1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The benching of Chandler Parsons by the head coach Kevin McHale

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Feb 1, 2014.

1. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

He got the Ed Reed treatment. Now he will understand how these Houston teams work.

2. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Honestly, I see a lot more Roger Ailes style radicalism/extremism than Alinsky in both the CH PP tirade and this response - a short essay loaded with a very interesting way of mixing the politics of personal destruction and ideological language/sloganeering in making up a controversy where there is none. It is all way too serious and religious for a basketball forum.

CH's tirade after the PP trade was as bad as these Lin fans who denigrate the forum and derail very thread. The constant bashing of Bustijunas and constant referencing of PP and taking shots at Morey when it had no place in the thread. It was annoying.

It doesn't invalidate the point regarding Lin's worshippers, who twist any positive news about other players into slights against Lin but swarm to any piece of "evidence" that fits their conspiratorial out looking Lin's strugg-.... aww, nevermind. Everything jumps the shark at some point. This forum had a nice run. You guyz go on back to slinging poo.;)

3. 2016Champions

2016Champions Member

It's easier to hide Harden defensively at the 3, and so that opened up minutes at the 2 for Lin over Parsons.

4. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

Don't you all remember that McHale is racist...........

5. Gumblin

Gumblin Member

I gotta say, you "true" Rocket fans are handling the invasion of the Lin fans (I am one) a lot better than how Jet fans handled Tebow's fans. You guys are much more tolerant than we are.

-- New York Giants fan.

1 person likes this.
  6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Well, this is our second invasion. We had a Chinese Yao Ming invasion, too, but that was more civil, because it didn't involve Knicks fans. :grin:

7. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

8. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Very good JeffB, you are a smart man but Roger Ailes extremism is a fabrication. It was created by radicals writing articles based on the book on Roger Ailes, dividing America. A book written by a Communist Radical, a hired attack dog if you will by the communist radicals over at the NY Times. Which makes Roger Ailes extremism a complete fabrication using the exact tactics written in Sal Alinsky's Rules of Radicals. And has not a thing to do with The Benching of Chandler Parsons. Carl Marx Herrera must be rolling in his grave. :)

9. Old Man Rock

Okay lets get this thread about the benching of Chandler Parsons back on track. Here is a list of most the reasons posted why Chandler Parsons was benched.

McHale must have a high fever.

Chandler got a pass to catch his flight to see his first ever Superbowl match.

The truth is McHale always disliked Parsons, especially after the whole Ashley Sky debacle.

Parsons got wasted friday night and woke up on McHale's lawn.

Probably thinking more about the superbowl tomorrow then the game he gets paid to play

Parsons has learned what you would get when taking shot at the star of the team!

Parsons had no lift tonight. He missed the alley op. Hope he's not injured or something

Parson's head got too big following his record setting half with the 10 3's and "it's a joke I'm not on the U.S team"

McHale conserving Parsons energy for tonight's festivities on Harden's party plane and for an all nighter in NYC.

McHale just didn't want Parsons to embarrass himself anymore with another failed alleyoop

Michael benched parsons because chandler spoke out against harden. Harden cried to Morey who threatened to fire Mchale unless he benched parsons.

Mchale reads the message boards instead of drawing plays during games

Mchale realized that he's been overplaying Parson and gave him a rest

Parson is penalized for speaking out the truth.

Parsons didn't invite Mchale to the Super Bowl that's y he benched him

Morey has instructed Mchale to showcase Lin & Doughnut before trade deadline to build up interest for them.

He got the Ed Reed treatment. Now he will understand how these Houston teams work.

McHale: "I just felt the team played more balanced with Chandler out of the game."

McHale: "players did not follow defensive game plan."

McHale: "...was looking for combinations that would click."

If you notice the last three came straight out of McHale's mouth. Seems he is confused why he benched Parsons.

10. Neped

Neped Member

Who says that on here? I haven't heard that on this forum. That's only said on that radical forum (jerrylin.net) and they are crazies.

11. Jay713

Jay713 Member

Parsons > Harden

12. Neped

Neped Member

I was thinking that too. But if he showcases Lin, he should leave him in the game longer than 29 minutes.

13. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

I can't believe someone actually wrote this. Now it's about minutes too ?

I think actually it should be broken down to seconds and who actually gets in-bound passes. Yeah that's the ticket !

14. Remii

Remii Member

McHale hardly ever benches Parsons no matter how bad he's playing. Retaliation for Parsons running his mouth off about Harden in the media. He'll get his minutes back the next game... Or maybe Lin should start and Parsons should come off the bench.

15. Old Man Rock

Refocus guys. This thread is about the reasoning behind the benching of Chandler Parsons. Pick one from the list or create your own. ;)

16. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

Casspi was playing horrible in the 4th...I was wondering where Parsons was. Casspi has been one of my least favorite Rockets I have remembers for a while.

17. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

thank you.

18. apollo33

apollo33 Member

literally being this big of an idiot

19. vladyx92

vladyx92 Member

I really liked McHale's adjustments last night. Riding the hot hand seems the right thing to do when your team doesn't play with a sense of urgency.

However, I hope that once we get our injured guys back, we'll stick with a consistent 10-man rotation. I think Canaan and Covington should get as much PT as possible in the D-League. That leaves Brewer, Brooks, and Garcia on the outside of your rotation. I believe our full roster is one of the best in the entire NBA. When everyone says the Rockets don't have a bench, they fail to understand we've had a LOT of injuries.

Parsons will be fine. He had a bad game and will bounce back on Wednesday. No drama. He will be a consistent 3rd option in the playoffs.

20. Postcall

Postcall Member

As a Jet fan I can tell you it was not the same situation. Tebow was liked as a Jet we kind of just screwed him over by not playing him. Sanchez was hated by the end of the year and a lot of us wanted to see Tebow start(-anyone but Sanchez) I did not get the feeling that the fans hated him in anyway.