1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone else happy for Lowry and Dragic?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shortfuse3, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

by about 5-7% less

the biggest factor is 2015 free agency where Dragic has that player option...

2. joesr

joesr Member

Happy for Lowry, was sad to see him go. Care less about Dragic :D:D:D

3. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

Absolutely happy for those guys! I generally always root for Rox guys after they move on, and feel a bit of pride that the Rox were smart enough to be part of developing them in the first place, as long as we got some good value when they moved on...

As for the Lin thing -- definitely a fan -- but in terms of the amount he's getting paid -- correct me please if I'm wrong, and not trying to stir things up, but wasn't getting him back more of a Les thing than a Morey thing?

4. Hui

Hui Member

You are absolutely right! I didnt think Dragic was happy in Houston he seem more loyal to the Suns

5. Dentyne

Dentyne Member

Disappointed that Lowry didn't get picked for a reserve spot

6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Ur mother was irrelevant. Dont pretend u watched the rockets back then or even basketball in general before linsanity

1 person likes this.
  7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes we could have a team of Lowry, Dragic, Jones, Scola, Martin and Maybe even Asik. Oh and Parsons.

Actually that's not a bad team.

8. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

Bledsoe is not nearly as ball dominant as James. He and Dragic pretty much share possessions 50-50. Also, Dragic only really started exploding once Bledsoe got injured.

With Harden AND Howard here Dragic would be 3rd option, getting a lot fewer touches as well as little to no pick-and-rolls or screens. He'd be doing better than Lin probably but he wouldn't be doing anything close to what he is in Phoenix.

9. ParsonsBoy

ParsonsBoy Member

Lets be real here. The type of play that McHale is making, is not for PGs.

So even if you get other awesome PGs in the league, they still won't be great in this team.

We already have two superstars.

10. NBAsticker

NBAsticker Member

Mike James was excellent in Tor. But when he came to Houston, he was so,so. The same situation would be for Lowry. If Lowry would had chance to play with Harden, Lowry may be worse than Lin. Lowry needs ball at hand too.

11. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

sad that we let both of those players go. imagine our team with dragic right now. we'd be deadly.

12. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

In all likelihood, he'd be doing what Lin/Bev are doing right now, and things wouldn't be substantially different.

13. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Lowry is playing next to a player with an even higher usage rate than Harden (DeRozan).

14. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

Can't just go by usage rate. DeRozan takes a lot of shots but he plays a traditional shooting guard role. Harden is running the offense which basically marginalizes any PG who plays next to him.

Melo has a usage over 30% but I'd say a PG would have an easier time playing well next to him vs James.

15. forty4487

forty4487 Contributing Member

bold is not your ally. without toronto pick asset, we are missing pieces for harden. i'll take harden over lowry any day.

16. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Who cares. They're gone. Seriously - I could care less.

17. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

I remember when there was still a debate as to who was better between Lowry, Dragic, and Lin. LOL!

1 person likes this.
  18. Zergling

Zergling Member

Yeah because Bledsoe and Harden are the same player and all :confused:

19. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

Would be happier if Lowery was a Rocket. I don't think he'd put up with Harden's crap. He'd probably tell him something like "you play your position and I'll play mind, bro don't worry about the ball you'll get it when I give it to you". Mchale who sht himself:eek:.

20. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

To answer the question, I am happy for them both. :)

ETA: And KLow was robbed.