1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

This is awful.

That crowd crapped on everything after Mysterio was #30

Daniel Bryan should get Orton alone at WM. I'm selling my WM ticket.
    I could pitch 30 better WM Main Events than Orton v Batista in 2014 not 2005.

2. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

I hope RAW is 2 hours of Punk, Bryan, Shield, Del Rio, Cody, etc and anyone who's busted ass for the last year and deserves a title shot getting to just repeatly kick Batista in the balls.

After that they get to restart the Royal Rumble.

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/VoMT8A8F2A8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I rather watch a retro than watch today's wrestling

4. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

So I haven't really been following except a raw every so often. I thought that Batista's return last monday had positive feedback, so is all this hate from him winning combined with Bryan not even getting entry?

And the biggest crowd reactions I remember were from Ziggler and Reigns getting eliminated so those are the two with the most hype behind them from the rumble? I can't figure out where Punk is because I'm thinking a lot of people also wanted him to win because he was the first entrant.

Oh and I love the crowd does the fandango chant.

5. supermandan

supermandan Member

sell it to me for cheap. show WWE who's the boss.

6. DorianTurk

DorianTurk Member

I feel like people are resigned to the fact that Punk wasn't gonna win. They're trying to rehash the whole rebel vs corporation concept ala Austin v. McMahon w/ Punk v. Triple H.

7. VanityHalfBlack

Request for gifs and/or pics of Aksana please!

8. Indaface

Indaface Member

They have to turn Batista heel tonight by having him Batista bomb Bryan at some point. The Bryan wins EC and theres a 3 way for title between Orton-Batista-Bryan at Wrestlemania.

That would make me feel better after the Rumble's disappointment last night.

9. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Every time I try to get back into WWE, crap like this drives me away. And it isn't even the Bryan thing that bothered me. It was that the younger guys bust their asses all year long with the hopes of getting a shot at the Wrestlemania headline, only to get told to eat a *****burger so a guy who is back for 5 seconds gets to headline Wrestlemania.

Who the F is excited to see Batista vs Orton at WM 30?

Dumb.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

It seems WWE hired the Walking Dead writers.

11. Beavis Stiffler

I don't want today's WWE to turn into WCW 2000. The young talent were held back by the veterans who are nearly past their prime. That's what killed the WCW company and it looks like the WWE right now are headed to that direction.

If it's Batista vs. Orton at Wrestlemania, they better not do a "Fingerpoke of Doom" and reform Evolution. Then, I'm done and will go watch something new, different with originality and never seen before. An alternative from the WWE's sports entertainment product.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/WhS4ZDnRqJQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I feel bad for most of the roster from NXT (the WWE's D-League). They're just wasting the wrestlers' time and talent.

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

FWIW, here's Jim Ross' take:

http://www.jrsbarbq.com/jrs-qa

13. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

I still hate that because Bryan beating Orton alone is really what they've building for the last few months. Batista just mucks everything up.

Baristas return promo with Orton was awful. I can't believe they went ahead with him winning over Bryan or even any of the other final four (Punk, Reigns and Sheamus) would be a much warmer feel heading into WM.

It sucks Daniel Bryan is getting held back and WWE completely ignores a super hot crowd. If he had Punk's attitude (and he's probably too nice of a guy for it) he'd just go out and take it.

14. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Lolz. Jk. WWE is smart. Bryan is basically Benoit 2.0 except surprisingly much more popular than even Benoit.

So here's my guess on what's going to happen. Apparently elimination chamber decided the challenger for the other championship belt before they got rid of it. So what I suspect happens is the twist is that Bryan wins elimination chamber versus big names like Brock Lesnar, Wyatt, etc. WWE announces that since there is just one belt the winner of the Elimination chamber match also gets a title shot.

Then it's a triple threat for the title at WM. Bryan vs Orton vs Batista.

Similar to how it was Benoit vs HBK vs HHH when I was a kid.

I think they probably want Bryan to be the defining character of WM finally overcoming all the odds and winning the title. The crowd would go nuts.

Also I want to see Sting so bad. I would watch wrestling full time if WWE signs Sting.

15. The Drake

The Drake Member

My thoughts on Bryan/Rumble: <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The Conspicuous Absence of Daniel Bryan <a href="http://t.co/irhp59QjKK">http://t.co/irhp59QjKK</a></p>&mdash; Chad Dukes Wrestling (@DukesWrestling) <a href="https://twitter.com/DukesWrestling/statuses/427898591198195712">January 27, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Triple H...

Im more mad that its Batista than I am that its not Bryan, I mean if you have followed wrestling for any amount of time you would know that guys like Daniel Bryan don't get WWE title reigns... and frankly after the thrill of him winning it wears off he would probably be a pretty boring champion.

Champions imo should be guys everybody wants to see get the hell beat out of him, and Bryan has everybody in the palm of his hand so him with the belt chanting yes would just get old... but if you drag it out you can get more bang for your buck.

17. DBrunk01

DBrunk01 Member

I thought when Daniel Bryan said on Raw to Bray Wyatt, "Since I'm not in the rumble and you're not in the rumble, let's have ourselves a match!" it was pretty clear that Daniel Bryan wasn't going to be in the Rumble.

Why don't people pay attention?

That said, Roman Reigns was the right choice to win. Batista... pshhh. And they were chanting for Randy Savage, who's dead, during Cena/Orton. That's how bad it got.

18. The Drake

The Drake Member

I thought he said "since Rowan and Harper are in the Rumble, we should have a match" or something to that effect. Either way, I don't think WWE did a good enough job letting people know Bryan wasn't going to be in it.

We're definitely in agreement about Reigns/Batista. Batista looked awful last night and I have no interest in watching him do anything except get squashed by Brock Lesnar.

19. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Are you guys gonna watch Raw tonight cause i don't know if i wanna watch it

20. The Drake

The Drake Member

I'm definitely in for tonight. Gotta see where Bryan ends up, Punk vs. Authority, and Lesnar formally challenge for the belts. Also, Shield and Rhodes brothers breaking up.