1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 1/29/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 29, 2014.

1. roxfan4life00

roxfan4life00 Member

Who said that? I said the Rockets played better team defense and Ellis had a bad shooting night and was in foul trouble. Calderon also played bad too because our team defense was great tonight.

2. dxdx

dxdx Member

yea, well, it is his mum. LOF by default :p

3. calcium

calcium Member

Dude... you have to write more clearly.

I read it like Rox23 and Crunchyball did, ie. you were
    implying that Ellis would have had a bad night regardless.

4. baki

baki Member

Some people are just haters.

It's like playing on the same team with someone who wants to control the team's offense because he doesn't like his teammates.

5. yummyhawtsauce

would hit?

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Lin slowed Ellis down a lot.

7. mig0s

mig0s Member

i missed the game guys but can someone tell me why Dwight wasn't in the last defensive play??? And why was Jeremy guarding Dirk?

8. baki

baki Member

Lin played great tonight. Again, not enough credit to him from CFs or from the NBA highlights and I wouldn't have known how much he contributed if it wasn't for the Lin-specific highlights, great job!

Parsons deserves a better contract. He only scored 6 points in 37 minutes against the Spurs, which is terrible by his standards after coming off a shooting high 2 games ago, but he is a good all-round player, more valuable to me than Melo for sure.

Howard played OK and did a good job on the free-throw line for once but he got outplayed by Norwitzki completely, 17 rebounds to 5. Howard should be embarrassed that he got outrebounded by a shooter.
    He is still a liability when the game is on the line and the other team is looking to foul, which might explain why he wasn't on the floor in the last few seconds. Jones played great, looking forward to seeing him attack more at both ends.

Beverley had the worst +/- with -9 and it's still difficult to see how much he can contribute to the team now that we can see both Lin and Bev play on equal footing (ie. no Harden). I do think we need him somehow to bug the hell out of some starting guards like CPaul, Bledsoe, Irving, Wade, Westbrook and Rose to name a few. Those are the real tests and will help take some pressure off Lin's back.

9. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

You are seriously one of the worst posters on this board.

10. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

11. Internazionale

Because he trying (so...harrrrrrd) to make everybody hate Lin in term of LOF. But those kind of ppl can't fool me, I see you, bro

12. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

Give it a rest will ya. Rox win, everyone, Bev, Lin, Parsons, DMo, DHo, etc. all contributed.

13. Crunchyball

Crunchyball Rookie

Bev hit some nice 3s dished out from none other than...

14. Akkuron

Akkuron Member

How would Lin/Ellis be that much different than Jennings/Ellis or Lin/Harden for either player's production? Same issues would arise. Lin needs a team with spot-up wings (maybe good cutters as well) and a strong front-court, maybe with a star-player among the bigs. The problem is that almost any ball dominant guard in the NBA would thrive in a situation like that. Look at Isaiah Thomas in Sacramento with Boogie or Jennings in Detroit with Drummond/Monroe/Smoove. Both are having better years than Lin individually, but their teams suck.

Is that what you want for Lin? Higher career averages in a perennially mediocre team? Otherwise, are you 100% certain that Lin is good enough and consistent enough to be another team's Parker/CP3? Let me remind you that neither of those guys went from mediocrity to their current status by magically convincing people to take a gamble and build a team around them for no apparent reason. CP3 was dominant in any situation he found himself in and Parker got there by patiently growing within a team where he wasn't the centerpiece. Lin obviously isn't doing the first one and you don't want him to do the second one either, so how exactly do you expect him to grow into a star player? Nobody's gonna hand Jeremy a contender and give him reign and usage over their current stars.

15. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

When he's out, we have a more balanced attack. We run our sets and get the best shot available. When he's not there, we don't go one on one as much.

Parson,

Shots fired

16. conquistador#11

lin went up to mchale and said coach let me guard dirk. I can take him.
    and take him he did, he held dirk to 3 fgs made on 4 attempts:p

17. BonziWellsGOAT

Overall feeling after the game

[​IMG]

18. mag

mag Contributing Member

Overall very good team effort.

DMo played very well and he is filling one of TJones deficiencies. TJones is not very good guarding big PF and DMo seems to be doing a good job.

I liked the ball movement and hopefully we can improve on this when Harden is back!!

19. jamphus

jamphus Member

can't agree with you more
    :cool:

20. edvio

edvio Member

Exactly. Lin is completely ineffective as a SG. He's only effective when he's at PG. Why is he being used as a SG? Makes no sense!!!!