1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Clippers 2/26/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 26, 2014.

1. SK34

SK34 Member

And 2 years ago, LIn had linsanity.. What happened?

2. FlyingBeagles

FlyingBeagles Member

Craig Ackerman ‏@ca_rockets 10m
    101-93 Clips. Story of this game as it has been vs LAC all year...TO's and points off TO's. 3 losses, 84pts off TO's including 30 tonight.

3. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

Im still trying to figure out why we were able to beat the Clippers last year once without Harden and Howard but we can't win at least 1 out of three against them this year. This is just to hard to gather, does the acquisition of Dr.River better than Harden and Howard combined?

4. SK34

SK34 Member

Check his last 3 games tho..

INjury or not, the man was balling.

5. TheresTheDagger

I'm not sure whether to agree with this or simply laugh.

I guess agree with you. You're right.

Jeremy Lin has NOTHING to do with being a Point Guard.

So much so we are using a guy who was playing in Russia this time last year to start instead.

And say what you want about Beverely.....he isn't a walking turnover and/or defensive liability.

6. afk

afk Member

I'm sorry. I have to say this in the post game GARM. I know Bev can't shutdown the best of them all the time, but tonight... Bev was a non-factor defensively. And Bev knows this (hence those VERY quick fouls in the 4th quarter) He fell for the trap, and all refs had to do was call it. I still don't understand why Bev is still playmaking. If you thought Lin was a disaster with the ball, unless Bev gives it to Dwight, I cringe when Bev drives into the lane (only time I stopped was when I saw Bev was going to run in and pass it to Hamilton for the 3).

Overall, our starters sucked tonight. They got the most minutes, and they SUCKED. I was hoping after watching Hamilton knock down shots and play so well, McHale would stick with the "hot hand" and sit Parsons while sticking with Hamilton. NO. He keeps playing Parsons. Asik is out playing Howard. NO, he put Howard in (McHale has no power of him, so whatever). TJones gets manhandled in the first. Does he get subbed out for Dmo, so that at least we have size? NO. TJone stays and continues to get manhandled and danced around by Blake. Harden? Not his night. Seemed like it at first.

I blame the alcohol for all this up here. Word vomit. Good night everyone.

7. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

no actually I don't. and even if he chews him up and spits him out, so what? he went 23 and 17 on us first game and we lost. then he went 14 and 13 on us and we still lost. whos to say it would have made that much of a difference?

you really thought the twin towers lineup with Bev and off the mark Parsons was a good idea tonight? McHale is like every bad coach out there. He overemphasizes defense when he gets scared (in this case CP3). It's the losers mentality of "lets play not to lose."

8. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

He dooped us all

9. TheresTheDagger

^THIS^

10. Classic

Classic Member

You think harden and Howard played to their ability? You think they set any type of tone in this game? Empty stats tonight. I liked Harden late but he wasn't up for the challenge tonight. Few were.

11. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

His job isn't to get assists. He is not a Chris Paul point guard who handles the ball and finds open players. Beverly's job is to defend and get us into out offense. He kept Paul to 14 points, 5 points less than his scoring average. The team assists were down, but there was a good spread to shots which suggests the offense worked pretty well. Clippers were just better overall.

I think you are just bitter Lin played so little, looked lost while shooting 2/8.

Jones is a second year player, Griffin has been torching everybody.

Lin played poorly and has played like that since the All-Star break, just accept it and move on.

The funny thing is we lost 2 games this month and people like you talk about things that are hurting the team.

12. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Comparing this year's games to last is pointless. Both teams are very different this year.

13. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

Watching the Clippers really highlights the Rockets deficiencies.

Every time down the floor, CP3 would come down and Blake would set hard screens for him. Most of the time multiple screens. This freed him up easily from Bev and gave him wide open jumpers (many he uncharacteristically missed) or good looks for a pass-off.
    Clips run PnRs over and over, with Blake, DJ, Barnes, the whole team sets screens for each other.

Rockets don't do this AT ALL for any of their ball handlers. Harden gets no screens and if he does it's weak half-assed ones. Same goes for Lin. Asik is the only big that is willing and able to set good screens and even then they aren't utilized.

This comes down to coaching philosophy. Rockets have been successful due to the sheer talent of Harden and Howard up to this point, but against elite teams and in the playoffs I don't see it working. I see it resulting much like what happened tonight.

14. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

FG% and 3P% about the same between the two teams. Rebounding 46-42. Assist 19-25, meaning the Clippers moved the ball better than Rox. Our bench did a little better than the Clips, 36-32.

It's their 12 steals and 8 blocks, plus our 20 turnovers that cost us the game.

Harden had 6 TOs, Beverley 4, Howard 3. Our five starters had a total of 16 TOs. The bench had only 4.

15. Githman

Githman Member

Don't understand why the coaches changed a successful formula mixing Bev's and Lin's minutes before the ASB. Understand it must be a headache but the imbalance in play is really obvious now.

16. wolf8grandma

wolf8grandma Rookie

Like they sais b4 the game started Paul hasn't been playing well b4 this game its not Bev

17. N/A

N/A Member

isn't it disturbing people are completely used to that and don't say a word? I mean double standards galore. Keep every single person accountable, not just the easy scapegoats. The whole "play everyone that plays well on court" philosophy only works when it applies to everyone and doesn't exclude the few "stars" on the team.

18. Juxtaposed Jolt

What's your point?

If I had ban power, I'd ban people just like Clippy. You're right, there's too many to name.

But he's neither a Rockets fan (nor Astros nor Texans nor any Houston-based sports.).

So what's the point of Clippy?

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Expert opinion:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Hou vs Clippers was a good game.

I would love to watch that matchup in the playoffs</p>&mdash; Metta World Peace (@MettaWorldPeace) <a href="https://twitter.com/MettaWorldPeace/statuses/438921657315377152">February 27, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

If you watched the game you'd know Paul missed a bunch of WIDE OPEN shots. Even the announcers were making note of it. His bad shooting had nothing to do with Bev, he got brushed off on Blake screens easily all night.