1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] The numbers are clear: Patrick Beverley deserves to start over Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 21, 2014.

1. yummyhawtsauce

yup as someone said, they focus so much on PG, but instead problem is PF, and lack of true backup for Harden. If Lin is going to backup Harden, the LLin needs to be aggressive if tha tis the solution.

2. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

I totally agree on the 2nd point. For the 1st one, I'm not sure though. For one thing, with Lin's contract, you won't be able to get a fair trade back. I am sure that Morey tried and what he got was probably not good enough. Second, towards the end of 2nd half last season, there were plenty of games that both JH and Lin played well together. I was hoping the team can build on that. But the coaching staff decided to go in a different direction, which created the current situation.

3. CRJames14

CRJames14 Member

Not going out tonight, but looks like Clutchfans will be more entertaining anyways...

(IT'S ONE GAME)

4. Stone Cold Hakeem

Stone Cold Hakeem Contributing Member

Clutch's point was that the starting unit runs better with Beverly and that Jeremy is a greater asset off the bench, something the numbers bear out, tonight non-withstanding. Y'all need to get off this "Jeremy deserves to start" bull*****. The NBA is about maximizing lineups, not handing out cookies.

1 person likes this.
  5. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Well, here we go, my first post in the Jeremy Lin debate. First of all, you cannot make assumptions about a player after one bad game. That goes for both Lin and Beverley. I was extremely frustrated by Beverley's play tonight. However, Beverley's poor shooting tonight is not indicative of how he will play in the future. His play against the Kings and Trail Blazers shows how important he is to this team. Unlike Lin, Beverley creates more space on offense, allowing for greater penetration and more open 3 pointers. Beverley also plays better defense than Lin. One game does not decide who is better in the Lin-Beverley debate. The stats show that Beverley is better on average when compared to Lin.

6. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Most of them aren't even fans but trolls pretending to be rile people up.

How about just putting them in your ignore list rather than posting long diatribes and giving them attention?

7. Zergling

Zergling Member

Patrick Beverley is being paid less than $800K this year to give us very solid defense, floor leadership, and much needed and consistent high level of energy and intensity in the starting lineup (which is CLEARLY lacking from Lin). But sure, let's label him an "overrated scrub" to fit your pathetic Lin slobbering agenda.

Lin has been extremely inconsistent the whole year and it's amazing how much Harden gets the blame for that here. Why can't people just hold Lin accountable for the overpaid bench player that he is?

Let's be clear here -- neither Beverley nor Lin are starting PGs for championship teams due to their holes in their games. Beverley is basically the lesser ugly duckling.

8. klkl96

klkl96 Member

this is just so funny when you put a 1/8(PBev) and 0/1(Lin) three point shooting together and claim like they are same

9. demarco1

demarco1 Member

Please answer me, How many fgm-a combine pBev/Harden just now? please i am so curious

10. Clarinetmonster

We'll always have those 2 magical games with Sampson out and Fitch in a couple weeks ago. Beautiful bball.

11. Zergling

Zergling Member

Why is Lin only attempting one three in a game? Why is he only attempting 3 threes per game for the season? It really devalues his supposed shooting efficiency when he doesn't shoot that much. I was hoping he could be our permanent backup SG for Harden but he just doesn't have that gunner mentality we need out of him. Shame

12. andersongo

andersongo Member

Morey will never get a fair return for Lin and Asik. Their poison pill contract will ensure that this is the case. The fact that the Rockets are going to be shafted raw in the eventuality of trading such poison pills contacts should have been factored in when devising said contracts; throwing your toys out of the pram after the fact is just plain silly and embarassing. In the end trade-happy Morey has traded himself into a connundrum of his own doing: a fitting end full of mirth for the other GMs around the league.
    On a serious note, Lin and Asik should really be traded as the team as currently constructed is not contender material and the window of opportunity for the rockets will rapidly close with coming Howard's atletic decline. The time to contend and win is NOW. Fire McSuccess...Makes some freaking moves...show that you are serious about winning.

13. Hous-TO-n

Hous-TO-n Member

best response to Clutch's insightful post

14. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Get out of here with your facts. What has he done for us lately?

15. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

I forgot to mention that PB is a good NBA player as well. He provided much-needed energy the Rockets need and is valuable to the Rockets. I don't care who starts but I do think Lin should finish more games, especially when the offense is needed as in today's game.

16. theangrycanary

I didn't know which thread to post this in, but this one seemed close. I was just watching some highlights of Rockets games, and I noticed that Lin actually used to take a lot of midrange shots. He would pull up and shoot these high arcing jumpers. And stuff like that.

I know Morey is absolutely against midrange shots. Do you think they told Jeremy to take that out of his game, and that has effected him? Because if you don't have the option of stopping and taking a jump shot, then you can get stuck having to finish a drive that is going to fail, or having to awkwardly kick it out.

17. jacky c

jacky c Member

People would always choose what to believe.

I have realized somebody's constraint within his own mindset. But no big deal, people come and go in lives, just make sure you choose who you want to dealt with.

The world is not the same in everyone's eyes. You just smile when people say or do something without figuring out his own constraint. And better lived for what you believe than trying to fulfill other people's bull**** or expectations.

18. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Really? of all the criticisms of Lin you're gonna go with 'why doesnt he jack more 3s'?

19. klkl96

klkl96 Member

why PBev shot so many three when his shot was not in? Even Harden just took 4 three point shot when his 3s not falling.

20. conquistador#11

what's the record with lin starting as opposed to bev?