1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Has your rockets fandom gone down since CSN?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Mar 10, 2014.

Tags:
?

Are you less of a fan?

1. Yes

29 vote(s)
    17.4%
  2. No

138 vote(s)
    82.6%
  1. MONON

MONON Member

I hadn't thought of that. Since Houston & Portland are both at odds with Comcast, The tv ratings for that game should have been pretty close to ZERO!

And for those of you waiting for the comcast/time warner merger, my experience is that they are both at the bottom of the barrel as far as customer service is concerned.

2. cml750

cml750 Member

I have never dealt with Comcast but I admit Time Warner's customer service leaves a lot to be desired. That is the reason I switched to Direct TV, which I love. I will not switch back to cable as my primary service provider but should be able to get one Comcast box with the most basic service that includes CSN-H for one TV. I will get the cable box just during basketball season and will cancel after it is over and get the service again when the next season starts. Of course my wife may have something to say about paying for two different TV services, but that is another story and a battle I plan on winning;). If CSN-H could work out carriage deals it would make this a mute point.

3. Braunatron

Braunatron Member

I'd say I'm more of a fan because of it. I enjoy throwing up a middle finger at comcast every time I stream a game for free. I also look more often for articles and videos because I don't have CSN to fall back on.

4. joesr

joesr Member

Not less of a fan but less of a Les supporter. I haven't been to a game since Comcast got it :( AND I MISS IT But I have still watched all the games.

First year via internet.

This year via "I moved and my new area doesn't have uVerse and my apartment direction isn't facing the correct way for satellite so I was forced to go with Comcast" so now I have Comcast although I am happy in internet speed again.

5. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Can still watch my Rockets on streams, but God I can't wait till Comcast get the hell off my Rockets. I can't wait till I can watch on TV again (outside ESPN/TNT/ABC)

6. conquistador#11

they're on tv more than seinfeld reruns. i don't care if i have to bootleg but nothing will stop me from watching a game. maybe a zombie apocalypse or the sun exploding but that's worst case scenario.

7. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

No, but when the team is playing bad it pisses me off twice as much when my stream is laggy/bad quality.

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Honestly, yes. I don't follow the team as closely as I once did, and not being to watch most of their games on TV is a big reason for that. I'll watch games here and there on the internet, but not as regularly.

9. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

I signed up for Comcast before the season started so I could watch the Rockets.

Problem solved.

10. vator

vator Contributing Member

A true diehard fan finds ways to watch the game. Comcast as an excuse is a crutch. Check your fandom!

11. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Dang, if access to games (tv/radio) warrants a consideration of not being a fan, I'd say you never was one to begin with. Jeez guys, I know there is enough CF'rs here who lived and died by their radio on game night.

1 person likes this.
  12. Loge870

Loge870 Member

a true diehard fan stands up and does not cave into comcast injustice, even when it is done to him by his team. (yes the rox chose this route when they partnered)

as i true diehard i only watch nationally televised games. the rest on my phone through the espn app. if you ask about my fandom, it is unwaivering. i dont need to watch them because its already cemented. if you need to watch to be a fan, you sir are not. #rocketpatriot

13. CowboyJeffR

CowboyJeffR Member

I love this man! If it wasn't for him, I would still be searching crappy streams.

14. mig0s

mig0s Member

I don't live in the States but I always hear you guys complain about this. Can someone give me a summary about this situation? Just a service provider that doesn't cover Rockets game anymore?

15. CowboyJeffR

CowboyJeffR Member

You guys from the Golden Triangle message me if you don't have any better options than First Row Sports. You shouldn't have to suffer through that junk.

I live in Orange, so I feel your pain about being in the black out zone. We can't even get League Pass and watch the game even though were 100 miles from Houston.

16. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

You can just get league pass and set up a VPN.

17. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

if it has you're welcome to join another teams fan base. i've missed like five games since i was 10, i'm not about to let comcast change that. there are plenty of ways to watch the game if you really want to.

18. newAge_Rockets

I'm more of a fan. I watched the entire game on a crappy windows phone by way of espn gamecast last night.Yeah that terrible espn thing where you watch the digital ball clank off virtual baskets. Next year im getting ball stream (because this CSN mess sucks! :) I'm ready for a championship and I know this group of guys is gonna give me one. I also started watching clippers/thunder/any good western conference team hoping they lose so the rockets move up.

19. Panda23

Panda23 Member

does firstrowsports still work?

20. newAge_Rockets

I never saw the rockets win championships (I was 6 months old during the second one) so in hungry