1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How long will the Lin/Bev rollercoaster rage on

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BonziWellsGOAT, Jan 30, 2014.

?

Will the Lin/Bev game to game kneejerks end?

Poll closed Mar 1, 2014.
  1. Yes, as long as we win

37 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. No, not until one is off the team

86 vote(s)
    46.5%
  3. Not until the Sun burns out and life on Earth dies.

62 vote(s)
    33.5%
  1. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

LOL Lin is still a mediocre PG in this league and yet he gets superstar treatment and unnecessary superstar attention. It's mainly because he is Asian (Asian American) and it's rare to see a player of Asian heritage make it big in the NBA. I don't expect things to change much because his only fans believe he is a top 5 PG and that the Rockets are holding him back.

2. TheJet

TheJet Member

Thank you. I would have won a beer.

You cannot deny race plays a factor. That's like saying Tim Tebow had a huge following because he was a great player. Religion wasn't a factor. Be honest.

3. BonziWellsGOAT

True true....spirits cautiously lifted lol

4. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

Damn man, why are we crutching on "mediocre PG"? Either someone's a fool or he's not as bad as you think he is. Hater

1 person likes this.
  5. warbirdzone

warbirdzone Contributing Member

If there was no Beverly, there will be another PG Vs Lin rollercoaster as long as Lin is on the team. Because this coaching staff jus not a big fan of Lin's skills. They probably don't think he is a good fit with this team like many fans here also.

6. BonziWellsGOAT

How I see the people on the GARM that get heated over this stuff:

[​IMG]

7. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

How long will the Lin/Bev roller coaster rage on???

[​IMG]

It will stop when this ride stops...:(

8. chandlerbang21

If Lin was black or white these LOF scrubs wouldn't be here

1 person likes this.
  9. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Hater? How old are you kid? Once again what is with the juvenile name calling?

Look there are 30 starting PG's in the NBA. I rate them as follows:

1-6: Elite
    6-12: Great
    12-15: Good / Above average
    15-18: Average / Mediocre
    18-24: Below average
    24-30: Poor

Lin is in the 15-18 range IMO and that is being generous. You may have a different opinion but that is fine.

10. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

Yeah, Lin's not a good fit, unless Harden's out... in which case he becomes everything.

11. BonziWellsGOAT

Yeah their skills do clash.....the biggest reason he doesnt fit in the starting lineup (With Harden) is his inconsistent shooting. I know thats been said before a million times but its true. IMO he is a great 6th man if he can stay aggressive.

12. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

That's an interesting rating system, valid descriptions probably, although any NBA player could technically be considered good just by the mere fact of making in the NBA and starting. But going with your rating system, would you mind naming the PGs in each section please? Oh, and where would Bev fit since he is actually starting for us right now as well. But I would like to know exactly where between 15 and 18 you rank Lin, along with who you put above and below him. Thanks.

13. BonziWellsGOAT

I'm pretty sure he meant good within the vacuum of the NBA.....Every NBA player is great compared to some schmoe down at the park playing pick up games on Saturday afternoon

14. Elmhurst NY

Elmhurst NY Member

Yes, the attention he gets is because he's Asian but that is also why he did not receive a scholarship or roster spot in the NBA.
    And I don't agree that Lin's story is just one of countless success stories in the NBA.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. BonziWellsGOAT

I beg to differ...there have been other players denied those things due to various reasons and they dont have semi-religious followings like Lin does.

16. Toonrox

Toonrox Member

Whether Lin starts or not does not matter. I think Lin is the kind of person who need a clearly defined role. In the beginning of the season before the injuries, Lin was given the green light to attack whenever possible and he performed beyond expectations. So well in fact, there was even a thread talking about a 90/50/40 season.

Recently, except for the last couple of games, Lin seem to be lost at sea. He is not attacking and every time he touches the ball, he is tentative and show no confidence in his shot. Hopefully once Harden comes back, Lin can go back to his original role and given the green light to attack the basket.

17. FANfrom86toNow

I didn't even know these stats. Impressive! You crushed it here with truth on both fronts.

1 person likes this.
  18. BonziWellsGOAT

Clutchfans: Where truth and nothing but the truth happens.

19. FANfrom86toNow

I think what he means is that there has been NO one in NBA history that has done what Lin did, that has been denied those things. Clearly the stats(facts) put Lin in a category by himself on that front to also have the other things attached to his career. As he admitted to, sure him being Asian has a ton of Asians fans routing for him, nothing wrong with that. Same goes for his religious fans. But they are not only routing for him because he is Asian and religious, but because he has done things that no other player in NBA history has done and accomplished from the position that he started from. That is a fact.

20. BonziWellsGOAT

I dont have a problem with people rooting for him because he is Asian American, Im all for that. People have a right to feel proud, and when I said semi-religious following I didnt mean because he is religious I was referring to the way his more fervent fans revere him.