1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] The numbers are clear: Patrick Beverley deserves to start over Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 21, 2014.

1. basketballholic

That's not exactly true either. It's a matter of the matchups. Lin is a very decent defender against the majority of shooting guards in the NBA. It's the point guards Lin can't deter defensively and that is what distinguishes Bev.

By contrast, Harden struggles defending 2's but he's much more adequate defending 3's and 4's. That's why if we keep Lin, you're going to see a lot of Bev/Lin/Harden/Dwight/Parsons closing games in the playoffs.

2. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

That sounds interesting. Let's see your case for Lin being a top 10 point guard this season.

3. basketballholic

Well....Rose is out. Nash it out. Lawson's team is in the lottery. Deron Williams....banged up, playing like crap.

1. CP3

2. Curry

3-6 in no particular order
    Damian
    Dragic
    Lowry
    Wall

After that it's a crapshoot, put 'em all in a barrel and pick 'em. But...Lin is near the top of that barrel.

4. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

You guys are unbelievable.

While you guys try to put down the other player, those two are having fun together.

Calling yourself a Rocket fan makes me sick.

5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Jlin is not better than Conley, Harris, Lawson, hill, Parker, Jackson

6. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Agree, but

Devin Harris?

7. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I'd add Teague, Rondo, Holiday, Wall, Irving

So basically Lin right now is not a top 15 PG

8. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

Uhh Parker I definitely agree and undebatable, Conley and Lawson is completely debatable but I'd give them a one up because of defence. I'd even add Rondo to that list. But Harris and Jackson??? Have you ever watched them play? They're not even close in terms of creating plays as to Lin.

9. basketballholic

That's simply your opinion and it would be debated to the cows come home. Which means all those guys are in the barrel with Lin. Except Wall. I named him above. And I'd add Rondo to the list even though he has been dinged for the greater part of this sesaon. But Teague and Holiday? No way. Kyrie? Definitely the superior talent. But his team sux. And his efficiency sux too. And his D doesn't suck, it simply doesn't exist.

10. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

Parker is the only uncontested one here. Three are debatable and one shouldn't be here. We're also somewhat comparing apples to oranges since very few teams use PGs the way this team does.

11. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I watched a few games last night to do an eye test on Lin's defense. I thought I might be too hard on the guy. But, no. I'm not. I watched him start against the Blazers and then the Clippers. He started the game poorly against the Blazers, then Bev came in, then when Lin came back his defense looked much better. He was switching to the wrong man and the jump shooter would be double teamed. He was staying in front of his man, but wasn't active at all. He's just not natural at it so Bev is a nice example for him. Against the Clips? OMG he was awful on defense, hands down, 4 feet back from CP3… so many passing lanes were open.

Harden is a poor defender, but he makes up for it and then some with superior-tops in the league offense. Lin makes up for it, but that's it. This is as a starter.

When Beverly guards PG and Lin is on the court too, Lin is actually a pretty good defender when it comes to playing SG. It's very noticeable. I'm starting to think he's an undersized 2 guard. Totally suitable for 6th man, like Jason Terry.

That's "half-hearted" man. Where's the percentages for the other guy? And where did that stat come from?

All of them play both sides of the ball. What is that worth?

Also, Jackson schools Lin. Watched it last night too.

Better PGs:
    1. Curry
    2. John Wall
    3. Kyrie Irving
    4. Damian Lillard
    5. Kemba Walker
    6. Isaiah Thomas
    7. Ty Lawson
    8. Tony Parker
    9. Kyle Lowry
    10. Jeff Teague
    11. Reggie Jackson
    12. Jameer Nelson
    13. Alec Burks (low turnover guy)
    14. Darren Collison (playing behind CP3 so numbers are down, but he is solid and has been for a while)
    15. Rondo
    16. Russell Westbrook
    17. Patrick Beverly
    18. Mario Chalmers
    19/20. Jeremy Lin/Raymond Felton

Not in the top 15.

He is, however, a great 6th man. Best in the league to my estimation.

Better 6th man list:

1. No one

12. Clarinetmonster

I'm no LOF, but the fact that you have Lin tied with Felton deserves a smh.

13. kmart9419

kmart9419 Contributing Member

Yes. Flashy passing won't get you wins. Can't shoot for ****. Highly overrated.

14. visible

visible Member

Every Knicks fan even LOHs there think Lin is better or not much better than Falton.

15. Clarinetmonster

fixed.

16. conquistador#11

funny thing about that list is that lin has gone off on each one of them, obviously not jackson and cpflop.

17. Nanisteru

Nanisteru Rookie

That is a horrible top 20 pg list. LMAO

18. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

What has jlin done in the playoffs?

19. Sherlock31

Sherlock31 Member

Lol, ppl said LOF are bad, but..........LOH are even worst............

1 person likes this.
  20. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

WOW if you think this way... I don't think I should waste anymore time proving otherwise. The fact that you have him with Raymond Felton is just eye opening. I actually kind of feel bad for you because you would be a horrible person to talk to about anything basketball related.