1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Rondo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Feb 17, 2014.

1. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

There is actually a poster in the hangout who talked about this situation this morning. He smartly refused in order to prevent this from happening.

2. Madano

Madano Contributing Member

That is true. It appears that there is a certain point in outgoing salary where you can only take back 125% plus 100k. If Lin and Asik are dealt in the same trade then you can only take back 125% plus 100k. If they are dealt separately then you can take back 150% for each of them.

So i guess it is definitely doable to get both Deng and Rondo, just not in the same trade.

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

Damn, first she throws a table, then she swats one chair away like it's a fly, THEN she catches another chair in mid-air. That's not an obese woman -- it's a superhero!

1 person likes this.
  4. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

haha just a day or two before trade deadline makes me really anxious. My apologies

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

LOL this thread continues to excel

6. allaroundplayer

or Jones because that hurts the team for the upcoming playoffs making including him out of the question.

Asik + Bev + picks is on the table for the Celtics & that is a decent haul for Rondo because Bev is almost a pre-injury Rondo clone defensively.

The Celtics can have Casspi too.

That is the only thing that makes sense for Houston. Nobody is going to give them a better offer & Morey knows how much the Celtics like Asik + it's not like the Rockets are desperate to get Rondo. They will still be a competitive team without him.

7. CuriousG11

CuriousG11 Member

How does the addition of a ball-dominant PG supposed to help a team with an offense run through a ball-dominant SG? It's the same scenario we currently have with Lin. If Lin is being relegated to the bench to accommodate Harden's style of play, how is the team supposed to change its current identity by throwing Rondo into the mix?

Can Rondo become a delegated spot up shooter like Lin when paired with Harden? Will Harden accept a role within the offense as a scorer who moves off the ball? I understand that Rondo is much more experienced in running team offenses when compared to Lin, but I think you are getting a PG with a very similar skill set with an "upgrade" to Rondo.

Your existing problem still persist. You still have a PG who needs the ball in his hands to be effective. You still have a PG who prefers to drive the lane as opposed to spot up shoot. If anything, Lin is already the better shooter. If Rondo is going to run team offense once he joins up, why hasn't McHale done so already with Lin?

8. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Oh Yea? You know this how?

9. koby1868

koby1868 Member

I'm a fan of this. But maybe young instead of turner.

10. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I wouldn't give up Parsons simply because of chemistry and trust.

I know it's a business and at the end of the day wins are what mostly matter, but Morey would really run the risk of taking away any semblance of a family atmosphere that the team has. You want to have a team with some chemistry.

11. allaroundplayer

It's just my educated guess as to what could potentially satisfy both sides. :)

12. rockets13champs

Parsons is too valuable he is the one who got dwight here. Trading parsons would rlly be bad for team chemistry

13. hooroo

hooroo Member

It needs to be Lin instead of Asik. Asik can be easily traded for roster depth which isn't the same as full value.

14. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

DVauthrin has been more wrong than right in the 14 years I've been on here:

[​IMG]

15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

*sigh* Dumba$$ with no sense of humor.

Didn't I see you in Section 408 last November? Cheering for Jeremy Lin and the Clippers?

16. TheEarthBlues

TheEarthBlues Member

Yup, nothing new. I was just forwarding the info cyberx has been posting here to CelticsBlog, since someone from a national outlet (Amico) finally spoke about it.

Chad Ford brought it up too, for the record.

17. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

In the comments at CelticsBlog:

And I thought Rockets fans overvalued their players. Goodness.

18. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

the reactions on twitter are as if it has happened already...idk..im hoping parsons isn't included...but if green is coming we need to trade his ass to cleveland for deng...and sign a back up center...or maybe green/dmo for millsap

19. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i'm loving the idea of replacing parsons with deng if we have to give up parsons for rondo.

dwight, jones, deng, harden, rondo all of a sudden we are a legit top defensive team to go along with possibly being a better offensive team. but do we have enough in outgoing salary to take back rondo at $12M and deng at $14?

can you imagine:

ATL: asik
    HOU: rondo
    BOS: parsons, bev, brand (expiring), cap fodder from ATL to make salaries work, 2014 first from hou and 2014 first from atl.

then...

NYK: lin
    HOU: deng
    CLE: felton, shumpert, metta, garcia, hou first from 2016

then...

CHI: brewer, smith, nyk 2014&2015 second rounders
    HOU: dunleavy

final roster:
    dwight-dmo
    jones-casspi
    deng-dunleavy-covington
    harden-trade fodder
    rondo-brooks-canaan

we'd be thin upfront but we can sign camby or something like that for the minimum. can't wait, 24 hours!!!!

20. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

haha, god. Morey would never take on the Wallace contract.