1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bill O'Brien's coaching staff

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Sydeffect, Jan 1, 2014.

1. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Daron Roberts is the guy who was class president at UT before going to Harvard Law. He then caught on as a training camp intern after writing to every NFL team and a bunch of college programs. Interesting story.

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Tania Ganguli
    No OC for the #Texans , but Bill O'Brien said today QB coach George Godsey is going to take some of the traditional OC responsibilities.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yeah, we all know O'Brien is the OC, so who is the HC? Oh, we have a rookie running the draft, the offense and the team. Sweet.

4. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Man, I guess you would have hated hiring Sean Payton, Mike McCarthy, Chip Kelly or Andy Reid as well.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Nah bro, if O'Brien is a good coach I love the hiring. He just hasn't done anything yet to show me he can draft, call plays and manage a team.

6. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Sure, and neither did any of the above coaches... before they actually did it.

I'm going to say if the Rockets or Texans are good this year... I'll follow them. If Manziel is a good QB, I'll say its a good draft pick.

Do you see the issue with the way you're "evaluating" people?

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

No. I don't like the ****ing hire. Especially when you put EVERYTHING on a rookie's plate. But if he turns out to be worth a **** I'll like it. Right now I don't ****ing like the idea of it all.

8. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Ok... thus, you wouldn't have approved of the Saints hiring Sean Payton, or the Packers hiring Mike McCarthy... guys who were rookies with EVERYTHING on their plate.

And both guys ended up winning Super Bowls.

See where I'm going with this?

9. TheGM

TheGM Contributing Member

You're not going anywhere with him. Let it be.