1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Rondo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Feb 17, 2014.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I wonder where jtr lies on this whole "Should we trade for Rondo thing". He's been rather cryptic on his stance...

1 person likes this.
  2. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

LOL. Are you going to own up to that comment on Friday?

3. Moonscope

Moonscope Member

How many championships has LeBron won without Wade and Bosh?

4. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

James Harden becomes the new age Paul Pierce. We've finally identified his ceiling

5. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

LOL. OK I deserved that.

6. steady

steady Member

Makes that selfie someone posted last week with Morey and Parsons even more interesting. Guy said he saw them talking outside TC.

7. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

So you just want to debate with everyone? Nobody is that egotistical are they? If you don't agree with cyber, I think you've said it plenty. You're not going to convince everyone of your opinions.

Now if you are trying to get your post count up or get attention, that's a different story. You're doing great at that

8. verysimplejason

But he's talking of Kevin Love and Rondo. Rondo already tasted championship. He won't settle for less. Kevin Love's salary is still on the books till 2015-2016 @ 17M. Tell us how Rockets can afford both...

9. YoMing

YoMing Member

I think most of the people are more worried about trading away Parsons rather than Lin/Asik. The biggest problem with trading Parsons would be the defensive gap at the 3, in which both KD/Lebron both play. But that scenario you played out seemed pretty nice.

10. verysimplejason

At best, Rockets will get either Rondo or Love by end of trade deadline.

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

cyberx,

Any talks about Lowry? ESPN's Amin El Hassan mentioned a while back that Houston had interest in Lowry and Lowry is apparently being discussed in some talks involving NY and maybe ATL according to an ESPN article today.

12. cyberx

cyberx Member

Love has his eyes on LA

13. cyberx

cyberx Member

Lowery was not treated right here... Doubt it.

That's my personal note.

14. Play07

Play07 Member

2/17/14 @spearsNBAyahoo
    "26. Boston Celtics (19-35; last week's ranking: 26): Source said Sacramento offered Isaiah Thomas, Ben McLemore and two picks for Rajon Rondo. Rondo wasn’t interested in re-signing with Sacramento."

This is very important guys, tells you he's on the market but kings wanted to make sure he would resign before they gave up that talent. Rondo said no so DANNY did not do the deal.

Next up is LA like cyberx said, and lakers have to get a 1st for gasol just to make it happen with no young players like we have.

This is good news for the rockets that kings are out the picture and rondo is clearly on the market. Parsons should not have to be involved now.

15. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Rondo won't be guarding anyone decently this year

16. Little General

lol, I see Larsv8 asking questions in the Celtics forum on RealGM. They would never take Parsons for Rondo. Rondo is their ALLSTAR PG. And now they are saying that we are overvaluing our players on this forum.

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Lakers, Clippers, LaMarcus Aldridge or Lousiana?

Anyway, Morey has never really let "a player might not want to come to or stay in Houston" stop him from going after him.

#717 Carl Herrera, Feb 17, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  18. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

Yeah if we had to give up Parsons i'd atleast want Green back to fill that void

19. coffeelover665

the Sac trade was squashed because Rondo didn't want to resign with Sac next year.

20. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Why? We can easily offer Lin or Asik (maybe both) plus D-Mo and our two first rounders.

I'm sure Rondo would like to resign with us if he was traded here. My only worry would be the team chemistry that we'd be tearing apart.

So its basically a question of chemistry vs talent, what would you prefer. Keep in mind this would net us our 3rd star who would make our current players better no matter his position.