1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Rondo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Feb 17, 2014.

1. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

Yes, chill out on your reckless talk.

You said Rondo was a leader on the championship team.

I replied that KG & PP were the leaders.

You reply back with an article dated 01/14 that states rondo is ready to lead a lottery bound team.

lol, good one.

2. jacoby

jacoby Member

Rondo is a champion. He will help us defeat OKC because we cannot do so as currently constructed.

3. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Never a leader of a team with KG and Pierce on it? Really?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ul-pierce-must-save-rondo-less-boston-celtics

4. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

If nobody is having fun that can affect on court performance. If you don't look forward to getting up and going to work in the morning then it effects your work ethic.

5. Gil

Gil Member

You'd think Rondo himself won that 08 Championship with some of the talk on here. He was a non factor during that run, basically the equivalent of Chalmers & Fisher.

The team worsened the more his role increased.

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't be so quick to question H&H like that. Howard wants to win more than anything to get a monkey off his back. Rondo is the type of guy that will b**** even when he's the one at fault. During their championship run when Rondo hadn't done **** he was having friction with Garnett, Allen, and Pierce who were top 10 players at the time.

During a game he actually said something to Kobe that made him go up and shake his finger and even KG (king of trashtalk) had to pull him back. There is a difference between being a winner and being a arrogant douche. I can't say for certain if Rondo is one.

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

The first time we have agreed on something.

James Posey was more integral than Rondo that year.

8. Juxtaposed Jolt

Chemistry is a huge factor in a championship run, though. It's hard to win games when there exists a strong dislike among your teammates.

1 person likes this.
  9. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

Dwight didn't covet Kobe's 5 rings. Why would he start with Rondo's one?

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

"Player X is a winner" is one of the worst arguments anyone could make. Derek Fisher is a "winner" in the same way Rondo is a winner, does that make him a good player? Without the 3 future HOFers on the Celtics would Rondo still be a "winner"?

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The thing that drives me nuts about CyberX is that he always gives information to cover both possibilities.

12. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

13. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

The year they got to the nba finals and were up 3-2 on the lakers and lost game 6 and 7 in L.A... Celtics got screwed over imo. Rondo was great that year for sure.

14. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

guys a pro. Master of the Serbian Jew Double Bluff.

15. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

People seem to forget that all the talk before the Celtics won it all was whether Rondo was a good enough PG to win a championship. We are now hearing the same questions about Beverley. Beverley really hasn't had much of a chance to prove himself honestly. I think the dude fits our system better and plays pretty damn good defense. Why not ride with the young guy in Beverley and make a trade in the offseason if he proves deficient?

Remember, this Dwight/Harden thing is not a 1 off shot at a title. We have a chance over the next 4-5 years and to possibly screw up the balance of the team for a guy coming off an injury who can't shoot actually seems a little ridiculous to me, unless the price is too good to pass up.

16. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

How bout we see for ourselves once he joins 2 more HOFers.

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Do you think we even have this debate if Rondo had Parsons' handsome prince face and Parsons had Rondo's face?

18. TheEarthBlues

TheEarthBlues Member

Take it with a grain of salt:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Rajon Rondo remains unlikely to be traded, will draw &quot;significantly more&quot; suitors this summer, league sources tell <a href="http://t.co/ZMKH64l2PK">http://t.co/ZMKH64l2PK</a>.</p>&mdash; A. Sherrod Blakely (@SherrodbCSN) <a href="https://twitter.com/SherrodbCSN/statuses/436311451704111105">February 20, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

And I mean the tiniest grain you can.

19. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

I'm not necessarily a Rondo fan but I respect the guy and I'm not going to blindly rip him and devalue his accomplishments because someone else says he is a jerk, I don't want my favorite player traded or to win an argument. I'm just telling it the way I see it. To say he's 2nd or 3rd behind Allen (though Allen stunk in the Finals the next time around) doesn't point on the number he put up as he got better. He was a leader on the floor, tough, didn't back down, and put up very good numbers in the playoffs despite being young. He's a winner. He might not be a Rocket but he's going to win where ever he goes whether he's a "jerk" or not.

1 person likes this.
  20. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Isn't he a free agent this summer?