1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We played a good game...but the calls?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Andre0087, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I worry about the Clippers because we can't stop their explosive offense. We do not play that physical brand of basketball to throw them off their game. We tend to play their brand of basketball and pimp that is not good. Reason being we don't have the fire power. The Clippers bench is deep as he&& and that's were we come up short against them.

2. Gertso

Gertso Member

They called it way too tight but it was at least fair.

3. Dabeezneez

Dabeezneez Member

I don't even see the point about complaining about calls. The refs are not out to get us. I've learned to tune out the refs and just enjoy the game. Durant went loco on us and we couldn't stop him. Just accept it and move on to the next one

4. joesr

joesr Member

After that Portland game, todays call seemed heavenly.

5. Matthieu

Matthieu Member

we did not lose because of refs, KD was unstoppable, period. BUT it seems to me Harden should have at least 4 more FTs as he was fouled 2 times going inside in 2nd half (the dunk "blocked" by ibaka was a foul, i dont remember the other one i just remember i was mad when it happened). but overall nothing the refs did changed the outcome of the game imo

6. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

To be perfectly honest - did people HONESTLY expect us to win this game?

Even with the week we've just had?

The Thunder are the darlings of the NBA. This is Westbrook's first game back against the Rockets. There was no way they were losing this game tonight.

Thankfully the refs got the retribution back for Westbrook out of the way - so it doesn't happen in a potential Game 1 of a playoff series.

7. Geaux Rockets

Geaux Rockets Member

I thought the officiating was gawdawful, but I didn't really think it was ridiculous one-sided. I just wish they'd have let the teams play some more and allowed the game to have some kind of flow.

8. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

HaHa... Westbrook would look like a teen age mutant ninja turtle with the band around his eyes. I could see it.

9. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

The Rockets didn't even play close to a good game. Give OKC some credit for their D, but if the Rockets would have played their regular game they would have won.

10. FeaR

FeaR Member

Refs were bad ... But We lost because of the free throws and Howard... It happens ... I don't take a lot from this game... sooner or later we were gonna lose ... They will be motivated to win Bulls.

11. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I hate it when the refs are blamed.

The Thunder played better than the Rockets plain and simple.

The game was very winnable down the stretch with Westbrook and Durant having good games.

The Rockets can beat them if they play better. Howard has had some terrible games against them.

Keep an eye on James Harden guys.

Had 28 9 and 8. A very Lebronesque night. The guy is a superstar.

12. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

We did play like crap for 3 quarters. But did you watch the game? The officials killed all our momentum and put our best defensive player in foul trouble on a obvious offensive foul on WB. The refs controlled the game after that

13. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

It's not that simple. We played bad, just like we did the Portland game. Had we got screwed by the refs in that game, you'd be yelling & screaming. But since it's OKC and they're considered elite it's, "They're the better team, bla, bla, bla". We played bad, but our best defensive player had to be taken out for a defensive foul that was a CLEAR push off from Westbrook. Then they called the ball out on us when the ball CLEARLY went off Fisher, then turn around and gave OKC a extra second on the shotclock when it should've been a violation. Not to mention the foul on Garcia against Durant where he didn't even touch him, but was rewarded 2 free throws anyway. That's ridiculous:mad:

14. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Rockets didnt play a good game. Refs did not win the game for OKC. Rockets simply did not play their game. They played timid and scared for 3 quarters. They picked it up, but then so did Durant. 2nd quarter's lack of production is what did it for them.

On a bright note, we scored more than 19 points in both halves :rolleyes:

15. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I felt like the game was called evenly enough. The Rockets were playing smart in the first quarter, but they forgot to flip the script and play Rocketball after they played junk yard ball and got in their heads.

16. lr22

lr22 Member

Beverley sucks. period.

17. smr6

smr6 Member

I was at the game, I thought the refs did fine. When you are letting two guys blow past you on defense all game and get into the paint at will there is really only two things to do, either let them have it or take a foul.

We lost the game when we decided to not play the second quarter. Take away that and we win by 5. This team still has trouble against these top teams putting together 4 solid quarters. All it takes is one bad one to lose a game. They made good progress this last week, but then regressed yesterday.

There's still time before playoffs though.

18. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Please try another sport to like besides basketball:(

19. tmacfor35

Stop being a baby about it. The Rockets were out played. I think the Rockets could beat OKC in a series if they play well. Tonight was not there night. Howard was awful. Jones was non-existent, and Parsons played a lousy game defensively. Harden shoots a ton of free throws, get over it.

20. tmacfor35

They can't win every game. Winning in OKC when Westbrook and Durant have superbly efficient games is tough.