1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Rondo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Feb 17, 2014.

1. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

The fact that Parsons name is being talked about means he is going absolutely nowhere. Everyone needs to chill out. The Rockets never do exactly what is thrown out. I don't doubt they're talking about Rondo, but Parsons will not be a part of the deal. I'm sure Ainge asked. He would be stupid not to.

2. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

I think we will get rondo without giving up Parsons. Give them Lin and bev, I'm good with AB shooting lights out off the bench. Make it happen DM

3. zaam

zaam Contributing Member

Dwight went to LA. It was Kobe's team. RR would be coming to Dwight's team.
    Big difference.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

People don't consider how much it would help Dwight. Rondo would be able to pass it into the post with ease and would provide Dwight 4-5 easy buckets a night right at the rim.

5. valorita

valorita Member

I am pretty sure that Morey's daughter would disown Daryl if Chandler gets traded. So relax folks... she-bang is here to stay.

6. YoMing

YoMing Member

I agree 100%. Rondo is also a better defender than Beverly/Lin which benefits us even more. If we thought Hardin/Lin would run a sick Pick and Roll with Dwert, imagine Rondo/Dwight.

1 person likes this.
  7. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Asik+Motiejunas+ Beverly+2014 first. Sign Camby.

1 person likes this.
  8. meh

meh Contributing Member

Random note. If the Celtics wants to trade Rondo, the market isn't as big as one may imagine. Presumably, whoever trades for Rondo is trying to win now and feels confident that he'll re-up in 2015. With that in mind, here's a list I can think of.

Houston
    New York
    Dallas
    Lakers(just to throw it in there)

That's it. Other teams either have crappy teams/cities, or they feel no need to upgrade at PG. For example, will Indiana really trade Hill and future 1sts for Rondo when they have Stephenson's extension coming up? Or Miami given that their big 3 is already eating up massive amount of capspace?

Of those, I can only see Dallas coming up with a reasonable offer. But the Rockets have a much better situation unless Rondo has his eyes on NY/LA and refuse to extend anywhere else.

My point is that if the Celtics are trading Rondo, and Rondo's agent presumably has some input, Rockets are the best possible destination all around. Great team, no taxes, fairly big market. And that the Rockets have no need to give up Parsons.

#588 meh, Feb 17, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Dude, what is it with you?

10. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

If what Cyberex is reporting is correct, and Parsons is somehow being discussed in a Rondo trade, then Morey sold his soul when he acquired Harden/Howard, and now it's time to pay up! If we're trying to get an upgrade at point guard and Parsons has to be sacrificed I would much rather go after Lowery and not a player who is limited on the offensive side! I hope this is an EARLY April fools joke!

In Morey we Trust?????

11. Haharocket

Haharocket Member

The problem is we haven't run that many pnr with Dwight using harden or lin. Is rondo going to change this? Dwight want the ball in the post and granted he been great the last few month but is he willing to accept another pnr player telling him want to do? :confused: if he does and rondo is healthy then it time to roll the dice. :)

12. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

Where do people get information like this from? Do you personally know Rondo?

13. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I do not buy into this mass hysteria s***. IMHO to think that Rondo is worth more than Asik in a trade is absurd. To think that Morey's organization would leak a word of its discussions is beyond belief. To think that someone has insider information to the trade talk details of the Rockets is insane. No one ever predicted the Harden, MM or PP trade. This is all just BS. And believe me I will promote this thread sometime in the future and hold a mourning for the forever lost intellects displayed here.

14. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

The possibility of CP25 being traded away from Houston has just ben debunked!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>“<a href="https://twitter.com/karenmorey4">@karenmorey4</a>: <a href="https://twitter.com/ChandlerParsons">@ChandlerParsons</a> be my valentine” ok:)</p>&mdash; Chandler Parsons (@ChandlerParsons) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChandlerParsons/statuses/433657335634874368">February 12, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

:p:p

No way DM trades away his daughters favorite player!

15. Exiled

Exiled Member

Lin>>> Rondo

Kidding:grin:

16. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Lol.

Cyber, you trolling them right?

30 pages already and counting.

17. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

You seem stressed.

18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Or McHale anything more than a mediocre coach.

19. treeman

treeman Member

In on 30 :)

Two more days and some hours to go...

20. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

So Boston wants 2 1st rounders for Rondo, and we wanted 2 1st rounders for Asik. We'll just call it even. Rondo for Asik/Lin straight up. Or GTFO