1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2013-14

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

With the recent Kyrie news...

Asik+Lin for Kyrie+Verajao

2. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

So I have two trades that I think will help this team immensely and they both work financially as well. The trades:

Houston In: Lowry and Daye
    Toronto In: Lin, Brewer, protected 2nd Round draft picks

Trade 2:
    Houston In: Hawes
    Philadelpia In: Asik and a draft pick

Why Houston does it: They acquire two players that will make an immediate impact in Hawes and Lowry and another player who they can develop in Daye. They also get out of Asik and Lin's massive deals in 2015.

Why Toronto does it: They get a haul for a player that is likely going to leave in free agency and they get a player in Lin who they can market to their international market.

Why Philadelphia does it: They get a player that they can use while they develop Noel, a draft pick that they can trade or take a player to develop later. All for losing a guy who is entering free agency anyways and is probably going to get a bigger offer from another team.

3. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

4. l4z4rd

l4z4rd Member

Lowry re-united with McHale? Yeah, that should be fun :rolleyes:

5. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=k94vukq

A three way with Toronto & Miami:

Houston
    In - Bosh and Lowry
    Out - Lin , Asik , DMo , Brewer & Garcia.

Miami
    In - Asik , DMo , Garcia
    Out- Bosh

Toronto
    In - Lin , Brewer
    Out - Lowry.

Obviously you have to add draft considerations as further compensation , and its quite possible the Heat ask for T.Jones instead of D.Mo but the $$$ works with either.
    Miami gets a defensive anchor in the middle along with a young 7 footer with lots of potential and likely a first round pick.
    Toronto gets a cash cow in exchange for Lowry in the form of Lin and maybe a second rounder.
    Houston gets their 3rd star & the upgrade they need at the point but gives up flexibility long term .... but can then take care of Parsons tho they would be in the luxury tax for the foreseeable future.

6. da_juice

da_juice Member

I posted this in the Kyrie Irving thread, but what do you guys think of this ? Or something similar, but with us getting Waiters and Bennett going to Philly? My reasoning is below:

Apologies if I've posted this trade before.

7. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Bosh isn't getting traded this year.

More I think about it the more we shoulda done that Boston deal.
    We go small enough that lee would have gotten minutes. He defends and shoots threes. Exactly what we need. Grizz are sure reaping the benefits.

8. OremLK

OremLK Member

I agree Bosh won't be traded this year but we might be able to get him in a sign & trade in the offseason

9. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Would it make too much sense for OKC to trade Russ for Asik and whatever else the Thunder want?</p>&mdash; BBALLBREAKDOWN (@bballSource) <a href="https://twitter.com/bballSource/statuses/429153756526047232">January 31, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

let the rumours begin :)

10. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

You've gotta be kidding me ...

11. Voice of Aus

just to let everyone know, the guy that runs the twitter hanlde and youtube channel is actaully a really smart guy who breaks down different schemes and plays which turn a match, this tweet he admitted was meant to be taken literally as asik for russ but was saying later on that russ needs to learn to change the way he plays.

12. ddub

ddub Member

We need to make a trade with philly. I know philly don't want to win this year but with there young scorers they keep them competitive and keep winning games. I say we trade them asik, dmo , brewer and NY high 2nd round pick we have for hawes and young. It would get them a very good team next year with noel coming back to pair with asik and with 2 first round picks. And for the rockets this year we would have a better balance team with hawes backing up Howard or you can have them in the game together something that didn't work with asik and T Young could be our scorer off the bench that can play the 3 or position

13. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

I know Gallinari is hurt, but maybe Morey would take a swing at it. He can play the 3/4.

Houston IN: Danilo Gallinari, Timofey Mozgov, 2015 1st round pick from Boston (via Clippers)

Boston IN: Omer Asik

Denver IN: Jeff Green, D-Mo, 2014 2nd round pick from Houston (via Knicks)

14. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I always thought gallinari would be great for this team as a stretch 4. But with our team now I'd be too hesitant to trade for a guy who has missed a full season

15. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Is Utah sick of Enes Kanter yet? What's the market like for him?

Asik + Brewer + 2014 second rounder for Kanter + Marvin Williams

Definitely not the type of trade I'd like to see us pull off ideally, but in lieu of a better option presenting itself, this could be a nice calculated gamble.

DM has always been high on Kanter. Granted, his on-court stats are pretty terrible, but at the core of it all is a physical player that has a post game and isn't afraid to bang inside. Obviously, he's extremely raw and still figuring out how to play on this level. And, yes, he would be an expensive bench player. Classic case of: cost vs. benefit. Is his upside and potential to score off of the bench worth the high price tag? Personally, I'd like to see what this kid can do with a change of scenery and with lowered expectations.

As for the other player involved in the deal, Marvin Williams is a solid player that would essentially slide into the Casspi role. Which is fine, since he's a better player and shooter. I used to follow Atlanta very closely and always appreciated Marvin's game. He defends well, is versatile, worked hard over the years to extend the range on his jump shot and can get to the line when he wants to. When you get over the whole CP3 thing, you're left with a good basketball player.

16. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

17. Voice of Aus

Excerpt about us from it

The Houston Rockets send Omer Asik’s and Jeremy Lin’s contracts, along with their 2014 and 2016 first round picks to the Knicks for Carmelo Anthony.
    Why? This gives the Houston Rockets a third star to go along with James Harden and Dwight Howard, something that would be difficult for them to get due to their salary commitments to their current stars. Houston likes to go small and shoot the three, and I think Anthony and Parsons at the three and four fit fine into that formula. The Knicks get two first round picks, but the Rockets also get rid of two very onerous contracts in Asik and Lin. The deal could also put Houston over the top for a legit run at a championship.
    Why not? The Rockets do not like trading away draft picks. James Dolan would be averse to bringing back Jeremy Lin considering how the relationship ended last time around. Anthony and Harden starting at the same time could also be a huge defensive liability.
    Odds: 20:1 I think this is a decent fit for both franchises, in that both achieve their goals. Dolan’s annoyance with Lin, and Daryl Morey’s dislike for trading picks will likely sink it.

18. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

^ Would allow McHale to double the # of plays he has

Iso Harden -> Iso Harden & Iso Melo

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The Knicks can get way better offers than that.

20. Voice of Aus

I would think the offer would have to include some impact players because the Knicks can't just tank the rest of the year in the east, it would have to be some sort of raptors/kings trade of Rudy gay where it seems no one moves foward in the short term