1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kobe's amazing O

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by IVFL, May 10, 2003.

Tags:
  1. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

when i get really upset about stuff like that, ill play nba 2k3 and "upgrade" the rockets with magrady, duncan, garnett. ill beat the snot out of the lakers by like 40 and leave feeling a sense of accomplishment and the rage goes away for a while. :D

its quite theraputic. i suggest you all try it.

that or just beat them by 40 with the kings ;p

2. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

I'm good enough at that game to beat them by 50 with Denver on the hardest setting. That's very theraputic. :D

3. bigballerj

bigballerj Member

Since were talking 2k3. Does anyone here play the whole game in full court press and steal inbound passes all day for layups?

4. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Coming off as a whiny b**** is respectable? Ok.

If you are consistent, why don't you start a thread discussing Tim Duncan and his whining as well. Or Sam Cassell.

Obviously your hatred for the Lakers will make you so quick to make an asinine thread.

5. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Objectivity is too much to ask for with some people on this board.

Don't you dare be objective.

6. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

BGM,

surely if the rules of the game were applied to the letter, instead of superstar interpretation, Steve and Mooch would have to dribble properly and adjust to the call as would Yao. It is stupid to say players can't adjust, they call the rules to the letter in college and in international basketball, both of which plenty of NBA players have played or do play in.

why do they even bother with the travelling rule, you could really solve the palming problems if the Travelling rule go the arse, then there would be no need to dribble at all.

If someone commits a foul, it should always be a foul, instead of being dependent on status of the players involved.

7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Objectivity is too much to ask with some people on this board, but they may not be the one's you are thinking of.

8. Band Geek Mobster

Perhaps you guys (IVFL and Smeg) are right about player adjustments to a stricter set of rules...your arguments do have me on the fence on whether a strict adherence to the rules would work in today's NBA. Actually, I do see the players adjusting to a more strict set of rules, I still have difficulty seeing a player getting sent to the line with tenths of a second left on the clock because of a tick-tack foul called by the ref, and from what I'm reading from you guys, that is exactly what you want to see happen if a guy gets a little touch foul at the end of a game. Are you guys for a foul being called on the final play for just a small brush against the player taking the shot? Doesn't that sort of take out the electricity in the game? I guess you guys think that after a few examples are made, then there won't ever be any tick tack fouls in the final seconds of a game?

On the actual topic of Kobe, I'd like to say that every star gets preferential treatment, it's not just a Kobe thing. It's an All-Star thing...

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I agree. If they decide that some call shouldn't be part of the basketball game, then take those rules out. It's pretty hypocritical to have the rule but don't call it on someone or some occasion (like near the end of the game).

10. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

yeah, its fun but it sure does make the game feel less real. i mean the AI is awful. and while were on the topic, why arent barkley or kareem on any of the all decade teams? its annoying and im getting tired of creating yao bc he looks nothing like him. oy great game tho :)

11. IVFL

IVFL Member

There is going to be incedental contact. I understand that, and I can live with it if reffs do swallow thier whistles for a few plays, and let the players play. My problem is when they start doing that 4 minutes into the 1st quarter. Still, if a players shot was affected during the last minute of play it should be called. I have seen instances where Kobe was fouled and nothing was called. I thought to myslef, why didnt they call that. It always goes back to that argument, the refs dont want to decide the game, which I think is lame. The refs job is to enforce the rules. The only reason we realy notice the refs much today is because they fail miserably at enforcing the rules. So they stick out like a sore thumb.

JMHO

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think some calls are just too obvious.
    I think the TIMING of the calls has alot to do with things
    When the Lakers are on a 15-2 run . . .and kobe drives the
    lane for the basket to take the lead finally. . . I doubt seriously
    that a charge would ever be called. .. .

It might in the opening minutes of a game. . . but not after a
    great run [could be a great run stopper]

I hated the Mark Aguirre foul [he bumps u the pull back jumper
    for the 3 pt play . . . ]
    I hate players LOOKING for fouls. . . .[jumping into guys, etc]

Rocket River