1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is a joke!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Is Jeremy Lin a joke?

1. Yes :)

321 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. No :(

437 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. TheresTheDagger

Tonight was the final straw for me. I think they should buy him out and be done with the experiment.

We have GOT to find a guy who can get our 2nd unit into the offense when Beverly/Harden are sitting. It can't be Lin.

He stinks.

2. Dei

Dei Member

Watch the game. He's TERRIBLE. Too bad players aren't judged by one good game but by what they consistently bring.

1 person likes this.
  3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Dragic wanted an extra year on his deal and that would have stopped us from being able to sign Howard to a max contract.

4. RocketsWin

RocketsWin Member

Dragic wanted an extra year on his deal and that would have stopped us from being able to sign Howard to a max contract.

How so?

5. Rox11

Rox11 Member

hey lofscan you like umm....leave?

6. Play07

Play07 Member

I agree lins been bad, I ride with Lin but I've stated in the beginning of the season I still don't trust LIN in the playoffs I trust brooks more. Maybe Lin shows up this year time will tell. Just today I replied to a post to someone saying we're Sooooo deep

bev/Lin
    harden/Lin
    parsons/ham
    jones/DMO
    Howard/asik

^^^^ saying these guys will be a problem in playoffs, only one that has hope is Lin but as of now I don't trust him in playoffs and cannan is not the answer either. Brooks could've been solid control the pace.

7. NateNate

NateNate Member

Is Lin eligible for the D league still?

8. Dei

Dei Member

I don't want him to fail. In fact, I want him to play well. But I am really disappointed he sucks this much. His fans have been the worst human beings(?) to ever post here.

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

It's called a salary cap. Google it.

10. SportsWorld

SportsWorld Member

Can someone please tell me what Jeremy Lin does well? He can't shoot, he turns the ball over way too much, he can't play a lick of defense. I can't wait until Jeremy Lin is no longer a Rocket and all these nuthugging Lin fans go away.

11. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Lin sucks. He needs to be more aggressive and stop playing passive. He needs to stop playing as a ****ing facilitator. I am starting to hate the way he play the game now. Stop letting other players school you and stand up for yourself. Remember the super aggressive LIN?? Where the hell did he went?? You can't just bring it ONLY if you want to...you gotta bring every game cuz you haven't proven shyt. I am an LOF and i support him but i am starting to hate him now. Just the way he approach the game and being super passive...i ****ing hated it. Wide open to the lane for a layup and chose to pass it out instead. I think he probably got hurt and bleed so much that he started to play less aggressive. Afraid of being hurt again.

12. Dei

Dei Member

I think not. After two years as a pro, the team needs the player's consent to be sent down there, iirc. Shouldn't be a problem with Lin though. The one thing good about him is that he's a push-over when it comes to helping the team out.

13. khyberjones

khyberjones Member

Do people on this thread understand that Lin's +/- in the game against the Clippers was +2? They took the lead when he was in the game. They stayed in the game when he was on the floor. He actually got into the lane and made a lot of nice dishes (some were not converted). He was going at the defense trying to make stuff happen. Defensively, he had 3 rebs, 2 steals and pretty much handled Collison (which James Harden was unable to do). The reason the Rockets lost the game is because Beverley was overmatched and the Clippers were able to focus on Harden and Parsons and put them into difficult shot attempts. The Clips defense in the paint was unreal, and Lin was one of the few players who was willing to get in there and make stuff happen and move the defense around to get shots.

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lin simply is not consistent. He's not going to last in the NBA if he can't figure out how to handle strong defenses.

15. RocketsWin

RocketsWin Member

Goran Dragic $7,500,000 $7,500,000 $7,500,000 $0 $0 $0

Jeremy Lin $5,225,000 $14,898,938 $0 $0 $0 $0

Lin is making twice as much as Dragc next year bro! Morey failed!

16. NateNate

NateNate Member

haha I was kinda joking but thanks though

17. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

It's a deep funk. He'll bounce out of it. Or maybe he's filming a movie sequel.

[​IMG]

18. Play07

Play07 Member

With getting solid picks every time down the floor like cp3, curry, Conley, Parker, lillard, Calderon etc do he will be just fine

19. Dei

Dei Member

It's been explained a million times before how the +/- isn't a bottom-line determinant whether or not somebody played well. I'm starting to think any defense of Lin using just his +/- stat is just trolling or an idiot.

20. Clarinetmonster

Clutch - honest question - I know Lin's not the answer but do you honestly feel Bev is for a title run? I really want to know an informed opinion.