1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[FORMAL WEAR] How many NECKTIES (of any kind) do you have?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SwoLy-D, Jun 22, 2012.

1. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Somewhere in the 25-30 range, but I've got a few butt-ugly ones I'd like to get rid of.

For my birthday earlier this year, a musician friend of mine gave me a necktie that had dancing condoms on it...think I'm gonna keep that one! :grin:

1 person likes this.
  2. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Around 50 or so, I need to get rid of a few.

The person who called a Hermes tie "for older men", lulz. While you named some good designers, Hermes is still my favorite. I don't find them ostentatious whatsoever. Just shop right.

3. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

4. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

yeah, exactly.

it's not like you're buying the one that says "HERMES" in block letters on the front

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

hermes, imo, make the best knots of any tie maker....something about the canvas they use..

i will say though, the pieces they have available in the states are really the ugly stepsisters of the ones they save for their flagship stores in western europe and the far east...

6. Classic

Classic Member

Probably about 30ish
    Only wear one maybe once a month though

7. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Time to bring up the old thread just to show some style. :cool:

I am sporting the "Eldredge" knot today. I'd say I have it down, but a bit more practice should have it looking well by the end of the week.

[​IMG]

I have now lost count of my total amount but I have gathered about 10 more ties since the original post back in 2012. Most have been gifts from friends and family. I love my ties.

1 person likes this.
  8. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

That's a cool knot. Ties recently became a hobby of mine. I like Borrellis, Isaia for their silks and Canali has some interesting prints. But what I like more now are wool/linen ties - Cucinelli has some awesome wool ties. I'm reselling some ties that are redundant in my collection and just posted a Burberry in the clutch classifieds: http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?p=8727299#post8727299

9. thebeardedwon

thebeardedwon Member

10. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

I always pictured you to look like George Lopez.

[​IMG]

11. SwoLy-D

F*** THAT P***! ^ :cool:

I have a clear voice. :p

12. conquistador#11

i have around 30, long are the days when i use to wear a tie just to go to the post office.now they're just for tying up my significant others during sexy times.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I imagine a deep, raspy, seductive voice. One of those goatee voices.

14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Interesting...

I only have about ten ties, wearing maybe one or two per month on average.

I do cherish the ones I have but rarely do I feel like collecting more than that.

15. Pipe

Pipe Contributing Member

Probably around 100, although they are of different widths and styles so only some are in style at any given time. I rarely wear them any more.

One of my favorites is a Rudy Tomjanovich design. Cool story brah. ;)

16. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wear tie daily and have maybe 15 in rotation.

17. SwoLy-D

^ Sounds interesting, Azadre. Please tell me more. Do you use only a few solid color shirts, or are almost all the same? :confused:

I would think that you'd have favorites, but using only 15 has to be a bit redundant in a month, no?

18. Medicine N Music

Medicine N Music Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dude, "only 15"? That's a different one every 15 days. I really don't think people would say "dude...you wore that 14 days ago, bruh".

BTW, I've been buying so many ties left and right. I often retire old ties (throw them away/donate) after buying new ones. I currently have 24 in different colors/patterns/style. Used to buy ties just because they looked good, but found out that I needed to match ties a bit more.

19. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I have around 12 - but I have some old ties I probably need to dump off and replace with new ones. I tend to only wear 6-7 because they go well with the dress shirts I like. I dont need to wear ties at work though - I can but I dont need to

20. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I rarely wear them anymore but I have upwards of 75 to 80. I'm an older guy and have been collecting them over many years and many of them are from long gone eras. Wide ties from the 70's, skinny ties from the 80's, you name it.

(I'm a little bit of a pack rat if you ask my wife and kids...I tend to hang on to everything.)

I have a select few of the nicer ties that I wear now when I need to dress up.