1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chad Ford] "Knicks would love to get their hands on Jeremy Lin"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Commodore, Feb 18, 2014.

1. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

So much fail in this thread smh

Got people who want to trade lin just so they wont have to deal with his fans on this board. Yeah who cares that we have noone else, who can handle and run the offense, outside of our top player who already plays way too much and is injury prone.

Then we got people saying lin isnt on hardaways level. Because a rookie who cant defend, has no handle, and cant make his teammates better is clearly a better player than lin.

All this under the guise of being "real" rox fans. Laughable

1 person likes this.
  2. dxdx

dxdx Member

win. :cool:

3. theglyde1121

theglyde1121 Member

I say no to this trade for Lin. Lin doesn't want to go back to NY. They are one of the worst teams in the league now.

4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

who cares what lin wants

5. DOLPHIN2k2

DOLPHIN2k2 Member

Aside from Lin, Kincks are also going after Teague, Lowry, and Rondo. Basically they are looking at anyone not named Felton.

6. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

If it makes us better, who cares what Lin wants. Nature of the business man

7. jvu

jvu Member

Knicks cant get Lin. Obviously, they want him for marketing purposes but that ship has already sailed when they didn't offer him a lucrative deal. Should've signed Lin and not Felton. Now they must pay the price!!

8. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

The Knicks are fat bloated contracts, contracts that extend beyond next season and a bunch of smaller deals worth less than $2M each.

In other words, finding a worthwhile combination that comes closes to the $8M Lin is worth for salary matching purposes will be very difficult.

9. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Move along.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p>Clippers and Knicks dissuading deal to send Darren Collison to NY for Iman Shumpert and Raymond Felton.</p>&mdash; Brett Poirier NBA (@BrettNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/BrettNBA/statuses/436190598161510401">February 19, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

The Knicks community has a far higher perception of Lin than the Rockets community.... So much so that a lot of them I know personally adamantly believe he has not been played correctly over here.... That's why some posted trade suggestions seem to have the Knicks giving up too much.

I think the Rockets are in a pickle here. The "poison pill" contract, once deemed a brilliant ploy by Daryl Morey, has come back to haunt the Rockets.... (Not just with Lin, but also with Asik.) Add to that, I truly believe the "layups and threes" strategy of the Rox' offensive philosophy has grossly compromised Lin's performance with this team, further eroding his trade value.....

From the Rockets' perspective, the last thing we want to see is Linsanity resurface with a different team. But the real mistake the Rockets made was going after a player, to a degree of offering a "poison pill" contract, without first investigating whether his game would be compatible with the team's unique offensive philosophy.

Morey would be making the same mistake if he were to go after Rondo.... The Rox need a point guard who can consistently shoot the three ball. But that's not Rondo's forte.

11. hotballa

I've always liked Daren's game. One of those guys who does everything. Only problem is he cant score. Honestly if PBev could get to his level, I'd be good

12. hotballa

well said. Lin's overall game does not mesh well in general with Morey's perceived philosophy nor Harden's game.

13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Are you sure you are watching Darren Collison? Collison can score but not do much else.

14. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

Well said. Indeed...

15. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

it wasnt a mistake... at the time you signed Lin you told him that he would be perfect for your PnR game the Rox were playing, but signed him to a 3 year contract

Idea was to put people in the seats while you tanked until 2015

then Harden came along

and then Howard came, and that changed everything and put you ahead of schedule for your 2015 free agent race

as for Rondo... he is a Point Guard... if he were on this team with Harden...

it should be Harden going back to his natural Shooting Guard position and the one who should be shooting those set 3s

16. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

Looking at the games with Lin in Harden out, I am pretty sure that Linsanity will resurface with another team... so Rockets are in a pretty iffy situation here.

17. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

im starting to think LOFs are totally off with their assessment of Rox fans it isnt hate or god forbid racism...

Im beginning to think Rox fans would also expect Rondo to stand at the 3 point line and shoot 3s while Harden dominates the ball...

18. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

I think this comment is very misleading... the way we ended up with Lin was before the Trade for Harden. It is my view during that time when Houston was going for him and Asik - was the offense would be more taylor made for him. getting Asik was important not only for his D but also for setting screens. I am sure if Harden wasnt here we would see a lot more Pick and roll and the floor would have been spread with shooters.

Case in point - Patterson developed a good 3 ball, parson was on the team. We were only missing a SG that was could run off picks.

This would still have fit in with the Rockets offensive strategy for layups and 3's. Asik is one of the premier Offensive rebounders. It was only after the Harden Trade that the club was saying different things. At first they were apologetic to Lin for cutting him. But when they got Harden, the ran the line that Lin is basically still a rookie.

No one can predict we get harden/howard nor can we expect Lin to preform a certain way. But to say the club shouldnt have gone for a player that didnt fit the strategy is incorrect. He would have fit the strategy but in a different way with a different set of personel.

Right now it is on Lin and the coaches and teammates to find a way to maximize everyone's strength while still fitting the strategy and in my opinion it has been working but there are obvious areas to work on.

19. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

IF Lin is moved, why should we care if "Linsanity" happens all over again? As long as the trade made our team better I can't see how or why we should be upset if Lin does something somewhere else he never would have been able to do here with our personnel. As far as I'm concerned I'd be happy for him if he took off like Lowry and Dragic. Last time I checked were better than either of their teams and I could only imagine we would be better than whatever team Lin went to that he was going Linsane on.

20. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

Also note that my opinion on whether Lin should be traded has changed relative to a few months ago.... There has since been a camaraderie developed between Lin and Pat Beverley.... I now think that Bevs could be the best thing to happen to Lin, in regard to handling adversity.... I think both players really feed off each other.... And breaking that bond with a trade might even have an adverse effect on Beverley....

So while I once thought trading Jeremy Lin would be in the best interest of both Lin and the Rockets, now I'm not so sure.......