1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is something you recently learned/tried/did that you wish you've done a long time ago?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by roxxfan, Mar 11, 2014.

Tags:
  1. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Yoga. Great exercise, feels great afterwards, and lots of talent in the studio.

1 person likes this.
  2. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

4. Dei

Dei Member

That girls really will bait you with sex to make you do favors.

5. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

embracing hedonism, becoming apathetic about everything

6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's hard to say anything specific because I did a lot of stuff when I was younger. I do wish that that I had known more about life in general, had a different attitude about things and was more confident when I was younger. As the saying goes youth is wasted on the young and as I'm older I can see how much things might've been different if I had just had a different outlook.

7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hopefully not about the Rockets though.

8. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

At my age, EVERYTHING! :)

9. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I do that move and drag my foot, and people call travel on me. It's not a travel. It's a continuation. I didn't know it was called a "Eurostep." :cool:

This is somewhat like Patrick Ewing used to do but PE used to put his head down and go around the defender instead. I go STRAIGHT into the basket and drag... I get lots of baskets. You have to set up that drive because they think you will do what you've been doing before you try that late in the game. Nicely done by Harden. No violation. :)

They asked "a long time ago." I only "started" doing that recently. ;)

10. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Finally have gotten around to making my own music after 20 plus years of being a drummer. I've been buying recording/keyboard/Midi gear like it's going outta style. Free at last, thank Dog all mighty Free at last!! :cool:

11. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

gave up on materialism.

learned how to invest.

learned how to take a photograph properly.

12. lean

lean Member

Grow long hair.

13. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

course not. ;] only "serious" everything.

14. mikennite

mikennite Member

Worshiping the based god :)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/vtE3_voC3qU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>)

15. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Discovering the taquerias located inside of gas stations around town. Some of the sweetest old ladies you'd ever meet, and they make some of the most deliciously unhealthy breakfast tacos that cost next to nothing.

16. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I tried a double vibrating **** ring with my squeeze last night. Didn't really do much for me as i couldn't necessarily feel any extra pleasure. Especially when i was going fast.

But she overly enjoyed it, especially when she came. I could tell the difference too by how she erupted off the top of me and started laughing and giggling.

She thought it to be amazing but it didn't much do anything for me but I'm sure it is something we will be doing more often in the future.

17. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Cool stuff... What type of MIDI controller did you go with and what DAW and interface are you using? I had a Korg TR keyboard that I would sequence on before I switched to the PC. I used it as a controller for a while then decided sell it. One of the biggest mistakes I've made. I figured since I was only using it as a controller, and no longer needed its sounds or sequencing capabilities, I could sell it and just roll with a 49-key M Audio controller that I picked up a few years back. Boy was I wrong. Nothing like the feel of a quality keyboard, and my music has suffered because of it.

I use FL Studio as a DAW. So quick and easy to lay down ideas and form tracks into a song. I use the M Audio Fast Track Ultra for my interface. And I switch between a couple of random midi capable keyboards that I’ve acquired over the years as controllers. Also have two KRK Rokit 6 studio monitors, but I’m really lusting for a pair of Rokit 10s that I saw at Guitar Center not long ago. But at > $500 a piece, that’s a pipe dream at best. As far as VSTs, I lean heavily on Gladiator 2, Nexus, NI Session Strings, Miroslav Philharmonik, Sylenth1, and a few others. I also play around with EZ Drummer occasionally. Soon I’ll be going all in and purchasing Native Instruments Komplete, it’s currently $500 so I’m waiting for NI to have a big sale. Last week Guitar Center had NI Elements on sale for $20. I’m also a novice in Pro Tools.

Cool to see someone else on the board into this stuff. I’m a huge nerd when it comes to music production, sound recording, etc… Sorry for the long post, but hopefully other “producers” on here will see it and we can get a thread going.

18. BonziWellsGOAT

[​IMG]

19. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

Well, it was nice knowing ya. That stuff is SUPER dangerous.

20. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Wait, how are you just now learning this? Do you just like posting here but don't actually watch the Rockets?