1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Parsons: Team plays more balanced without Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ind0fo0, Jan 29, 2014.

1. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

Do people understand that he was criticizing the team and himself for just dumping the ball off to Harden? He was basically saying they don't have that crutch there so they have to move it better.

2. Hardensway

Hardensway Member

Does this mean that parsons is going to get traded? Lol. Nah, the golden boy can go 0-40 from the field and still encouraged to shoot.

3. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

It is a fact that Harden still has lots of maturing to do. And no1 can deny that this team NEEDs Harden.

I think Harden just needs to learn how to lead or add more values to help the team wins without dominating the ball. Yes he is the closer and the best player on the team but what separate Melo and MJ is the trust and leadership he still needs to develop.

If he could lead by example such as becoming a two way player, or share the ball more (debatable because he does in fact have the highest ast in the team), this team will be on a whole another level.

Lots of people gets so sensitive with his ISO plays. ISO plays are valid and it is in fact a good offensive scheme if you have one of the best 1on1 play in the league, but he needs to make better decision on those plays and don't take the teammates out of the game or surprise them with a last second pass, or pass to the open teammates when you get double or triple teamed. I like what Harden and Lin did against the Pelicans where Harden set screen for Lin, switch and created mismatch with Austin Rivers, lead to that beautiful step back dagger.

4. Hardensway

Hardensway Member

And both teams suk now

5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think 85%-90% of the time Harden's ISOing isn't a problem at all. Most of the time it is a problem is when he doesn't shoot and instead tries to make an ill advised pass and turns the ball over.

I already mentioned that Harden has problems on offense, and certainly on defense. Fixing those will absolutely help the team.

However, this thread isn't about that. It was about what Chandler said. And nothing Chandlers said addressed any of those problems.

6. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

Ok. Maybe if I do it in bold:

reporter: 6 &2 without James now, your leading scorer. Is it because the ball movement has to be better when he's not out there and you have to work for better shots? Do you know why that is?

parsons: Well, we want him back obviously, for sure. You know, he's one of our best players and can score the ball, but, he's so good sometimes when he goes one on one and we give him the ball a lot. So when he's out its more of a balanced attack, not in a negative way, it's just anyone can go off at any point. We run our sets thoroughly until we get the best shot available. We still do that with him, but it's just, he's not there to go one on one or create other shots for us, so it has to be a balanced attack.

7. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Go root for and over achieving team like the suns or the bulls and watch them get bounced in the 1st round. Every team has an elite player that controls the offense they do nothing different then harden except they don't play with the all mighty prophet Jermey Lin lol.

Some of you trolls need to get over yourself. 18 7 and 7 is a great game for Lin that we prob should have lost I might add but when we beat teams by 10 and harden has 30 7 and 7 I don't see 100 pages in the garm and frankly it disgusting.

8. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

It'd be a comment worth taking seriously if Bill Worrell knew anything about basketball.

9. langal

langal Contributing Member

This happens a lot with ball-dominant wing players. Other players develop a tendency to use that player as a crutch and the ball gets "sticky". Were the other players more pumped up that Harden was out? I am sure some of them were. When you feel that you will have a greater chance to contribute and get involved, you will be more motivated.

10. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

This. Harden is the best player on this squad. How many times have you seen him carry this offense in the 4th when everyone else is throwing bricks. I just wish he played more defense....

11. langal

langal Contributing Member

Harden just needs to improve playing off the ball (so does Lin for that matter). If both guys can improve in that capacity, then sky is the limit.

1 person likes this.
  12. edvio

edvio Member

perhaps, but when you have parsons saying a similar thing, then it's not something you can just blow off.

13. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

FIXED!

14. jms99

jms99 Member

in defense of harden, Harden probably believes he needs to prove that he is the greatest and he probably takes it very personally that he's not in OKC.

That's a perfectly normal response. and he'll improve because of it. but somewhat detrimental.

15. HayesDPOY

HayesDPOY Member

Parsons is telling the truth.
    Without Harden we are not a better team, but we play better team ball.
    Again, it is not Harden's problem. It is the Coach's problem.

16. jms99

jms99 Member

it's partially Harden's problem.

17. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

They are not doing too well lately, LOL. If these guys are the only options, they get blanketed & doubled to force them shoot low % ball.

18. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Man look here everybody views and interpretation on certain things are different. Neither views are wrong or right. My thing is statements likes this could go in the wrong way. One example: Kobe decided to teach his team a lesson when jokers started complaining about him shooting too much. This was against the Suns in the playoffs. Not saying Harden would act in such manner. But they have been complaining about Harden's performance quite a bit this season. Another example a lot of jokers didn't want to play with Jordan because of his All me mentality. The locker room was divided, players complained all the times.

19. jms99

jms99 Member

i don't understand how their team was more depleted than our team last games.

20. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

That mediocre Mavs team probably caused a dozen heart attacks here last night.