1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard up for "Most Enthusiastic Athlete" Award

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Well that's true but not in this thread.

2. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Howard is a Zen Master and always will be. Yao had a much more viscious temper than Howard and Hakeem combined. We need Angry Yao to help unleash the Hulk in Howard.

3. rocketfan21

rocketfan21 Member

lol I feel old as hell now, but suddenly I feel kinda young cause I remember watching Kids Choice Awards back in like 97, and now I'm 26. Damn I'm getting old, but not growing up at all. I just wanna watch Hey Arnold and Kenan & Kel.

4. ed_tx

ed_tx Contributing Member

Met Dwight last night and he most definitely deserves this award. The sheer enthusiasm he displayed and the genuine love he showed to the kids in the group was really a nice change of pace from some players who just "go through the motions". Glad you're a Rocket D12!

5. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Voted, Lol at Richard Sherman being up there.

[​IMG]

6. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Glad Dwight is nominated and hope he gets it. He's clearly hated currently due to the media's general sentiment regarding himself and the Rockets chances. All-Star voting is another obvious sign of hate.
    Hope Dwight wins it and continues an upward trend with his persona and game. Add a championship "just because".

7. Fantasma Negro

Voted a couple of times. Voted for Jessie too Debbie Ryan is so sexy

8. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Sorry for the late reply on this -- it appears to be cookie-based, if I'm not mistaken. So you'd have to clear cookies or come from different browsers to vote multiple times.

9. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

It's a funny gesture award. You'd think Dwight had his tap dancing shoes out and sang a Broadway musical about how much he likes to play basketball to have been nominated for such an award.

10. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Didnt know where else to put this...

So, I had dinner tonight with someone who has very close ties to the Rockets...he told me that most of the coaches on the staff hate Howard and that they all think he's a "p***y". And apparently, after the Chicago game, he apologized to his team that he didnt try during the game.

Take it for what it's worth...I think people around here know enough about me that I wouldnt make something like this up.

Players like Howard, coaches think he's the furthest thing from a leader and they are not big on him at all.

11. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Hate is a pretty strong word.

12. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

p***y is a pretty strong word

also, this belongs in its own thread

13. rockbox

As long as McHale and Finch like him, I'm cool. I could care less about Sampson and the rest.

14. FeaR

FeaR Member

I don't care what Assistant coaches think of our players ... I just want them to do their job right. And in the CHI game no one played well (except Lin), he apologised for what ? He had a bad stretch of game but i didn't see an obvious lack of effort.

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Thanks for sharing, but seems an odd thread to share it.

16. rezdawg

I dont care either...Im just saying what was said.

"hate" and "p***y" are strong words, but those are exactly the words that one of the assistant coaches used in describing Howard. And the same coaches were pissed at Howard bc they say he's making 20 million a year, but that he can actually come out and say that he didnt try. Also, this injury of his is BS...he's really not injured and could have been playing all these games. He was a little hurt, but not to the magnitude of what's been shown.

Again, I dont really care as long as the team plays well together...but thought I'd share these thoughts that came directly from one of the coaches.

17. rezdawg

I didnt want to make an entire thread out of it in the event that the person I got the knowledge from browses this site. I would be the obvious person sharing the news. I didnt know where else to put it, but my first thought when I heard last night was "CLUTCHFANS NEEDZ TO KNOW!".

If anyone has a better idea or suggestion, Im fine with putting it there.

18. rockbox

Injuries is one area I have no trust in the Rocket's staff. There have been too many instances where they just don't know what is wrong with the player just to realize later that it was pretty serious. Yao's foot comes to mind.

19. FeaR

FeaR Member

Thanks for the info ... He just wanted some days to rest, Harden/Parsons/Lin/Bev had some weeks with injuries and they rested a little bit more. I don't find so bad that Dwight(with permission from McHale) believed that it would be better not to play against some weak teams. Probably vs Charlotte will be starting.

20. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

As much as I am sure we all appreciate the insight I wish you would of kept this to yourself. I definitely believe you are credible which is why some things are better left unsaid. Regardless thanks for the info let's hope it just stays here in this thread.