1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We played a good game...but the calls?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Andre0087, Mar 11, 2014.

1. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

The call on Bev was suspicious to me. Westbrook flung his arms down when he shot and made all the contact on Bev. Bev shouldn't have jumped and put himself in the situation but that was a bad call. The rest I have no problem with. When you are a superstar you get calls. Played bad all the way round and didn't get embarrassed. I'm ok with that.

2. filamswag

filamswag Rookie

But foreal though **** KD. lmfao i hope he signs with the rockets when his contract expires

3. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I don't know if Beverley actually fouled him or an aggressive blocked. The problem i have with NBA refs is that they're stupid...whenever an offense player fall....they automatically think it's the defender's fault.

4. markusbrutus

markusbrutus Member

Just looking at the box score we lost the game on the 2nd Quarter. We won the 3rd and the 4th quarters, and the 1st quarter was about -2 for us.

I'll take that. We can win a series against them.

5. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

OKC and the Clippers.
    Unless their teams die in plane accidents or get upset, Rockets are done for.
    OKC's interior defense (and perimeter defense) destroys our offensive gameplan.
    Clippers destroy us with Blake Griffin and Chris Paul.

6. qetwr111

qetwr111 Member

OH STFU already. HOU gets more calls than most other teams in the NBA. I'm surprised Harden's head doesn't fall off with all the times he flails his head back as if he's been shot.

What a disgraceful showing.

7. qetwr111

qetwr111 Member

Good lord, you guys are awful

8. noone

noone Rookie

I think it's moreyball crumbles against stiff competition

9. R94

R94 Member

wasn't refs

I'll agree with claiming bad calls towards the Rockets in the Blazer game, but I only had a few issues with calls in this one. Didn't have any in the last few minutes though. OKC simply answered every shot we had and they did what they were supposed to do in the end, make shots. Tough loss, but at least we made it a game.

10. HookemHorns1250

Let's not blame the refs for this one y'all. I, as any fan got upset when I saw some questionable calls being made.

However, to scratch and claw our way back in the middle of a horrendous schedule, and not roll over on the road to one of the top 3 teams in the league, especially with the game Howard had, was incredible to watch.

This is the kind of game that shows me we are ready. We are ready for any team that gets thrown into our direction. Ladies and Gentlemen, get ready for one wild playoff run, because we're going to be there for a while!

Let's Go Rockets!

11. qetwr111

qetwr111 Member

You'd think the Toyota Center would have better crowds with so many homers in the fanbase

1 person likes this.
  12. hollywoodMarine

Hey guys, can someone explain to me in simple terms why it is that we match up so horribly against certain teams? Rockets can beat many good teams, but have so much trouble against the thunder and clippers (among others). I've heard many people talk about match up problems, but so far have not really heard a good explanation why exactly that is.

Someone explain to me in dummy terms? I'm a basketball noob, but I do find this topic very intriguing. :)

13. Pokemon

Pokemon Member

14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Against the Thunder, the difference is their defense.
    Against the Clippers, the difference is their offense.

15. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Durant beat us doe

16. eomor131

eomor131 Member

Our starters didn't play well except Harden.
    That's all.

17. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I though the crew was solid tonight. It was funny listening to the NBATV guys talk about how OKC players feel like they should never be touched. They mentioned how just getting physical with them gets them all rattled up.

18. hollywoodMarine

Yet we've beaten the the pacers, bulls, and warriors, all better defensive teams than the thunder.

And we've beaten the heat and the spurs, both of which are better offensive teams than the clippers (even going 4-0 against the spurs I believe) :confused:

19. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

Yeah I laughed at that cause then they cut to the Thunder announcers that were saying the exact opposite. That was the only bad part of the night. We might not have the best announcers, but they sure are better than OKCs.

20. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

The Thunder missed 7 ft's so that wasn't the reason why we lost either. Our defense on Durant (42 points) and Westbrook (24 points) is what lost us this game.

Howard didn't dominate like we thought he would since Perkins was out.