1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is a joke!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Is Jeremy Lin a joke?

1. Yes :)

321 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. No :(

437 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. adobo

adobo Member

2. ben_from_TLV

ben_from_TLV Member

I have to say that i dont get some people here.
    They say Lin is no good. Really?? I think Lin is one of the best in the NBA.
    They say Casspi is no good. Really??? The stat he provides as a Vet-Min-Player is the best for his kind.

I believe some guys over here just like to say NO, BAD, KICK, or any other hate words and dont have positive about anything. we call them TROLLS.
    Some don't really understand the game and some are just promoting other players.

3. adobo

adobo Member

Ben from TLV are you actually trolling right now?

4. Matthieu

Matthieu Member

Lin is not a joke, he's a good guy and a slightly above average nba player, the real joke is we're paying him superstar money to be a 4th/5th option on the team, but there was no way to guess the harden trade and the howard signing at the time, we were supposed to be bad for 3 years and Lin would be averaging like 15/8/5 if he was the go to guy on the awful team we were supposed to be

5. Baruch

Baruch Member

It'd be better if you don't quote his pic and help spread the post.

6. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

He is a hardcore Casspi fan so you should not wonder

On topic,someone should lock this thread,it is insulting and I am sure if someone made a Bev or Harden is a joke thread it would have been locked already.

7. Panda23

Panda23 Member

8.3M a year is not superstar money.

He should be in the 5m-6m range, but we overbid to make sure/generate buzz in a PG-dry market based on Morey's criteria, and the prospect of the lottery for 3 years.

8. archinkent

archinkent Member

I still see the term LOF mentioned again and again, but this season I've rarely many LOFs posting. Even the good ones like torocan hasn't been posting much. The only delusional one at the moment is Doppleganger, who else?

1 person likes this.
  9. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Don't worry it's very easy to get labelled a LOF, just defend a player when he's accused of deliberate attempting to maim a teammate with his face and BANG you're a dirty LOF hahaha

10. archinkent

archinkent Member

Yeah that's what really irks me. I defended Lin in the Harden injury thread and got called a LOF. That term has been overused that it's has lost its true meaning.

11. FeaR

FeaR Member

Everyone has his turn... Lin isn't playing well they(Haters/Trolls) will mock him ... Later when Harden or Beverley have some bad games(knock on wood), some of the delusional Lofs they will start posting again ... it's just natural.

P.S. Believe me, doppelganger isn't the only one but he or she is the most delusional of all.

12. MichaelG281713

It's not just clutchfans. They're all over the place. Especially on twitter.

What they don't realize, is that when they bash and blame the Rox, we have to stand up for our team.

Guy compliments Bev today and the LOF's trashed him. Not even a mention of Lin and they flipped out.

I myself, for religious reasons, was happy we brought in Lin. I still like the guy, but his cult following is beyond overwhelming. If they would back off, I'd like to keep him at a lower price tag when his contract is up. But, considering the NBA is flooded with good PG's, there no reason to have to deal with them. Wherever he goes, they'll ruin it. They don't allow a middle ground even when you politely plea for it.

Hopefully things will change for the better and we can all live in basketball peace.

13. Panda23

Panda23 Member

I have not seen that term used outside of clutchfans.

If you're getting specific, there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with only being a fan of Lin. I wouldn't think anything less of Thomas Robinsons sister or hurl annoymous hate-rep to her if she only cared about how her brother performed and didn't give a **** about Will Barton. You think Lithuanians don't want Dmo to succeed? Australian's don't want Bogut/Mills/Exum to ball out?

The distinction is, when you denigrate Lin's teammates to try and make him look better, this is all the McHales holding Lin back, Harden is so selfish, and basically try to deflect blame when Lin isn't performing well. Obviously real rockets fans want all Lin fan's to end up supporting the team as a whole free from bias, though.

Now in a lot of situations, getting called LOF basically mean's I disagree with your opinion.

"Wow you think Lin didn't try to hurt Harden? LOF"
    "Wow you think 8m isn't that bad a contract? LOF"
    "Wow you think an argument can be made that Lin's a top 15 PG? LOF"

1 person likes this.
  14. Matthieu

Matthieu Member

yes it's terrible, they r bashing all the players on the team every game : Harden is selfish, Parsons too, Beverley is trash blahblahblah...

15. archinkent

archinkent Member

Should their opinion be accounted for though? Are they really considered LOFs if they don't post here? See, I don't even know what that term means anymore.

16. steady

steady Member

Nice post

17. ben_from_TLV

ben_from_TLV Member

Since I am Israeli, i display myself as such and I dont pretend to be someone else, then I am not a troll.
    Also, Lin is not Israeli, i have no biz with him and i dont know the guy in person so no one can say i am troll for Lin. I follow Lin since the Knicks and i just love the guy.

18. shadowmantis

shadowmantis Member

After a long break from basketball, I decided to start watching it again and got really excited about this team. I figured I'd join a forum to talk about it and read the news, but all I see is Lin vs Harden threads. Not a lot of team spirit.

19. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

He is not above average he is below average. He has a PER of 14.22. The average NBA player has about 15. He has some good games and some bad games, but overall he is not worth what the rockets are paying him. Bev happens to be worse, but somehow the team plays well with Bev on the floor despite Bev not really being at good at anything in particular.

20. Razsan

Razsan Member

It's a guide NOT a definitive rank....Paul George is rated 29th and Brook Lopez is 7th.
    And surprisingly a lot of the top ranked guys get to play the position that suits them.