1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

22 Game win streak ? why did it happen? Challenge current team to do it

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by freddyg956, Jan 30, 2014.

1. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

I agree. Scola & Lowry were my two favorite guys. That Adelman era could've been special

2. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

Defense and toughness. The power forwards, Landry and Scola were junk yard dogs and not p***y stretch 4s.

I still can't believe they took the champs to a game 7 without She-mac and Yao. Yao was beautiful in the series against Portlandia. Yes, I said "BEAUTIFUL", broken foot and all.

3. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

Yes, the current team can do it but they need another year playing together and building their I.D.

NOW, NOW, NOW..... relax and enjoy this year. They don't have to win a championship this year. They have to show potential to compete in a championship.

4. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

They had a fightng spirit in the team, which this current roster lacks.

It will take a few playoff series to develop it... there's nothing like the playoffs that will bring a team together.

5. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Does anyone else remember the ridiculous hops that Landry had before the nagging knee injury and him getting shot. I believe Landry's breakout game that season was against the Pacers, and I remember him dunking on Ike Diogu something serious. Multiple times. That win streak was amazing to watch.

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I remember this Landry incident

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2009/03/carl-landry-discusses-the-shooting/

The Houston Chronicle reports:

“I could have been dead,” Landry said. “The shooter was 10 yards or less away. I’m 6-9 and I had a bright shirt on. I don’t know how he missed, but thank God he did and he hit the lower part of my leg. Yeah, definitely, I could have been dead. And you guys … would be talking about the funeral that you were probably going to go to in a couple of days. I’m blessed and lucky to be alive.”

“I was sideswiped once and turned around,” he said. “Hit me again on the other side. I ran into a big street light. The car was totaled at the time and I knew something was going on, like they were looking for somebody. Both of the guys got out of the car. I tried to plead my case, saying I’m not the guy they were looking for. But immediately they start shooting. The second shot hit me in the left calf.”

“I ran about six blocks. After they fired two shots, one of the guys chased me for about a block. I was able to outrun the shooter and I hid in between a house and a fence. I was so frightened, so I started to knock. I was ringing doorbells like crazy. One person came down and said he was going to call the police. He said he was going to call 911. I saw a cop car drive by about 20 minutes after he said that. I went up to the cop car and they helped me. I feel good just to be alive, blessed at the same time. The situation that happened was really scary. It could have happened to anybody. I’m just happy to be here.”

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Scola + Landry combining to play like a perfect complementary PF duo, Alston playing like a lights out PG, Shane being the ultimate Glue guy, T-Mac giving them direcition and the ability of Adelman to bring the best out in his players.

8. HayesDPOY

HayesDPOY Member

Better than 2007 team? I don't think so.

Healthy Tmac with Heart > Harden
    Healthy Yao > Howard
    Adelman > MacFail
    Team ball: 2007 >> 2014
    Defense: 2007 >>> 2014

I don't see which part of today's team is better.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

What about Lin vs Rafer?
    ;)

10. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

great teamwork led by a great leader: TRACY MCGRADY

11. tinman

Supporting Member

Fixed

12. Zergling

Zergling Member

That team had a competent head coach. It's odd to even imagine this team going on a winning streak. We're doomed to have a crappy loss every few weeks.

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That team if it were healthy would have made a run at the championship - it was an amazing team. I think they would have gone all the way. THink about it - they took the Lakers to 7 games without our 2 superstars!

Them winning 22 in row was not shocking, what's shocking is how fragile Yao and Tmac were.

14. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

those were two significantly different teams tho

15. tinman

Supporting Member

True....

WARIOR!!

16. thebeardedwon

thebeardedwon Member

OP's sports analysis is kind of stupid. It operates under the assumption that talent is numerical. "22 game win streak rockets had a 90 talent score. These rockets have a 92 talent score. Why no 22 game win streak?"

17. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

During the streak, we were unbeaten when we out scored the opposition, so if we can put together a heap of games where we continue to out score our opponents, I believe another win streak can be achieved...we still have Aaron Brooks from that team.

18. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

That team brought it every night, which is hard for a lot of teams to do in the regular season, especially this squad.

Scola, Landry, Battier, Hayes, Mutombo (when Yao got hurt), even Rafer. Those guys played hard and focused every game, but in the Playoffs everybody plays that way, so that consistent effort isn't as big an advantage, which is why that team got bounced in the first round.

While this team often plays with it's head up its a**, they usually show well against the good teams, which I hope bodes well for the playoffs.

19. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I more disagree with the notion that Howard plays hard and brings it day in and day out

20. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

And people say he didn't have heart. 33 and 13 and 22 in a row man, he at least has more heart than freaking tinman.