1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] The numbers are clear: Patrick Beverley deserves to start over Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 21, 2014.

1. langal

langal Contributing Member

Totally. Dwight should come off the bench too. We would have the greatest bench of all time.

2. Breaker

Breaker Member

Are we sure Lin went Lin?

Hands down the dumbest player on this team.

3. Breaker

Breaker Member

Havard

btw I'm Asian too, so no racist

4. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

NUMBERS ARE VERY CLEAR

no way Lin should start he isnt a point guard

5. yummyhawtsauce

u guys need to get a life, great team win

6. MamboRock

MamboRock Member

The skirmish between LOFs and LOFHs is getting more and more stupid and boring by day. Why don't you all dumbasses just get the hell out of here and leave us alone?

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Again, the problem is not Lin it is Harden and Lin play the same style and Harden is better.

You cant play Harden, Lin, and Howard together and succeed in the playoffs, they all turn the ball over too much, you pick two of them and bring the other off the bench to maximize effeciency.

It is not so much Lin, it is the combination of players.

DD

8. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

Lin has been a starter for 25 games this season, and has come off the bench for 28. Even off the bench, he still shares most of his playing time with Harden.

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

We should be happy that the team is making progress as a whole. I always used to feel that Lin should start over Pat because he is a better player, but right now we are doing all right with Lin coming off the bench.

10. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with you but the thing that bothers me the most is Lin tends to lose his dribble in traffic so much. When he's on the second unit, he seems to attack more. I know Bill Worrell kept talking about this last night as well.

11. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

That's because his role is different coming off the bench. He's instant offense as the 6th man. As the starter, he has to get everyone else involved and his scoring opportunities are usually relegated to taking outside shots or pushing the ball in transition(which occasionally leads to those turnovers). And it's pretty clear at this point, Lin is far more comfortable in the 6th man role.

1 person likes this.
  12. qiantom1999

qiantom1999 Rookie

This thread is a waste of life. Who starts between the two has almost zero impact on Rockets winning the game.

13. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Since: January 2014......qiantom1999

[​IMG]

________Interesting_______

14. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Not true.

15. Razsan

Razsan Member

It's true

1 person likes this.
  16. Vpballa916

Vpballa916 Contributing Member

i prefer Lin coming off the bench, anyway. the way he plays, i worry about his body and whether he could handle all that pounding. Lin already tore his meniscus, in just 20 or so games into his career as a knick, and he's supposed to hold up playing that way for an entire season? na, he's best suited to play his game in spurts.

17. chenglug

chenglug Contributing Member

To me, I don't see a clear difference between outcomes from starting Lin or Bev. It may be true this set of number by Clutch (whenever when it was compiled) supported the decision of starting Bev, but I am sure we can find lots of other numbers that go Lin's way. Basketball is complicated and we shouldn't jump to a decision this quickly.

18. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Stats show the Rockets have performed vastly better with Beverley in the starting lineup. It absolutely matters.

To broadly sweep that under the rug is akin to just sticking your head in the sand.

19. Exel

Exel Member

The funny thing is that it doesn't translate to a better win/loss ratio.

With Lin starting, the Rockets are 18-7 for a fantastic .72 win percentage.

With Beverley starting, the Rockets are 23-11 for a great .676 win percentage.

Furthermore, Lin only starts when Harden or Beverley are injured, thus further reducing the bench depth. Would the Rockets have a better record if Lin started and the Rockets had both Harden and Beverley available?

20. qiantom1999

qiantom1999 Rookie

What are you talking about? True Rockets fans don't care about wins. Outperforming the opposing starting lineup is the only meaningful thing.:rolleyes: