you get playing the game is addicting. The worst part about it is how much of my time it can eat up. I had it pretty bad for a couple of months before I managed to bring it down to a couple of games a weekend.

A lot of similarities between basketball and Dota 2, actually. Five on five, very role specific, balancing strengths and weaknesses when choosing your hero, constant communication and a focus on rewarding good spacing and timing as well as creating strategies on the fly.

11. vincilicious

vincilicious Member

[dmorey]
    I think eSports is going to be the biggest sport in the world. I just can't tell you when.

Dota is great, been playing for years. Add me on Steam, I'm 4200 MMR.

12. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I hate these types of games... I play 1st person shooters except for COD and Battlefield games... Action games...

13. figment

figment Member

Reading the description of dota2 it reminds me of the LOTR: Battle For Middle Earth RTS...except like maybe 5000x harder. Yeah let me stick with my Sims3

14. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

I wish they played fighting games. );

15. OremLK

OremLK Member

League of Legends is much clearer in terms of being able to tell what's going on... all the characters kinda look the same in DotA 2. More so than the original DotA also. LoL also feels much "tighter" because the characters can turn on a dime instead of having so much momentum in their movement.

Different strokes for different folks though.

16. OremLK

OremLK Member

Also, DotA games are really damn long. A lot of people can't set aside 2 hours just to play one game.

17. akiracy

akiracy Member

:rolleyes:the average dota game takes like 40 mins bro

18. Edward77547

Edward77547 Member

Reason why I switched from DOTA to LoL was so that I could play with my friends. Lol is more mainstream, because it is more casual then DOTA. I'm surprised Lin plays DOTA over LoL for that reason...

19. OremLK

OremLK Member

Yeah but they can take up to 2 hours and it's bad to leave a game in the middle. LoL almost never goes longer than an hour

20. jocar

jocar Member

Don't tell Harden about the pure bliss of puter games he is missing out on. Voluptuous women? Haha what a sucker!

[​IMG]