1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is a joke!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Is Jeremy Lin a joke?

1. Yes :)

321 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. No :(

437 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. Clarinetmonster

ooh, ooh where can I get one???:grin:

2. rocketblood713

I bet that poster still stayed to see what was said about him lol

3. Dei

Dei Member

If he is injured, never has an injured turned a player into such a newb. Even Tracy McGrady in his last year didn't make such horrible decisions with the ball.

4. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

How would this even work? This could be marketing genius if done right!

5. meh

meh Contributing Member

Are you implying most Rockets fans here are happy that he's sucking?

I remember GARM being a much more joyous place when Lin was putting up insane efficiency stats early in the year.

6. novaman

novaman Member

Nah- people were still saying he sucked

7. nchan

nchan Member

You bet I am. Wouldn't want to miss the drama. Just expected, you guys are crazy.

8. meh

meh Contributing Member

9. archinkent

archinkent Member

Comparing Lin to T-mac, really? Seriously?

10. Dei

Dei Member

The decision making part. T-Mac, even when injured, still looked like a basketball player.

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lin better produce in the playoffs.

I know lof will make an excuse or stupid Derrick Rose analogy that doesn't make sense.

Well d rose is hurt! (Dumb lof voice)

Everything is a sham unless he does something in the playoffs.

I'm not even talking t mac expectations . I'm talking Chucky Brown or Pete chilcut.

#6251 tinman, Mar 3, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  12. ed_tx

ed_tx Contributing Member

Bev's been playing his butt off so props to him. He's finally hitting shots and that's what he was really struggling with before.

But regarding his passing, it's not that he just doesn't take risky passes, he rarely passes at all for plays that result in scores. It's usually dribble up the court and hand off to harden. If he gets the ball back it's usually just another handoff to someone else (and by handoff I mean a simple pass, rarely in motion).

So yes, it results in low turnovers but it also explains Bev's anemic assist numbers. He doesn't really play point guard and it shows sometimes when the Rockets get in a funk and 10 minutes go by without any real ball movement.

13. jayland

jayland Member

Why oh why did we trade Aaron Brooks. :(

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Jeremy Lin would still be playing over Brooks. Morey said himself that they feel very strongly that Canaan is ready to produce well enough to be given minutes at this point.

Given Lin's contract situation, it would take an uncanny multi-game performance for either Brooks or Canaan to oust Lin in the rotation so they took the opportunity to upgrade a bigger position of need which was a backup to Parsons.

15. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

Here's a comment I hear from Bill a lot when Lin is in the game... "Another turnover... see you just can't afford to make that pass" :mad:

16. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

Also Clyde is pretty pissed at Lin jumping in the air with no where to go.

17. zxcvbn193

zxcvbn193 Member

He is on a slump and I think people put too much preasure on him. He is doing not that bad, it's just our playing style doesn't fit him as he is usually not the ball handler and that's because he makes too many TO's, so he should work on hi shot and defense and run plays when coach McHale let's him.

18. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

It is not just a slump. Slumping does not make a player drive in without a plan and worse yet, pick up his dribble and jump into the air without a plan. That has nothing to do with slumping, just poor decision making or habits. Same with not checking where his feet are before launching a shot when he needs to be shooting a three. Same with all the, honestly inexcusable, turnovers he makes. If it was purely not shooting well or not being health and therefore being slower and unable to jump, I can understand. Most of Lin's issues however are not part of a normal slump but a complete mental breakdown.

19. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

I think it is a combination of bad habits, low basketball IQ, and a slump. This running into the lane and picking up his dribble is horrible IQ and a bad habit. Him continuously shooting 3's with his foot on the line is a bad habit. Stop trying to Force the pass across the court all of the time. Take the safe pass. The slump is him just not being able to make a basket. He has been missing layups, jumpers and 3s (make that long twos). It is just all around terrible play for the past few weeks.

He either needs to man up and stop being a baby and tell himself he can do it or sit down. It is like he over thinks everything and ends up ****ing it up. Just let the game come to you. Stop trying to force the game.

#6259 davidio840, Mar 4, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
  20. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

As is everybody else that has played basketball before. Just a dead end play, its one of the things you are taught at a very elementary level.