1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[from 2014]The return of Kyle Lowry?? Espn article

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 45souf, Jan 28, 2014.

1. zman2002

zman2002 Member

It will never happen.

2. neostars

neostars Member

I love Lin to leave houston. Look at the ex rockets pg who left lowry and dragic all red hot on their respective teams.

3. neostars

neostars Member

And pls stop with fire mchale, eventhough his c
    oaching appears suss, rockets still have very good record so he not going anywhere

4. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

You can't trade Jeremy Lin. He's Asian.

5. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Right. And look at Skip To My Lou and Aaron Brooks. They all shining like stars. Wait, do you even know who Skip is? No google pls.

6. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Lowry and Dragic are red hot because they are that good. If Lin is traded, he very possibly may do well on the new team. But it has nothing to do with being an ex-rox pg.

On the other hand, rox do seem to be able to consistently identify good pgs. Makes me look forward to Cannon's play.

7. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

No thanks to Loudmouth Lowry.

Honestly, I've never seen anybody from any sport take it as far as Lowry did.

8. Hous-TO-n

Hous-TO-n Member

leave this paradox to rockets and leave lin to be a dominant pg in kings.
    who cares

9. splendidchen

splendidchen Member

Translation:
    Rent Lowry for a playoff run and then let him go.

10. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

[rquoter]So you hate who says no trade questions yet you write an article this week about where a team should trade a player, to which Toronto would say no to that trade.

Amin (3:37 PM)

Several reasons why: 1- my trade scenarios include elements of fact: the Raps have considered moving Lowry, and Houston is one of the teams interested. 2- I think I made it clear that Toronto might not do this deal, but it's hard to imagine them getting a better offer. 3- I just don't feel like entertaining hare-brained proposals from people all day. My prerogative, just like it's your prerogative to waste people's time with awful proposals![/rquoter]
    http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/49927/nba-insider-amin-elhassan

11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Amin getting a little testy. He has a point but so does the "inquisitor". Amin posts his stock "If you read my chats / twitter / whatever you'll see I don't entertain 'who says no?' proposals" at least once per chat. Which is a little snobbish. He could just skip those questions rather than post them.

In any case, Lowry? Love to have him. If we could re-sign him.

But Lowry + McHale is like throwing gasoline on smoldering embers.

12. hooroo

hooroo Member

It's a contract year so Lowry will be on best behaviour. Previously I thought moving Lin & Asik for 2014 cap space was the least desirable option but Dirk is beginning to look very attractive as the 3rd star.

*Will take less money to chase more rings?
    *20 min flight to his home in Dallas

If cap space is the objective, Asik can be salary dumped. The only stickler is Lin's contract but this could be a golden opportunity.

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

From HoopsHype:

Now it appears the Raptors are less likely than more likely to trade Lowry by the deadline. If a team overwhelmed them with an offer, they'd most assuredly listen, but the likelihood is growing that Lowry will finish the season in Toronto. The chance of a division championship is too enticing. NBA.com -

See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.lL4YYpT1.dpuf

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

One thing to consider about the Raptors: It may not make a ton of sense from the "building a title contender" point of view for them to keep Lowry just to stay a middling NBA team and then either having to pay him big $ or possibly lose him for nothing come summer. However, not every team has the same goal that Morey has. Some are quite happy being in the middle, especially if it means an actual 3rd to 5th playoff seed in the weak Eastern Conference.

The Raptors have been so crappy for so long, and has never really been better than a middling team that finishing above .500 is valuable to them even if it cost them in the future.

15. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Lowry will be traded. Three-team deal most likely.

Words prior to deadline mean less than nada. Including this post, of course.

16. AKRocketsFan

AKRocketsFan Member

I never wanted Lowry to leave, but I'm on the fence on this for a couple reasons.
    First team chemistry, I don't think Lowry fits in with these guys. I love him but, I think his personality would not fit with Harden. Plus this team is tight knit I think trading Jeremy could hurt the team synergy a bit.
    Second Jeremy still has some potential and growing to do and has not hit his ceiling. I Know his D can get better, but offensively I think he can be devastating with a little more growth in his handle and shot and gain some more experience. He has a Steve Nash type game( the way he probes the defense and excellent passes). His X-Factor though is that lightning quick first step, probably the quickest in the league. Something that can't be taught.
    Lin's contract could be the deal breaker though. Because we all know it's inflated for what he's bringing right now.
    I think the trade looks better on paper than it would on the court.

17. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Kyle Lowry before Houston: 8.6pts, 3.6 ast. 42%FG

Goran Dragic before Houston 7.4 pts, 3.1ast 42%FG

These two guy came here, got better, then left and continued to get better.

18. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

Lin's not overpaid for what he does. He was brought in last season as the team's starting PG. He's productive even now despite the constant rotation in position.

19. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

We would still need a scorer off the bench so I wouldn't give up Lin.