1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BBALLBREAKDOWN: How the Heat got the Calls against the Rockets:

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by htwnbandit, Mar 17, 2014.

Tags:
  1. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

am i missing something here? Lebron Holding Lin ,the most obvious no call in the whole game.

2. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I would suggest that someone making such a blanket statement about the youngest team in the league which also happens to be 20 games over .500 is not exactly bursting with intelligence, either.

Short version: stop posting.

3. Honeybager81

Honeybager81 Member

you don't need to discuss that call, it is so obvious a bad no call.

4. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Yea but why didn't Coach Nick bring it up?

5. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

The game against Miami is how the playoffs are going to be. The elite teams are going to clamp down and play aggressive, especially on defense and even more so towards the end of a game. While some want to focus on the officiating while ignoring all the pushes in the back D12 got away with and the fact that Harden had the most fts out of both teams that game, the real problem here is the Rockets' poor half court offensive execution. Houston needs to improve their half court offense, in particular their decision making and execution.

6. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Pretty peeved they missed the Lebron vice grip on Lin that led to a wide open Allen lay up.

7. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I haven't watched any of this guys videos since last year during the playoffs when he mentioned that we wishes he could "work with Parsons on his pump fake"

8. Bogeyfree

Bogeyfree Member

Is Coach Nick a Rockets fan?
    Not sure, Coach Nick is a basketball fundamentalist.

Using NBA footage with different teams, he breaks down the games with freeze frames, arrows, and slow motion to explain the intricate details of what is happening on the court.

Our team is just one of his subject!

9. BonziWellsGOAT

Insert Basketball before IQ and you might have a case. Even though other than the 3 sec violations this season he is actually a very smart defender. Offense is another story. Let's not take shots at him about intelligence because from what I can see he seems like a pretty smart guy, just goofy.

10. Hilarious

Hilarious Member

What i take from this game and also from Coach Nick's breakdown?

Beard better start to share his expertise in how to foul without being noticed to Howard and his expertise to how let the refs know you are being fouled to Lin :p

11. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Cop out

Calls are made all during the game. But the 4th quarter is the most crucial because it decides the outcome of the game more. If a team is down 5, and starts getting phathom calls at the same time getting away with calls. The chances are they will win. How can you miss a hold on a back screen but call every single 3 seconds call? The refs are professionals and know how to affect the outcome of games because ppl like you will post stupid stuff like this:rolleyes:

12. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Wait. Are you saying Parsons doesn't need to work on his pump fake? Don't get me wrong, the actual fake is effective; the problem is most of the time he's so slow to make a move once his defender is in the air. It's not nearly as affective as it could and should be.

13. DreamEarlNolan

The video credits the Heat getting the benefit of 4 calls and the Rockets getting the benefit of 1, but they didn't include the Lebron hold of Lin. That would tilt the scales to 5-1 in benefit of the Heat. They didn't include the flop of Wade as a benefit to the Heat because Howard had his hand on Wade. They both admit that Wade flopped, but they give the refs the benefit of the doubt. If you include the Wade flop as a benefit to Miami the calls go 6-1 down the stretch in favor of the Heat. This doesn't even include the judgement calls of the 3 sec violation and the delay of game. Someone please tell me again how the refs weren't to blame for the Rockets loss against the Heat.

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I think they meant to talk about controversial calls. The LeBron hold on Lin was not controversial. ESPN showed it. JVG mentioned it. End of story.

The 5 calls (non-calls) are ones that could be argued either way and he brought in Nunn to explain why they were the wrong calls. And out of those 5, 4 benefited the Heat.

15. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Lebron watched Nash do that earlier in the season. Thing is Lin needs to get the sand out of his vagina and respond by forcing his way out of that hold. It's doable...

16. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

They failed to put the ball in the basket in the last 4 minutes.

17. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

I guess I missed it, the one where Lebron literally picked up Bev by the waste on his hip at a critical juncture?

forward !

18. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Confirmed rigged game?

19. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

:rolleyes:
    It's obvious this team plays with low IQ a lot of the time and wins mostly on talent a lot of the time (high TOs, poor defensive awareness, poor adjustments from coaching staff at times, etc.) And no, I will not stop posting because you or someone disagrees with me, if you don't like my post, block them.

20. Maikeru

Maikeru Member

The retired ref probably wouldn't want to comment on the Lin hold because it was obviously a missed call. Even the ones where he agrees that the call may be incorrect, he buffers all of the explanations. I guess refs are a very tight bunch. Even though he keeps repeating do not touch the ball, in so many games where the player helps the ref retrieve the ball, there have been no calls. So are all those refs at fault? Even though Nunn does provide some insight as to how some of the fouls should have been called, but other than that...Rockets still got screwed.

Thanks for the video though OP.