1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 1/29/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Rockets0515

Rockets0515 Member

LOL i saw this happen live and starting cracking up

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Yup, they'd grab those two in a New York minute if they could, in my humble opinion, particularly Parsons. Parsons is turning into more than a "jack of all trades," and Donatas is finally "getting it." The guy was an obvious man to put on Dirk, and thank goodness, not only did he do a good job (IMO), he didn't foul out. Considering how crafty Dirk is, that's an accomplishment not to be ignored.

3. quizone

quizone Member

nice squeezz

4. Neped

Neped Member

Seriously.

5. mingthething

mingthething Member

The standard box-out maneuver. Pinch nipple , then forearm block on chest, then swivel.... WHAT?

6. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Didn't catch this, but I did see P. Bev. jump onto DMO who gave him a big kiss on the cheek while holding him up:eek:

7. edvio

edvio Member

I just feel that unless Lin is being developed to further improve as a PG, then it's putting a round peg into a square hole.

Someone else pointed out that Dwight has more opportunities on offense when Lin is PG. That's a big reason for Lin to play as starter with Dwight. Getting your big guy more involved is a huge plus, especially since Dwight & Lin are so effective in the PnR. Why not milk it?

There are too many ball handlers on this team. Harden is not a PG, but fills that role when he's playing. Yeah he's great at scoring and can dish the ball, but his score first mentality is not what you want for your main ball handler. Parsons at times takes the role of PG, too, since he has some aptitude in dishing the ball (but is really strong when's off the ball). Bev is called to be PG though it's not his strongest role. As someone said, too many ball handlers = chaos.

IMHO, Harden and Lin should start together. That's not to say that Harden should play off the ball. Harden is most effective creating his own shot so he needs the ball a good chunk of the time. But, he has to allow Lin to be PG for the team to take another level. Lin can get everyone involved and not in a Harden way where "you're the second option if I can't score", but the guy who intentionally finds you at the right spot.

But this is all completely hypothetical since our system right now has Bev starting with Harden. Again, in our current starting rotation, we're relying on Harden to be PG & SG all in which means we live and die by Harden. And that simply will not get us very far in the playoffs.

8. Karolik

Karolik Member

I would do DMo for Dirk :grin:

9. solid

solid Contributing Member

The Rockets are about to get some big breaks. Don't play Cleveland until Saturday and then the Suns are coming to town. Big break in between games. Must dispose of the Cavs and then beat down the Suns who are "hot" and chasing us in the standings. Great time to "get well," have extra practice time, and work on a winning streak.