1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Grizzlies 1/25/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 25, 2014.

1. lomahtw

lomahtw Member

Plan A, push the ball, everyone except Lin and Bev who play spot up shooting.

Plan B, play harder and no sticky bal.

Plan C, write down the words 'harder' and 'sticky' on the drawing board and go play.

2. autoprt

autoprt Member

ctry2582 you are spot on in your assessment and being very objective in your views and what you say. i think some people want so bad to prove lin doesn't belong they'll go to the absurd to make sure they can be proven right. the truth is neither bev or lin are ideal starting pg's but both would be an excellent backup or 6th man. lin is about 2 years away from being a consistent player and i'd say the same for bev.

3. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Some games Harden looks like a complete chump out there.

4. calcium

calcium Member

It's sad. It's only on paper Bev and Lin are PGs. They are
    being used as SGs and I dont think either are all that good
    as SGs.

Bev doesnt have the size and Lin is too streaky.

For Lin to contribute anything significant to the team, he has
    to be used as a PG.

JH's stats might go down cos of this, but I think, overall, the
    team would benefit.

Nothing on the players here.

It's on the coaches as to how/what the players are used as/for.

5. Clarinetmonster

Thanks, we all need more calcium in our diet.:grin:

6. P Bev Tha Goon

Good points im glad im not the only one thinking like this, if all of us can figure it out im sure Morey can or has too

7. calcium

calcium Member

I agree.

Lin sucks right now, but that's because he is being used as a spot up shooter.

But when he was playing PG, the team was a monster.
    And that wasnt too long ago, go and check the few games before PB came back.

And for all the knockers, he might not be the best PG, but he's what we have right now.

So if he fails, we fail.

Same goes for all the other players.

8. HtownRocket1

HtownRocket1 Member

N he sux as PG, his bball iq is not good, way 2 many TO's n cant spread the floor, also bad at D. He can penetrate n thats about it, gets lots of minutes cause he's a close to 9 million dollar man. Certainly not what we wanted him to be, n doesnt fit our offense well. I was happy when we signed him n wished him success, now I'm hoping he gets traded, I'm a Rockets fan first, n no player is above the team. But this board has become about Lin n im tired of reading 15-20 pages about him each game. Most of these people are not even Rockets fans, they're Lin fans.

9. langal

langal Contributing Member

And more cowbell!

10. SexyButIgnorant

Didn't watch the game. Instead of asking what went wrong, how did Rob Covington play? Made 2 treys, maybe it's time to give him minutes? Ya know, since apparently he can make three pointers.

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Exactly. Push the ball and try to beat the defense before they are set.

If the defense is set than plan B is to pass it around the perimeter and hope someone is open for a three...if no one is then give it Harden and hope he makes something happen...oh and if they feel like it throw it down to Dwight...

12. Clarinetmonster

I don't know, it seems like your escape plan has moved up the ranks lately - they've been dumping it down to Dwight quite a bit. Sometimes he beasts - when he's not he becomes a turnover machine in the post.

13. Dementium

Dementium Member

Is it just me or have they not been pushing it much lately? They are doing more half court sets.

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah but there really is no rhythym to it. Sometimes he goes minutes without seeing the ball...so it feels so random at times.

They have the wrong guy pushing the ball. Lin is best at fast break ball...but instead we'll see Parsons and Jones push the ball.

Dmo is best at posting up...instead he's standing out at the 3 point line...

Garcia is best at sitting on the bench, instead we see him actually playing.

1 person likes this.
  15. Sherlock31

Sherlock31 Member

Truth!

16. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

After this game, nothing will gonna changed.
    Howard continues to tell his jokes.
    Harden continues to find his girls and write motivation on this twitter.
    McHail continues to be the worst coach in NBA.
    Rockets continues to lose game as usual.

17. cindylang95

cindylang95 Member

I don't think you understand basketball. sorry.

18. cindylang95

cindylang95 Member

Right on. Finally someone who understands ;)

19. P Bev Tha Goon

lol this is what I been saying, he might even be playing Tic Tac Toe against the hot hand to see who gets to pick the flight Dinner, I mean c'mon guys just play harder n lets go get em!

Sometimes I wonder if he pushed Asik away himself, didnt he say some smart ass stuff about him early in the season? Im almost sure he did. This arsehole pushed Lowry away just cause he fell in love with Gogi at that position. Same with Lee and Martin if im not mistaken. idk but **** McHale as a coach, I feel bad for his personal problems but this **** is ridiculous. They should've never gave that ***** money

20. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Looks like another poor effort by the rockets.

Glad I had to miss this game. What a bummer.

Whole team sucked ass, and our best player can only muster up 13 shots? Is this a joke?

This team has no heart; no hunger. This is not our year. Hopefully they will learn from our eventual early failure in the playoffs this year. This team is getting worse.