1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    GAME 7 ORLANDO vs CLEVELAND. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Suns to celebrate KJ's dunk over Dream....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mattj, Feb 7, 2014.

1. langal

langal Contributing Member

wait. they are just trolling us. move on.

2. forza525

forza525 Member

Remember when the Suns had a parade for LOSING in the finals? Good times.

http://www.nba.com/suns/news/tribune_93finals.html

"So popular were the Suns that — in what might have been an unprecedented show of support in the sports world — an estimated 200,000 fans turned out to honor them at a parade after they’d lost in the Finals."

3. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Seems like a weird thing to celebrate. It meant absolutely nothing in terms of significance in the nba beyond 2 points. It was a great dunk over a great player but there's a lot of great dunks out there. I guess it's more of a testament to how great Hakeem is.

4. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

I get to catch some of the suns pre-game shows here and you should hear what I've heard from Tom Chambers, Eddie Johnson, and Tom Leandro about our team when we face them. I've heard things from, "They're a really bad team: This is really bad, poorly run organization." All this while they'd laugh like clowns.

As for the fans in general, look at that butthurt Suns troll in the game thread. A poor sport that can't even take a beat down like a real man. FYI, that Charles Barkley led Suns squad was arguably the best team they have ever put out and Houston took them down not once, twice LOL.

They can celebrate the dunk (lame as F). We'll just celebrate the championship.

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Impressive dunk but only possible because Hakeem got there a second too late. Give Hakeem credit for making the effort but it's hard to stop someone unless you are there in time. KJ jumped before Hakeem had a chance to get up.

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The Houston Oilers did something similar and they didn't even make it to the Superbowl.

Anything that celebrates and brings back memories from those magical Rocket championship years I will support all the way -- it was one of the greatest in game dunks of all time and the only reason it is so special is because it was over Hakeem.

7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Interesting. Looks like Dream was coming from the other side and was late, therefore caught under the basket. Split second earlier and KJ is eating that ball. Fun play though.

8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I'll be at this game with a couple of impartial 'general NBA' fans wearing my Rockets warmup jacket.

9. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

It would only mean something if the shot had led to something PARADE & RING - like.

10. CHAD444

CHAD444 Contributing Member

I will be there in my Rockets James Harden Jersey... floor seats behind the backboard with my daughter glaring at Chandler Parsons wearing his jersey

1 person likes this.
  11. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

OP must be Matt Thomas.

12. DragonBlade

DragonBlade Member

Tsk, tsk,....posting the ****tiest gif you can find. Here's a much better one so you can truly appreciate the beauty of a 6 ft 1 guard dunking on Hakeem.

[​IMG]

and another angle,

[​IMG]

When was the term posterize invented? Maybe that day?

13. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

The fact that he did it against Dream is why it was so memorable. Not many players got the better of him.

14. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

LMAO! THAT is sooooooooooooooo lame! lmao! Celebrating 1 play! LOL! Not a championship, not a streak, not a really good year/team... 1 play that wasn't even a game winner?!? GG how lame can a team get... just embarrassing....

15. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

Fu** them Pu+0$

16. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Awesome Kenny smith defense.

17. Classic

Classic Member

The Jet. Don't forget.

18. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

I have never cheered as loud as I did when Mario hit that three and Joe Kleine had that stupid look on his face.

I really liked Kevin Johnson, really great player. I think it's a funny promotion for the Rockets coming to town, better than a stupid bobble head. They should have Ralph Sampson night when the Lakers come to town. They should have David Robinson popcorn night when the Spurs come to town.

Does anybody remember when the Jazz were sore of Hakeem's beat down that they started singing "Walk like a Nigerian"?

19. Hmm

Hmm Member

It's Harden-esque...

20. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Honestly, that dunk was not impressive to me then and still not impressive today. So, he scored 2pts. Your team is celebrating a player scoring 2 pts over Hakeem. Rock bottom defined. The End.