1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets going after Granger

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sydeffect, Feb 26, 2014.

1. OremLK

OremLK Member

Big Baby is too fat to play basketball

2. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

If Granger can get back on track for this team, that may be the difference. D12 and Harden does not have enough firepower against the top contenders.

3. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

Neither does Granger. There is a reason why a contender team like Pacers dropped him

4. Andrew Wiggins

i cant believe people still talk like this. the difference from what? we can beat the spurs, warriors, suns, and maaaaaybe the blazers and the grizzlies.

we cant beat the thunder or the clippers (the two teams we are likely to play in the first two rounds).

granger wont help against ibaka or griffin

5. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

That settles it for me. I fold.

Show me one person in the national media who knows of what he speaks, right Broussard, Bucher, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc.

Give me Woj, he just reports. He doesn't bother to tell it like he guesses or makes it up.

6. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Cod,

Do you know of what you speak or are impersonating national basketball media?

Sorry, I'm hoping the former and unfair to drag you into the latter. Apologies...x...

7. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

Get my boy Royce white back pls Morey.

8. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Everyone wants Granger but he has been terrible.

Pacers, a contending team, and one that could use a Granger-like player, got rid of him.

And yet contenders are lining up to sign him?

I am assuming everyone is hoping for a miracle because chances are he is going to continue struggling wherever he goes.

9. Andrew Wiggins

i know youre probably right, but didnt they save money in that trade? werent they in the LT

i get what youre saying, but turner is more useful to them than an injured granger who doesnt look like the player he once was.

10. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Lin - Hamilton - Granger - Jones/Dmo - Asik
    2nd unit would be pretty damn good. You have to admit.

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

For spiteful reasons though. I think they were going to devote a boatload of Knicks articles spread out for weeks with BS about Ewing/Riley building a Knicks dynasty...

12. Andrew Wiggins

we can offer him the most money with the room exception out of all of those teams right?

can we use the room exception for 1 year and still have one in the off-season?

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

1. The Rockets can certainly offer more than the Clippers can. It's a matter of how much Granger values guaranteed $ vs. playing time and other factors.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/...nger-leaning-los-angeles-clippers-sources-say

Per ESPN, the Clippers are in the lead and Granger values "guaranteed playing time" with a contender. Not sure how much Houston can guarantee Granger in terms of minutes. I can certainly see him in a 25-30+ mpg role as SF/PF, but what does "guarantee" mean?

The $ aspect does favor the Rockets, though. The Clips can only offer him a prorated portion of the veteran minimum this season, plus maybe a 2nd season at the minimum and the Rockets can offer the prorated portion of the $2.6M+ room exception and a 2nd season at the room exception amount.

The Rockets can also re-sign Granger this offseason for a higher $ amount than the Clippers can. The Rockets can offer the Non-taxpayer Midlevel excetion and the Clips can only offer the taxpayer midlevel.

2. Granger's own scoring has been way off, but FWIW, the Pacers have played about as well when Granger was on the court vs. when he was off. http://www.82games.com/1314/13IND10.HTM#onoff So, he's probably not screwing up and killing the team even in his compromised state.

14. hooroo

hooroo Member

The Rockets had no answer for defending against Griffin. Players were either not quick enough or not strong enough. Granger would have been a good option.

15. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

You are wrong! Pacers just get a better player by trading Grager.
    It doesn't means they want to get rid of him.

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Rondo
    harden
    Granger
    Jones
    Dwight

17. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Rondo
    harden
    Granger
    Jones
    Dwight

18. rumelian

rumelian Member

This is not NBA 2K mate

19. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Yeap. In 2k we would have Rondo, Harden, Granger, Smith and Dwight.

20. basketballholic

Interesting thing...he's still above 40% in the corners even coming back from this injury. His stroke is still there...smooth as silk. If we could pick him up I think it's worth a try...him or Villanueva if Villanueva breaks free...I'd take a flyer on either of those guys at this point.