1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Rondo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

If we deal Parsons, Harden will see more time at SF.

2. topfive

topfive CF OG

No nap after making THAT deal. He should be pounding Red Bulls.

3. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Ditto. Can't guard 2s. With Rockets, should be great offensively and okay defensively at 3.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe this year, but they are one of the youngest teams in the NBA, they are set up to contend for many years.

5. thebeastss2

thebeastss2 Member

but lets be honest, naps are sweet.

6. Progs

Progs Member

Cmon Daryl!!!! WE BELIEVE!!!!

7. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

seems like all the complaining about this trade or lack of trades are coming from people with 1 rep bar, not saying its a pattern but i just noticed it tonight

LETS GO GET 9 IN A ROW

8. Thanos

Thanos Member

Someone please give this guy morey's number. Seriously. Like right now.

9. FeaR

FeaR Member

I agree with you not this year,maybe the next year IF they improve and IF we don't have a serious injury but we have only a 3 year championship window.

10. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Not necessarily. If the playoffs started today, we'd be playing Phoenix in Round 1. The Rockets would be heavy favorites. Then in Round 2, we'd either be on the road against San Antonio(we're 3-0 against them) or at home against the Warriors(we're 2-0). I like our chances against either opponent.

11. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

To me, every move Morey makes should be with the mindset of beating the Thunder in a playoff series. Honestly, they're the only team that stands in our way IMO.

12. topfive

topfive CF OG

More likely, Morey's stats define exactly how transcendent a player Rondo is, but they also put a value on that (albeit a very high value), and what the Celts want in return makes the deal too risky. I would imagine that Morey has been working up a sweat trying to decide whether he pulls the trigger on this just to get Rondo in and hope that the personalities mesh.

13. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

Agreed. I like our chances whether we finish at the 2 or 3 seed.

14. hooroo

hooroo Member

I'm more worried about not moving Lin & Asik.

The Rockets aren't putting themselves in the position to make Parsons a restricted free agent. Or turn Lin & Asik into more tradeable assets that may be flipped again in the summer to build up their chances for a guy like Love next season.

Staying pat the Rockets don't have a team they believe can go all the way. I think it was cyberx's(?) reason why they're going after Rondo in the first place.

15. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Aaron Brooks would have had to approve deal. Yesterday said would not but things change when asked.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/statuses/436572352185245696">February 20, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

What changed? He would have known he would get more playing time in Denver yesterday

16. khyberjones

khyberjones Member

The only way this Brooks trade makes any sense is if they're going to move a wing or two in another deal to unload Asik. After all this talk about how they need to upgrade at the PG spot, to remove 1 PG from the rotation without doing anything else would seem a bit puzzling.

17. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Jordan Hamilton isn't AWFUL on D. Been one of the better Nuggets on that end this season.

1 person likes this.
  18. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

I'm not one of those complaining, but how about you not group all "one-rep bar" users together?

Not all of us have time to post 2500 times within 7 1/2 months to get said "rep" that you appear to be so proud of....

3 people like this.
  19. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

We need cyberx!

20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Insiders tend to disappear at the deadline when information can come out quickly that makes them look bad.