1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Bulls 3/13/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 12, 2014.

1. krouchchocolate

I think we are going to lose the Miami game too

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I kind of figured we were due for a let down, expect a loss to Miami too.

DD

3. khyberjones

khyberjones Member

There is little chance that Miami loses to Houston on Sunday. 3 losses in a row in the western conference is fatal to their hopes of getting the #3 seed. 4/5/6 is very fluid between GS, Por and Hou. Imagine a Hou/GS series in round 1. Would be great entertainment.

4. khyberjones

khyberjones Member

He's not starter material. His skills are best used in short bursts...15-20 minutes.

5. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

They have the best record in the NBA in 2014. Losing two in a row on the road does not prove anything.

6. DarkRock

DarkRock Rookie

I am totally disgusted with this loss. We made the Bulls look like a Champion team in which we know they aren't. We might lick Miami's a$$ rather than kick if we play anywhere as we did tonight. I hope this is one of those games you just forgive and forget. It doesn't make me feel good knowing how bad we could play.

7. RollsRoyce

RollsRoyce Member

Team played with no energy, frustrating to watch. It's like they all stayed up at the strip clubs except Lin. And believe me the strip clubs in Chi-town are top notch.

8. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

Most likely a Loss

9. Exel

Exel Member

On offense it looked like he was trying to play it up and impress some of his hometown friends as he was doing things he wouldn't normally do. But then again, the whole team just looked out of sync.

10. Breitbard

Breitbard Contributing Member

Well it's not theory really, just personal opinion. And certainly any team can lose on any given night.

The Rockets have made a significant step up and can now play like championship contenders. But the next step to be a real contender is to add consistency, to not take success for granted. In my opinion they don't have enough time to learn that lesson this year, but I would love to have them prove me wrong in the playoffs.

11. adobo

adobo Member

I do agree that McHale stuffed up with his minute distribution tonight...I had a feeling he thought that the starters were just on a temporary funk during that period and he thought they would get out of it. He was slow to react.

I can forgive him for one game, but it was frustrating to watch. Anyway, move on to the next game. Im very disappointed, but I just hope a different team shows up on Sunday.

12. cindylang95

cindylang95 Member

The coaches have always like Beverly over Lin. Even when he was a starter last year, Beverly will be substituted in for Lin for the right time of minutes regardless if Lin played well not not. If Lin plays better than Beverly, or has the hotter hand, he still put him on the bench and allows him to play his intended and deserved minutes.

13. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Only two things are cheering me up tonight... my wife and highlights of rockets beating Miami, Indiana and Portland.

14. Zergling

Zergling Member

Do you know why that is? Here's a hint: it has nothing to do with Beverley's or Lin's race.

15. FOBolous

FOBolous Member

i'm just glad Portand and GSW all lost recently too. if i could have it my way, i want to keep the standings the exactly the way it is right now. we play Portland in the first round (easy win imo), San Antonio takes out Dallas for us, OKC takes out Memphis, and HOPEFULLY a miracle happens and GSW takes out the Clippers. Dallas, Memphis, and Clippers are all teams Houston has had challenges with. Memphis and Clippers are two teams we seem to matchup bad against and, with how weak our PFs are, i rather us not have to deal with Dirk.

16. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

The Rockets are 23-8 in the year 2014, that is a 74% winning percentage. Since Feb they are 13-4 Breitbard. So please tell me how that's not consistency right there? LOL They are a little bit above .50% against playoff's teams.

17. Andrew Wiggins

I just saw the highlights. DAMN, Dunleavy? REALLY? Bet you his piss doesn't come out clean.

They won't test him though, since he beat the Rockets and all which is cool to everyone outside of Houston.

18. cindylang95

cindylang95 Member

You are absolutely right. When Beverly and lin were on the court in the 4th quarter, I also noticed that Beverly ran the offense and not Lin. Very weird. I guessed it was Mchale's choice.

19. GoooooRockets!

because he's a f***ing dumb ass

sorry, unless someone else has some clues?

20. cindylang95

cindylang95 Member

You are right. I heard that on sports 610 radio. Lol.