1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Marcus Smart loses his mind in Lubbock and shoves a fan.

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by The Cat, Feb 8, 2014.

1. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

It really doesn't matter what the fan said, and I don't doubt that it was something worthy of of ass kicking, you can't do this.

If I have a top 5 pick all I see is a player that will lose his composure when things go poorly.

2. Panda23

Panda23 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Being reported that Jeff Orr said &quot;Go back to Africa&quot; to Marcus Smart</p>&mdash; Eric Rosenthal (@EricSports) <a href="https://twitter.com/EricSports/statuses/432405660211220480">February 9, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

take it for what its worth

3. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

does this idiot realise his team also contains african americans

i bet he is a wolves fan :) (i had to go their)

4. Matthieu

Matthieu Member

if that is really what was said, i hope they will ban this "fan" for some time

5. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

trollololololol :grin:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Even if Marcus Smart had to go back to Africa, that's still much better than Lubbock.</p>&mdash; Joel D. Anderson (@blackink12) <a href="https://twitter.com/blackink12/statuses/432429968199786496">February 9, 2014</a></blockquote>

6. Panda23

Panda23 Member

^never heard of lubbock is it meant to be a ****hole or sthing LOL

7. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Dunno, can't really say since I've never been there, but I'm sure some people here will be able to enlighten you... it's where Texas Tech is located.

Also, from Desmond Mason (former NBA Slam Dunk Champion) who is apparently responding to all tweets (https://twitter.com/dmasonart)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Some things are hard to ignore, BUT no excuses! Deal with your consequences. I was called the N word EVERY game I played in Lubbock!</p>&mdash; D.Mason (@dmasonart) <a href="https://twitter.com/dmasonart/statuses/432413911946493952">February 9, 2014</a></blockquote>

8. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I like Marcus but that was just a bad move and its a bad look for him... no matter what the guy said, he pretty much lost his team that game also.

9. dwnkst72

dwnkst72 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Guy involved in the Smart situation is NOT a fan as HE IS Classless .Saw u tube of him in game vs A&amp;M-still Smart can 't use his hands !</p>&mdash; Dick Vitale (@DickieV) <a href="https://twitter.com/DickieV/statuses/432388784726867968">February 9, 2014</a></blockquote>

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I side with Marcus Smart. I fully support the pushing and/or hitting* of people when they're being dumbass assholes.

*See: Harden allegedly punching dbag in LA.

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

It is. It's getting better, by Lubbock standards, but it's still... Lubbock.

1 person likes this.
  12. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Harden wasn't in the middle of a game.

Unless they come on the court, you can't touch the fans, no matter how much they deserve it. It was a bad decision.

13. King1

King1 Contributing Member

If he made a racist statement then i side with Smart

14. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Harden did that outside the arena in public, didn't he? To me that's different than taking to the stands during a game.

15. Andrew Wiggins

Quit putting the media (who steals **** from twitter and reddit all the time without confirming the sources) on some grand pedestal. Nobody knows what he said, except for the few yokels around him in the stands who paid attention and smart. It was obviously something racial.

I don't think the fan deserves any monetary compensation. I don't think he should be banned from the stadium either, just from the bar. Have the usher keep an eye on him.

16. Andrew Wiggins

Had 1 too many? I agree that he should have entered a stacked draft if maximizing dollars was his goal. Unless he plans on pulling a Royce white or isn't confident in his ability to land many contracts after his rookie deal ends.

What does Lowry have to do with this thread?

If it is Austin or Lubbock then you don't have to guess. Just look at this idiot at the end of the other YouTube video and it's not hard to believe he'd say some ugly things. I can't believe they wrote an article about him and gave him attention. Other idiots might imitate what he does at games to get attention.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The Orr guy is in trouble.

DD

18. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Good for Smart.

19. finsraider

finsraider Member

You guys are hilarious. I bet half of you have never been to Lubbock, or even know that Tech's current and previous coaches are black. Yet according to you, "Lubbock is racist".

I have no idea what was said. There's a rumor he said "overrated" and "sorry about that". The press will run with this racist angle, and then if it comes out that it was really nothing and an athlete that just responded in the heat of the moment, no one will retract statements or apologize for defaming someone before knowing the whole truth.

20. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

If the guy did say the Africa comment then the shove was fully justified. You can't take it there and hide behind the fact that you're just a guy in the stands and he's the athlete. If Marcus didn't shove him the guy can continue to think its alright to talk that kinda trash