1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is a joke!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Is Jeremy Lin a joke?

1. Yes :)

321 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. No :(

437 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. solodolo

solodolo Member

I really hate that +/- argument as well .

2. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Yeah well that's more than some other! I think Ima take a break from Lin related stuff, LOFs who crap on teammates etc are the worst kind of fans, and yes they lit the fire, but some posters have absolutely sunk to their level and below in some cases.

Which one of you needs relo advice pm me

3. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

It's not about Lin vs Beverley!
    Lin has a role, Beverley has a role. Beverley is playing his role well while Lin looks to not even be trying to fill his.
    It's not about Lin vs Beverley.

2 people like this.
  4. Panda23

Panda23 Member

This is why I wanted rondo. Both our pgs aren't good enough.

Out

5. Classic

Classic Member

How about the other question: is Lin a starting point guard on a championship team? That's a much easier answer: No.

Bev is a role player who excels at certain aspects of the game to create synergy within a 5 man unit. Lin excels at absolutely nothing.

6. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

I know he sucked and I don't wana defend him, but Lin is the type of player who plays off confidence and surge. In the 2nd quarter he started playing well but then after than Tjones drop he was benched with like 6 min left to go. I thought McHale should've kept him in there a little longer to maybe help him regain some confidence. Maybe, just maybe, that would have gotten him to play better the rest of the game.

Obviously I'm not blaming his benching for his terrible play, but it seems like even if he makes some positive plays out there he gets benched based on the rotations, and for a guy whose game relies so much on his confidence, it's more likely he won't play well. Not giving an excuse for his ****ty mentality right now, but maybe if he got more minutes he would have more confidence in his game, especially when bev isn't having his hottest game

7. RocketsWin

RocketsWin Member

Ideally Beverly should be our hustle player/backup PG. We need to get rid of Lin and get a Real starting PG. Kinda like the one Morey gave to the Suns.

8. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

In a Rockets uniform Lin is 42-108 from the field against OKC, Miami, and the Clippers; he's 48-132 if you include the OKC playoff series (38.8% and 36.3%).

9. TheresTheDagger

WRONG!

He turns the ball over at a phenomenal rate.

3 people like this.
  10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

11. TheresTheDagger

You're killing me man. Killing me.

12. solodolo

solodolo Member

Bledsoe is injured & phoenix is probably going to try & keep him
    But ya think he would be perfect for this team ?

13. RocketsWin

RocketsWin Member

We could have legitimately won the title this year with Dragic as our starting PG.

14. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Depressing...

15. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Why the hell you compare Goran Dragic to Lin. Nobody doubt Goran is a better player. The reason Morey got rid of Goran is not because he sucks....but because he wants to shuffle the deck. He got rid of literally everybody including Scola and Lowry. So stop posting dumb post and use your logic when making comment.

16. Clarinetmonster

Oh my gosh, I freaking know!!! Not, repeat NOT pitting them against each other - I really want to know if informed bball minds think we can do this (title run) with Bev starting (I know we can't with Lin starting as that has already been established). That's all, honestly.

17. Stats

Stats Member

It's ironic that Jeremy Lin brings out the worst in basketball fans.

18. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

You need them both to fulfill their roles for the title run. Not one or the other. Not one and half the other. Not half of one and half of the other. You need Beverley's relentless D, and you need relentless offense from Lin, which he is not providing now.

19. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

I watched the game. Lin did not play well. But so was Parsons, Harden, Bev. Why the heck you didn't mention Bev had 4 TO and only 5 pts before you bashed Lin? Consistency is a problem for most of the newer players. How consistent is Bev. He had a 20 pg game but since then he had very little offense, even zero assist in the last game. You can't hide his inadequacy on offense by always saying he bring ball pressure intensity. That is nice. But that is not a starting pg do. Yes, the star plays will take care of the offense, or do they? game after game? No, we need the starting pg to be an offensive threat too especially when we play against teams with knock down defense or during play offs. Lin played timid and lack of confidence lately. He deserve some criticism. But so should Bev. We can't win a championship with either of them playing. We need a truely aggressive starting pg with good offensive skills. Look at Collison tonight. He killed us with his offense when CP3 slowed down. Bev can't be counted on to do this. If we are going to criticize, criticize fairly. I like Bev. I like Lin. But they can't lead us to championship the way they are playing now. Both have major flaws in their game to be the starting pg on a contending team.

20. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

All we can do at this point is hope Lin can get his act together. If Morey could get rid of Lin and upgrade he would have by now so we just have to hope for the best. It will be hard to overcome if he continues to play like he's playing currently though.