1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Suns 2/23/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 22, 2014.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Clutch Pat!!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/X1edGwnMx6U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. hitmantb

hitmantb Member

Also those of you crying about Lin's inconsistency forgot about Steve Nash's first four seasons.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/592/steve-nash

He could have very easily been benched and left for dead. But he was lucky enough to have a coach who trusted him and allowed him to develop. Heck even the season right before he left Dallas, he wasn't that great, then he found the best coach of all time for a PG and rest was history.

Granted very few teams are willing to build around a point guard. Teams like Spurs/Clippers work because they have strong pick and roll big men. Hope Lin will be lucky.

3. TexasMan

TexasMan Member

4. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I'll agree that we haven't been playing our best ball by any stretch of the imagination, but GS and PHX are only a few games behind us in the standings. To get the "W" in Phoenix and to be a possession away from a win in GS isn't too bad.

5. Karolik

Karolik Member

If thats going to cost us a championship he needs to be let go..Just look at what Hornecek has to work with an d what his results are. You can't honestly tell me coaching doesn't matter in this league. It's literally Dragic + scrubs out there, and Dragic is no Lebron James either. Meanwhile we have Harden + Howard + Parsons who are all better than the Sun's, 2nd, 3rd and 4th best players. You could even argue Beverley is better than their 5th player.

6. wolf8grandma

wolf8grandma Rookie

I just said that but at least your eye test can agree

7. Cypress

Cypress Member

They still pretty much label us as a hick town lol.

8. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

True that bro. I think people just hate on James because of all his whistles. Tonight though, I think this was a win by committee. D12/Jones in the beginning, Lin/Harden kept it under control throughout while Pat was struggling, than Harden/Parson/Bev/DMO all came up huge down the stretch.

I'm just a Rockets fan dude living in Phx so this win tonight and how the team willed their way to win in a close one was sweet. I'm so proud of the team.

9. nomangame

nomangame Member

damn what a close one.:grin:

10. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

FYI, the networks intentionally cut out all the "specific coaching" parts from the broadcast, so as not to give away any strategy. They even made a point to admit this on the air. That's why all the coaches sound like "good job. Good effort. Play harder" when they are mic'ed up.

11. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Dead on with this prediction.

NOT

12. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Lol agreed with you until the last paragraph... wtf

13. wolf8grandma

wolf8grandma Rookie

Parsons hasn't played that great the last 2 games but he play better 2dayed

14. pakattak

pakattak Member

Here's the rub:

There hasn't been a championship team built around a point guard in recent history.

Suns couldn't do it, despite having one of the best point guards in the history of the game.

Rockets are looking for championships.

You want Lin to be a Steve Nash? Or do you want Lin to have a championship ring?

15. drowsy12

drowsy12 Member

Other than SF, I would be curious what other NBA markets hitmanb considers a REAL Asian market.

16. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

People in general(NON-ROCKETS FANS) don't considered Harden clutch because he didn't show up in the NBA finals two years ago. Also most people outside of Houston don't follow the Rockets. They just think Harden is a flopper.

17. wolf8grandma

wolf8grandma Rookie

we have 2 teams we play badly against next sac and clippers hope we destroy them

18. pakattak

pakattak Member

Look at how they play. Dragic is basically super-sayian Lin. Even Jeremy himself compared his game to his in an early interview.

19. bmd

bmd Member

A lot of coaches are like that. They are just trying to get you to settle down. They aren't trying to bombard you with instruction.

And I think that is the best approach with this team, because one thing I notice is that when the Rockets start giving up some points, they start jacking up bad shots and playing out of control on offense because they get flustered that they are losing the lead. And it spirals.

McHale just has to settle them down.

20. Throttle

Throttle Member

they better if they wanna stay in 3rd... nobody wants to play against clips or blazers in d playoffs...