1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Enjoying the season so far?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Marteen, Feb 24, 2014.

1. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Love this team and the season. I think we have a shot at 60 wins and having homecourt until the WCF. That's amazing.

We also have our big man. To me, Rockets are synonymous with elite big men.

1 person likes this.
  2. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Season started off real rough because it was slow-going implementing Dwight as a focal point in the offense. It was starting to like a mismatch with the run and gun system we had last year..just a lot of ugly basketball. We still go through bouts of that every now and then but for the most part it's smoothing out and they're looking way more comfortable with each other. Definitely enjoying it.

3. solid

solid Contributing Member

I am a fan from the when Rudy was a player era; been at this a loooooooong time. From mid nineties (or around when Les bought the team) it has been a long drought. Like one playoff series victory in 13 years or longer. I have written many times that Les bought a championship franchise and turned it into a lottery team. The 2005 team in the Yao/TMac era was fun to watch, and then the Yao team that took the Lakers to seven. Except for those teams there hasn't been much to get excited about until now. Finally, we are in the mix. But we are definitely not where OKC is, hardly a well oiled machine. More like a corvette with three wheels. Potentially powerful but can veer off the road at any moment.

Plus, I am still majorly ticked that Les ruined our Fox SW Sports arrangement, for his ComCast disaster. Two years and still can't see most Rockets game on TV.

#23 solid, Feb 24, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  4. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I'm only 20 years old, so I've only been watching the Rockets since they year before they drafted Yao.

This is the best team I have seen since watching them IMO. 08-09 might have been better if TMac and Yao didn't go down due to injury.

5. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

No. We have a horrible 2nd string PG and my enjoyment of the team's season is predicated on what his fans post on Internet forums.
    /s

It's been an exciting year. We have two superstars in their prime and the best GM in the league. We have enough talent to win a championship, and it's fun watching the young team gel and develop into a championship team.

6. thebeardedwon

thebeardedwon Member

you're damned right I am! this team is awesome. you gotta fear the beard baby! anyone who disrespects these rockets can kiss this ass right here [​IMG]

7. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I'm so glad we signed Dwight but watching him consistently it befuddles the mind how he was ever considered the second best player in the league.

8. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Haha. I'm the same way. Beating sac next will make me feel a little better. But would rather beat them then come back in the 4th and squeak a win like last night

9. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

He's taking a borderline playoff to one of the top 4 teams in the league. If that doesn't constitute being one of the best players in the league, I don't know what does. There are only 3 players in the league that can do that and I'm happy we have one of them.

10. thebeardedwon

thebeardedwon Member

repped. all the dwight haters/pretenders/bandwagoners will kiss this ass at the end of the season mark my words. this ass right here [​IMG]

11. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

The jump from 5th seed to 3rd makes things much better.

12. RocketFire

RocketFire Member

This season is just amazing. Thanks to the beast in the middle. Who said bringing Dwight was a bad move. GTFO.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/wuFd3PZReqo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I have thoroughly enjoyed this season. It seems like two thirds of the league is tanking while the Rockets are building towards a Championship.

Sometimes I think how terrible it must be to be a fan of a team like the Knicks, or the Timberwolves. Teams on a treadmill to nowhere. At least the Rockets aren't stuck in neutral. The Rockets are going places.

14. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

lol I enjoy every season. This season is just more exciting because of the possibilities.

15. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Bah-da da da da...I'm lovin' it!

16. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Yes sir very exciting season 4 sho pimpn.

17. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

Yes. Not so good for my heart.

18. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Im more impressed with Jone's dunks. Jones gets up quickly way above the rim and just torpedoes the ball through the rim with minimal rim contact. Can somebody do a Jones dunk remix?

19. NotChandlerParsons

So far so good. Fun team, guys like eachother. I'm a little frustrated with little things and I don't think we are quite a contender yet but on the whole, it's been an amazing season.

My favorite thing about this season is all the nasty dunks. Haven't seen that in forever as a Rockets fan.